• Breaking News

    Monday, June 7, 2021

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - June 2021

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - June 2021


    Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - June 2021

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 01:00 AM PDT

    Rules

    Bugs

    Instruction Manual


    Useful Links


    I'm sick of the memes here, I want the discussion posts!

    try http://nr.reddit.com/r/pokemongo for desktop users or this for mobile/app users.


    Niantic support : https://support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/hc/en-us

    /r/PokemonGO FAQ: /r/PokemonGo/wiki/FAQ


    There's this Pokéstop/Gym near me which seems inappropriate. Can I report it?

    Use this link. However, Niantic seems to be preoccupied with other things now, so don't expect too much.

    We have Niantic representatives on both here and /r/TheSilphRoad - please do not ping them for bugs which are in the known issues page unless you have found a niche yet gamebreaking issue/exploit.


    Where can I find other players in my area?

    Try our regional subreddits list! Also, see the related subreddits or TSR's community map!


    If you have any suggestions for FAQs to append to this thread or for meta questions, message the moderators or mention /u/PokemonGoMods!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Hey trainers, please be aware of what Niantic, and this sub consider to be cheating (rule 3)

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 05:40 AM PDT

    There has been a considerable uptick in bans related to users talking about cheating on this sub. We follow Niantics trainer guidelines which can be found linked in rule 3 of the sub. https://nianticlabs.com/guidelines/


    Specifically their 4th section

    4 - No cheating

    Don't do it. Play fair. Our games are meant to be played on mobile devices and get you outside to have adventures in the real world. Don't deny yourself or someone else of an authentic gameplay experience by cheating.

    Unfortunately, methods of cheating are limited only by cheaters' imaginations, and include the following:

    using modified or unofficial software, playing with multiple accounts (one account per player), using tools or techniques to alter or falsify your location ("spoofing"), sharing accounts, intentionally exploiting a bug to gain reward, abusing refund policy and mechanism, buying or selling in-game currency or items on third-party platforms, buying/selling/trading accounts, or any other activity that is in violation of Niantic's Terms of Service, available here: https://nianticlabs.com/terms/ 

    The big ones showing up of late are account sharing for whatever reason, and multi accounting.

    Yes we know everyone and their dog has 2 accounts to raid or pvp or trade mons to themselves.

    Niantic officially states this is cheating. If you want this changed take it up with them. If it is ever removed from their trainer guidelines we will reflect that in rule 3.

    The other big one is exploits to gain a reward. There are many many things that could fall under this, but for us, the one we see the most is faking steps in whatever method people can come up with.

    This is clearly against the spirit of the game (going places and catching mons).


    If you admit to cheating on this sub, there will be a ban. Period. This is not negotiable.

    If you disagree with something being a cheat, please refer again to the trainer guidelines, they are pretty clear cut.


    We consider it an endorsement of cheating if you talk about how you have cheated, refer users to cheating resources like dedicated cheating subs or specifically name cheating tools, ask for help from a cheater even if you yourself dont cheat.

    Tangentially related we do not allow gym take down requests or pokemon trade requests(these are also listed in our rules) specifically because we are a global sub and the only way you are getting help globally is from a cheater.

    submitted by /u/BootsMade4Walking
    [link] [comments]

    I made Gible chocolates for Community Day

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 06:22 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/gallery/6qccV8z

    These were a tough shape to get right, but I'm happy with how they came together! Filled with fudgy brownie and chocolate ganache: the brownie bite that might nibble you back 🦈

    If anyone's interested, videos of my process are in my Instagram stories @miscellaneousmao.

    Hope everyone had a great Gible CD!

    submitted by /u/miscellaneousmao
    [link] [comments]

    Best friends in game should be able to trade from far away.

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 01:51 PM PDT

    I think its a great idea 1. They would have to be friends for 90 days if they were trying to setup a market where you could buy pokemon from people around the world, it would take to long to wait and it would be easier to go catch.

    1. Less people would spoof to trade pokemon.

    2. It's a good reason to build up friendships far away and get to know people

    3. What do yall think would you support?

    submitted by /u/Tmoney8478
    [link] [comments]

    Capturing Meowth should yield coins

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 02:55 AM PDT

    One of the main features of the Nintendo games was that Meowth could use the move Pay Day which would give the player coins.

    This could translate to one coin per Meowth caught. Would make things fun.

    submitted by /u/Gsmaniac1
    [link] [comments]

    A Gible Day tragedy

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 06:23 PM PDT

    Wake up early yesterday, thinking about so many things.

    Wanna have had breakfast and got dressed by 11am so I could just chill and catch some gibles at home before taking a walk and catching more chubby bois.

    I had one good hour at home and caught a good few of them before deciding to head out. Take one step outside my flat, drop my phone.

    It's bricked. It's nearly four years old and the brand is not known where I live.

    Evil Morty theme plays in the background

    Hustled the whole day to get a new device that would be compatible in both the country where I country live and in my home country.

    Sort everything out by just after 5pm.

    First pokemon that appears when I manage to log on again is a plusle.

    Tragic.

    But good to be back online at least.

    Edit: thank you everyone for your support and all the awards! It really made me feel so much better about my own dumb mistake lol. If you were wondering why I didn't have a case... I did. My phone fell out of it because I was fiddling with it to hide some money there. Mistakes were made. Lessons were learned.

    To everyone wanting to trade: If y'all are near Tokyo.... I have a few shinies up for trade too! Hmu!

    submitted by /u/FKA_Ferial
    [link] [comments]

    I have a community day confession

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 02:08 PM PDT

    Today, playing in a populate spot where the community knows each other enough to nod and say hi. Three mystic players, me and a guy and his little kid arrived at a regi raid. The kid was excited for there to be enough people to raid (he was like 7) the three mystic guys set up a private lobby with a couple remote players and told us we could only play if we were blue. We wern't. The dad and kid left a little mad. An hour later walking the loop I came across them again waking. I said "hey guys, there is a 100IV Gibel down at the bathrooms."

    The bathrooms are off the main loop not near many stops about a mile away from the the main playing area. They started walking fast and saying thanks bro.

    Just returning the favor from earlier.

    submitted by /u/thx316
    [link] [comments]

    The best part of playing is helping lower level players when you're high up.

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 07:59 PM PDT

    I have been playing a little over a year and worked in the city so I got to level 40 very quickly. I have a fairly full dex, almost every legendary thats available and a nice shiny collection. While i still enjoy the game, it had lost a lot of the initial charm because I no longer get excited seeing a larvitar or Lapras in the wild cause I've got more than I know what to do with it at this point.

    But my sister recently started playing and she gets so stoked over raids. She'll blow up my phone to let me know about an espeon raid and then when she catches it sends me the appraisal. She's excited about it, and it makes it fun for me again. Knowing she caught something she doesn't have or that she is getting enough candied to finally power up her legendaries makes me happy. Especially since we live far apart and I can't see her.

    If the game has lost some of its appeal for you, find a lower level player and trade them something to full out their dex in exchange for a bidoof and see how stoked they get. It makes it just as fun as the first day you played.

    submitted by /u/mikenzeejai
    [link] [comments]

    Please don't spoof into small towns

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 07:27 PM PDT

    My friends and I have been getting knocked out of the few gyms near me by people that aren't local and it really sucks. I don't have the opportunity to earn a lot of coins with so few gyms in the first place. I won't just spoof somewhere else because I don't think it's in the spirit of the game. It kinda makes me sad that I follow the TOS and it's a disadvantage for me.

    submitted by /u/FarewellHotel
    [link] [comments]

    Shundo gible

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 06:06 AM PDT

    Went to the city to play gible community day and had so much fun. When I checked the 4* I saw a shiny gible! Wow finally after 5 years my first shundo.

    submitted by /u/Agile_Detective_8974
    [link] [comments]

    Caught a wild shiny venusaur today, i didn't think that was possible

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 12:36 AM PDT

    I found this shiny Venusaur out in the wild at a bus stop in the middle of my city and you can imagine my confusion after hearing that evolved pokemon can't be shiny. After some research i found it may have something to do with post Kanto tour stuff but i thought i had to share this.

    Edit: Flair

    submitted by /u/RaccoonHeadpats
    [link] [comments]

    Is this more rare than a Shundo?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 09:52 AM PDT

    http://imgur.com/gallery/60WT8Df

    Didnt think this was possible at all until today but i caught this little dude today and i just have to know how rare this is.

    submitted by /u/Acromego
    [link] [comments]

    I don't even know how I managed that exact number, without knowing it at all. But: nice.

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 04:11 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/Io5mulM Just saw it today when I opened the app again. Walked a lot because of community day of course.

    submitted by /u/Beesterd
    [link] [comments]

    Rural Players have no items

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 12:05 PM PDT

    Urban players could donate the balls they are going to toss. Wayfarer's POI restrictions could be severely cutback in rural areas. Pokestops could give more items based on their nearest proximity to another stop. There are lots of solutions and, despite their blog posts and developer statements over the past 4 years...nothing really has changed. Running out of balls on Gible Community Day is the most frustrating thing to ever happen in this game.

    submitted by /u/ShepherdsWeShelby
    [link] [comments]

    Got my first shundo today, thanks to the community day

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 05:14 PM PDT

    Shundo Garchomp

    It's also:

    -shiny

    -my first >3000CP pokemon

    -really cool

    This is probably the luckiest I've ever gotten in pokemon go, and I will probably never be this lucky again

    submitted by /u/slicernce
    [link] [comments]

    What a great event day!

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 05:06 PM PDT

    Today was the first day I've seen in a LONG time people out and about catching Pokémon. Talking about their shiny Gibles and trading with random people. It felt like back in 2016 when the game started and everyone was at the parks running to grab Pokémon. Thanks for today Niantic! 💕

    submitted by /u/dreachuuu
    [link] [comments]

    A sad story.

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 07:52 PM PDT

    Wild Swampert spawns in my yard.

    I golden razz the Swampert.

    I throw an Ultra ball.

    I get an excellent throw.

    Swampert breaks out on the first wiggle.

    Swampert runs away.

    I stare blankly at the phone.

    Why even spawn...

    submitted by /u/ScRAMbl3dKiT73n
    [link] [comments]

    All trainers, what is your favorite Pokémon Go memory?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 07:23 AM PDT

    My favorite memory goes back to the good ol' year of 2016. I was walking around with some friends when I saw a mysterious, big dragon on my nearby shaded out in black. I immediately identified it as Dragonite and told all my friends. We immediately went into kind of a panic, as the tracking mechanism was broken (if anyone remembers the steps at the bottom of your Pokémon. This was when it was just broke) so we all went in different directions and sprinted as fast as we could to find this Dragonite. As I was running on my side, I felt a buzz and as I looked down I saw the small winged, yellow beast before me. I had found it. I immediately notified all of my friends and they one by one came sprinting and caught it. It was an awesome day. Keep in mind that I live in a fairly rural area. So the nearest pokestop at the time was almost 2 miles away. What is your favorite Pokémon go memory?

    submitted by /u/WholesomeBlastoise
    [link] [comments]

    Can I get an F for the 2 maxed out 100% Garchomp that I transfered by mistake.

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 09:11 AM PDT

    1. Go to transfer the spare Gible.
    2. Don't realise you have the show all evolutions thing activated.
    3. Remove all.
    4. Realise what you have done.
    5. Cry for your 9 shark boys. (2 100% maxed out)

    The shiny are the only survivors of this tragedy... take this as a reminder that you should mark everything as a favourite

    submitted by /u/genji2810
    [link] [comments]

    70 shiny Gible caught during Community Day.

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 05:43 PM PDT

    I went really hardcore today and was able to get a personal record of 70 shinies during the six hours of Community Day.

    https://i.imgur.com/XSHtky8.png

    submitted by /u/orlouge82
    [link] [comments]

    The odd huge fan

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 02:15 AM PDT

    So it's obvious to my family that I know the most about Pokémon and I just love it but what has always seemed odd is my dad who almost never plays video games on his phone or my Xbox is always playing Pokémon go. Even though he is not the most knowledgeable about Pokémon he hasn't let that stop him playing consistently throughout out the last 4 years since he downloaded. I can say he probably has almost double my amount of play time.

    submitted by /u/Automaticabortioneer
    [link] [comments]

    Shiny -land shark- washed ashore!

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 11:50 AM PDT

    Shiny -Land Shark- washed ashore

    Just wanted to share with you guys this bad boy in his own habitat: https://imgur.com/a/u1fkU0k

    Look at his happy face celebrating arriving on time to his own community day!

    For the rest of the players still playing this CD, enjoy this very moment and don't forget to share 😉

    Happy catches!

    submitted by /u/DedosGordosHS
    [link] [comments]

    The opposite of shundo

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 03:19 PM PDT

    After a quick shower, I started trying to figure out which of my Comunity Day haul I was going to evolve. Going over my shinies, I found this guy.

    https://imgur.com/a/Ukm6QsM

    submitted by /u/boo_prime_numbers
    [link] [comments]

    Sooo am I screwed here?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 03:15 AM PDT

    So I finally found Giovanni and beat him. Shadow Zapdos spawns in for me to catch and then.. Disappears. I don't know how or why but he just left. I had 13 balls and had just used a Razz and he.. Just leaves? Does anyone know what the hell happened or if I can still catch him somehow?

    Update: I got in touch with in-game support but they haven't gotten back to me. For some reason the resolution of my screenshot gets butchered when I send it. Anyone know how to fix that?

    submitted by /u/SusanooAmaterasu
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment