• Breaking News

    Monday, June 21, 2021

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - June 2021

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - June 2021


    Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - June 2021

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 01:00 AM PDT

    Rules

    Bugs

    Instruction Manual


    Useful Links


    I'm sick of the memes here, I want the discussion posts!

    try http://nr.reddit.com/r/pokemongo for desktop users or this for mobile/app users.


    Niantic support : https://support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/hc/en-us

    /r/PokemonGO FAQ: /r/PokemonGo/wiki/FAQ


    There's this Pokéstop/Gym near me which seems inappropriate. Can I report it?

    Use this link. However, Niantic seems to be preoccupied with other things now, so don't expect too much.

    We have Niantic representatives on both here and /r/TheSilphRoad - please do not ping them for bugs which are in the known issues page unless you have found a niche yet gamebreaking issue/exploit.


    Where can I find other players in my area?

    Try our regional subreddits list! Also, see the related subreddits or TSR's community map!


    If you have any suggestions for FAQs to append to this thread or for meta questions, message the moderators or mention /u/PokemonGoMods!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    DEAR NIANTIC - ideas and suggestions for the devs

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 01:00 AM PDT

    Hey Niantic! You guys made a game we all have a lot of feelings about...and this is our spot to express those feelings and make some statements about ways we think the game could be even better for us - and by extension, you!

    If you want to complain about the game in a less constructive way please do so in the Salty Sunday - Rage Rants and complaints thread.

    Here you will find ideas and suggestions - a mix of the positive posts and constructive criticism that reddit's Pokemon Go community have compiled and discussed and up/downvoted by importance and validity for us all. If there's one post on /r/pokemongo you guys should be paying attention to, it's this one, so please do.


    Hey /r/PokemonGo Trainers! This recurring monthly post is for you guys. Sort posts by "top" to see what has been voted most important so far, but consider sorting by "new" as well to weigh in on the most recent ideas!

    Please pay attention to the /r/PokemonGo rules for commenting behavior and civility, and use the report button when necessary to alert the mods to any post or thread that needs a review!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Everything Takes Too Long In This Game

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 05:35 AM PDT

    Notwithstanding the most recent, awful update, I have long felt that everything takes too long in POGO. I have been playing it for about 5 years now and still play regularly, but have always found the experience a frustrating one for someone who doesn't have that much time to play. Off the top of my head, it takes way too long to...

    * evolve Pokemon

    * start a raid (when you're not inviting remote players)

    * catch a Pokemon

    * trade

    * send a gift

    * open a gift

    * battle grunts and bosses

    * battle in a gym

    * appraise Pokemon

    * purify a Pokemon

    * pretty much everything with your buddy

    Most of these are not due to the speed of the game itself, but more due to over-long animations or convoluted game mechanics. I am sure for some that the trade animation, for example, adds something to the game, but for me it was neat the first time and has long since become a chore to sit through. The same applies to the catch animations and evolve animations. Little things like the leader saying they are available to analyse your Pokemon if you wish instead of just showing the stats when you click appraise - totally unnecessary. There has definitely been some improvement with this sort of stuff over the years but I still think we are way off where the game could be with the right adjustments.

    Anyone else feel the same?

    submitted by /u/NetoPedro
    [link] [comments]

    What was Niantic thinking with this update?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 09:59 AM PDT

    Honestly. I've been playing the game non-stop since January. Since creating my account, I've now become level 43. I've invested so much time and money and have taken full advantage of every event released. With this new update, all my motivation is gone. Fast catching is a pain with the white flash when exiting catching a pokemon, there's no introductory pokemon cry when clicking on a pokemon, when finishing a raid you can't fast click through your rewards, and now it takes even longer to get matched in the Go Battle League.

    These are the updates no one has asked for. We asked for ditching eggs we don't want, seeing how many hearts are needed until your buddy becomes a best buddy, a way to message players to coordinate trades/eggs, and so many other improvements that would benefit the player. These updates just make gameplay seem more tedious.

    Sorry, long time lurker here and first time poster. Just had to get my frustrations out.

    Edit: I'm not trying to bash the game as a whole. The game has been great as well as the community I've connected with. I'm just a little disheartened with its current state after the recent update. That's all.

    Edit 2: I'm glad there's some healthy discussions going on regarding the update as well as how the game can be developed to better the PoGo experience. I've also learned that it is not realistic to ditch the eggs we don't want! Thanks for all the insight guys.

    Yes, I am rather new to the game. I have a great level of respect for all the veteran players. Just because I am a novice at this doesn't mean I can't experience some level of frustration towards the recent update. It may seem 'whiny' but that is why the flair is marked as a complaint.

    And thank you for the awards kind strangers! I'm thankful for every single one of them.

    submitted by /u/sunatia
    [link] [comments]

    I think I reached my peak and its only gonna go downhill from here.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 05:45 AM PDT

    So basically, a few snorlaxes have been around my house and neighborhood recently. I dont really care cuz im extremely unlucky with shinies. Anyway im tagging a few pokemon and I hear the bzz sound indicating a pokemon has spawned, so i check it cuz its a snorlax. Its a dark-ish blue snorlax and its a shiny. Im already happu because ive heard how rare this is, after catching it i check its IVs. And to my absolute surprise, the IVs are perfect. I just catched my first shundo and i couldnt be more happier.

    TLDR; random snorlax spawns, its a shiny, IV check it, its a hundo.

    submitted by /u/TreelandsUser
    [link] [comments]

    I caught a shiny at my dads house today while visiting for Father’s Day

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 06:34 PM PDT

    It's not much, and it's kinda lame but I caught a Shiny at my dads house while visiting him for Father's Day. I'm moving 11 hours away in a week and this was the last time I was going to be able to hang out with just him before I move. Truthfully that's probably the last Pokémon I'll ever catch with him in that house. I'm leaving my hometown( that's a beach city) and moving to a state that I've never been to in the mountains, so it's gonna be an adjustment.

    But today I caught a shiny Dwebble while hanging out with just my dad for the last time before I make the biggest change of my life so far. And I just wanted to share that :)

    submitted by /u/KittyBark
    [link] [comments]

    The Most Important Part of Regigigas Raids

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 06:48 PM PDT

    https://i.imgur.com/a9HGB6N.png

    This is probably the worst recommended has looked in ages. Don't trust it! Save a life, prep a battle party full of your best Fighting-types!

    submitted by /u/tforge13
    [link] [comments]

    I finally got snorlax earlier

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 05:32 PM PDT

    I just starting playing Pokémon go last week. I have seen snorlax like 5 times, and the first 4 times he fled. One time I wasted like 15 poke balls and 5 berries and then he escaped. Today I saw him. I used a couple berries and like 5 poke balls, but I finally got him!

    submitted by /u/burritocards13
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone please explain to me what I'm supposed to be doing?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 10:59 PM PDT

    So I am a grown ass man that just downloaded this game on a whim and so far I've only caught Pokemons from my house. But I did notice there are a couple special Pokemon close to me which I plan on getting tomorrow. But what is the actual objective of the game? How do I trade them. Basically what else do I need to know about this game? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/angryfinger
    [link] [comments]

    Rare candies to evolve Feebas ?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 06:21 AM PDT

    On step 2/7 of Jirachi, I have to evolve Feebas into Milotic, but I have 6 candies (one catch with yellow berry, never seen any Feebas other that 1/7 reward), and even after the 20 KM walk with excited buddy, I'll only have 14 candies, so should I use 86 rare candies on him to advance further.

    Or is it better to use them on a legendary, I have a 15-13-15 purified Moltres (2462 CP), a 11-15-10 Yveltal (2107 CP), a 15-14-14 Registeel (1497 CP) and a 8-14-6 shadow Ho-oh (833 CP).

    submitted by /u/DawnofZealoth
    [link] [comments]

    Just started playing PoGo again for the first time in years, and a bit lost about evolving & powering up pkmn. Is it best to ...

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 07:31 AM PDT

    use the pkmn with the strongest CP or weakest? When the pkmn evolves, how is its new CP calculated? Also, I just for the first time since '16 starting paying attention to evals (a big improvement from back then, I love how they now give you a little chart summarizing stats), and wanna know if I have a pkmn with good stats does it keep those when it evolves or is it best to evolve a pkmn with less than stellar stats?

    submitted by /u/mellifluous_redditor
    [link] [comments]

    Tech Support did with great response.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 08:52 PM PDT

    Had an issue today when trying to do a remote raid for Regigas where once all my pokemon fainted it fully removed me from the raid and it being a remote raid across the world, rejoining wasn't possible. Reached out to support in hopes to get my pass back even though I know most usually get items receivable from stops instead. However I seemed to have a very kind tech today as within 2hrs I had a response stating I was reimbursed my pass but when I checked my inventory I had actually been awarded 3 remote passes so I now have the max amount of 5. So this is for the people who are afraid of reaching out to support and not getting what you want. You might receive more than you bargained for.

    submitted by /u/ionx34
    [link] [comments]

    Do you have a magical spot where you don't move but your buddy walks?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 02:09 PM PDT

    I've been playing for almost 6 months now and I'm fairly dedicated. One day about a month ago I had the app open at my job and as I'm doing computer work I notice my screen constantly telling at me to slow down. I kept resetting thinking it's nothing but some annoying bug but looking at my buddy I noticed it walked almost 3km in an hour. I don't know what it is about this particular spot at my post office I work at, but this 1 spot surrounded by scanners and servers my avatar and buddy will just travel miles away and I even get to hit up gyms and spots.

    If I move my phone 6 inches away from this spot it doesn't work as well and after a few feet it's done with

    Does anyone have a magical spot or am I the lucky one

    Also before anyone gets super mad at me I just found this and I only work this post office on Saturdays for 4 hours so I don't get to exploit this constantly

    submitted by /u/Distinct-Check5030
    [link] [comments]

    Transferring eggs

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 08:08 PM PDT

    I think it'd be cool if you could transfer eggs for one random candy of one of the Pokémon the egg can hatch. That way eggs feel like a reward and not a chore. It's so frustrating to get my storage filled up with crappy eggs. Especially since there's no way to upgrade your egg storage.

    submitted by /u/waddledeefriend1
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else having trouble with Poke Genie?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 02:42 AM PDT

    I bought a remote raid pass, thought I'd do a raid with Pokégenie but the queue doesn't seem to be going down. I'm looking for a chocolate Raichu.

    Anyone know how to fix this bug?

    submitted by /u/Quick_Hunter3494
    [link] [comments]

    Go Fest Grind (help)

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 07:51 AM PDT

    Currently I have 210 great balls and 54 ultra balls I've also got 3 lure modules and a magnetic and glacial… this will be my first year taking part in go fest and I'm not sure how much stuff I'll need to be fully prepared can I get some kind words from a vet?

    submitted by /u/linkstart173
    [link] [comments]

    Trouble with launching game

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 07:40 AM PDT

    I have played the game with varying levels of intensity since it first launched however for some reason ever since the Christmas update in 2020 I've been unable to get past the loading screen. I've kept the game up to date uninstalled and reinstalled, cleared cache even tried the changing the Geo location restart trick and I'm completely lost. I really want to get back into the game with all these restrictions lifting but the game isn't helping. Any tips or assistance are greatly appreciated

    submitted by /u/VladimierBronen
    [link] [comments]

    Master Balls

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 07:02 AM PDT

    So do you think we'll ever get Master Balls in GO? What's everyone predictions? I did hear they were data mined some time ago. Not sure how true it is though.

    submitted by /u/AcademicSavings634
    [link] [comments]

    Any suggestions where to find drowzee??

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 07:02 AM PDT

    I have to evolve drowzee dor meltan quest..but i haven't caught one yet ...any idea where they spawn??

    submitted by /u/Energetic_Slowpoke
    [link] [comments]

    Hi, so I knew that I would become best friends with someone today and activated a lucky egg before opening and sending her a gift

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 06:58 AM PDT

    I didn't get credit for our friendships increase til almost an hour and a half later and my lucky egg had run out. Has this ever happened to anyone else before? I have time stamps of opening and sending her a gift and then I took a screen shot later when the game finally updated, but my lucky egg doesn't show in my journal. Do you think if I contact support they can fix it?

    submitted by /u/otterbot94
    [link] [comments]

    Pokemon Go Music Glitch

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 06:56 AM PDT

    Recently, I have been getting this really annoying glitch where after I run away from a wild encounter, the music still keeps playing regardless. It only changes when I got to a place that has different music (Raid, Grunt, Proff., etc.) Anyone else have the same issue?

    submitted by /u/Werewolf640
    [link] [comments]

    Hi i’m kinda confused as to how to evolve this pokémon, can anyone help?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 06:38 AM PDT

    for the spritzee it says you need to adventure together, so i swapped it out and made it my buddy but then it says you need to complete challenges with it. What challenges does it mean? and where can i do them?

    submitted by /u/-Wheatley-
    [link] [comments]

    Platinum medals are so inconsistent with the investment required

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 06:37 AM PDT

    Not a complaint, just an observation. It's like they pulled the numbers out of a hat.

    For platinum medals you need to catch 1,000 pikachu, or 1,000 small/large Rattata/Magicarp. Seems about the same, except the small/large catches are only about 1/10. So for a platinum medal, you can catch 1,000 pikachu, or 10,000 magicarp.

    Beating Giovanni every time he is available will take 4 years to complete. But bearing his grunts - even if the only time you do is to complete the Giovanni quest - will only take 2 for the platinum.

    2,000 raids but only 150 different species? So even if you caught all of those 13 times each you still wouldn't get the other medal.

    Less severe but 2000 raids or 2000 legendary raids. And it makes sense for it to be 2500 normal type captures and 2500 dragons, but those are wildly different criteria.

    submitted by /u/nIBLIB
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment