• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 21, 2021

    Pokémon GO - Reminder: Pandemic Bonuses are still on track to end soon

    Pokémon GO - Reminder: Pandemic Bonuses are still on track to end soon


    Reminder: Pandemic Bonuses are still on track to end soon

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 08:58 PM PDT

    Now that the festivity is over let's have our focus back on the issues.

    Pandemic bonuses are coming to an end. And there is no sign Niantic is halting it. While many places all over the world are still in lockdown and has gone back to lockdown. Even cases in the US has gone up across most states some city has enforced new masks and distance mandate.

    These bonusese that "encourage you to go outside and explore again" seems to come with "only in a places with low restrictions regardless of pandemic status"

    It looks like the initial reaction has died down. And this "exploration bonuses" cannot come with a worse timing, borderline on tonedeaf. Many of my friends in Asia had to play gofest on incense from home. Now some of the stops will also be out of reach Niantic will probably lose players.

    We need these bonuses to extend not end. To quote user @pogo_enthusiast about other benefits of interaction distance:

    Increased interaction distances should stay, if only for reasons of safety and accessibility.

    Some of the clearest examples of improved player safety include (but are not limited to):

    1. Crossing the street less to engage with stops/gyms
    2. Being able to interact with stops/gyms from safer (or more permissible) locations.
    3. Being able to raid more discreetly from further away and avoid harassment from other players
    4. Being able to keep walking at a normal place while playing, rather than abruptly stopping, slowing down, or moving off pathways to let others by
    5. Being able to mitigate the issues of drift and not move around erratically to get in range of a stop/gym

    We need to get Niantic's attention again.

    submitted by /u/Neilkd
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone else here just keep one of every pokemon they catch?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 05:30 AM PDT

    I do that but I feel it's wasteful, I have 650 pokemon slots but I'm always full, and I feel really bad transferring them. I know that there is a Pokedex but still it feels different than actual having the pokemon.

    submitted by /u/aLittleMermlad
    [link] [comments]

    I busted my ahh all weekend to miss out on the 1 Pokemon I wanted to get

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 07:25 PM PDT

    The only one I wanted was the landorus just so I can clear that take a photo with the bastardo and when the first lava hour came up he never shown in my town and I was highway driving for the 2nd hour.

    I prepared as much as I could in the beginning and I got many legendaries which is great but I just want to clear that damn take a snapshot

    Thank you for allowing me to quickly vent. When I told this to my wife she told me to get out of her face she hates digimon

    submitted by /u/Distinct-Check5030
    [link] [comments]

    PoGo should implement "Trainers" at stops

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 09:02 AM PDT

    Just like how we have team rocket at stops, it'd be cool to implement different types of trainers to battle against - like you could have Bugcatcher, Hiker, Ace Trainer, Fisherman, Scientist, etc.

    Team rocket gets boring pretty quickly and having various trainers from the main game would really boost my interest, like bugcatchers have 3 bug types and after defeated you can catch one of what they had.

    Maybe you can even have quests where if you defeat enough trainers you can battle a gym leader and get a medals for winning similar to gym badges. They could easily make quests that wouldn't be as redundant as rocket leaders and Giovanni.

    Honestly they can also get rid of rocket and do the same thing they do now but with different generations bad guys, fight some team aqua or team magma and then battle their bosses. Just would make it a bit more interesting.

    submitted by /u/MINImanGOTgunz
    [link] [comments]

    GO Time Traveling with Ultra Unlock Part 1: Time

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 06:50 AM PDT

    Nearly perfect Shiny Mewtwo! A blessing from the Pokegods at last!

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 12:42 PM PDT

    I work in San Francisco in the Financial District so I'm very lucky to be able to Raid quite often throughout the day when there's a hot mon at T5, but I never expected THIS:

    https://i.imgur.com/RHhiv0R.png

    I was already stoked to have my second Shiny Mewtwo, but when I hit the Appraisal button I nearly screamed aloud!

    It's got Ice Beam, so I'm thinking I'll finally use one of my precious Elite TMs to give it Shadow Ball.

    Yea or nay?

    Oh, today is my birthday so this is a pretty amazing coincidence!

    submitted by /u/PugnaciousPangolin
    [link] [comments]

    Is there anything we can do to reduce spoofing?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 04:21 AM PDT

    Long story short, been playing PoGo since launch and aside from the occasional spoofer here or there, everything's been relatively hunky dory... Until about a month ago.

    We've lived in the same area for years now, we're part of the local discord for PoGo and know a lot of the more regular players by name. Recently we all collectively noticed our gyms getting knocked down relentlessly, upon inspection, all the accounts are just variations of same name eg. "00James" "00JamesHubby" "00JamesDaughter" rinse repeat. All the accounts are level 50, and ever since they appeared they hoard the gyms in my area.

    We have about 6 gyms in walking distance from us, and these accounts have held all of these gyms (there's over 50 accounts we've flagged in our discord channel, all with the same 00 prefix naming convention) and anytime we even try and make a dent, they either spam golden razz or just take the gym back immediately. It's just really disheartening and ruining some of our enjoyment of this game. I just don't get it...

    submitted by /u/kensaiD2591
    [link] [comments]

    Friends have been in the game for more than 3 years, but there is still no in-game way to communicate with each other

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 10:38 PM PDT

    We all depend on an app like discord to communicate with friends in Pokémon Go that we don't know in real life. The only way to communicate in Pokémon Go is by sending a gift with a sticker that we gave our own meanings to. It would be more convenient to have some kind of in-game chat or to have the option to write something with the gift that you send that is allowed to have a maximum of 100 words. Niantic probably already thought of the idea, and maybe something stopped them of introducing it. To solve that, Niantic could apply some kind of profanity filter and the ability to block someone to prevent players from abusing the ability to chat. I hope you find this a good idea, and hopefully we will ever see something similar in Pokémon Go.

    submitted by /u/FL-007
    [link] [comments]

    Team Instinct minorities….

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 09:06 PM PDT

    After gofest the player base has seemed more active and I have seen my yellow gyms turn red and blue 😢😢😢. I am getting a little pissed off. I wish I lived closer but I cannot always be active. I am glad I live where I am as my Pokémon go map reaches downtown and every other main gyms. It was perfect for gofest remote raids. I just wish I could make my FAMILY grow bigger. My family is in crumbs and we are fighting loafs of bread. I will need a better form of transportation rather than my two legs :(. Yes I turn every gym yellow but they all go red or blue and only 1 gym stands yellow:(

    submitted by /u/Historical_Bowl5735
    [link] [comments]

    My machamp doesn't have enough hands.

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 10:44 AM PDT

    Found this gym on the way to work today and thought it was a little sad my machamp couldn't pet them all at once. ☹️

    Why can't machamp have an additional hand.

    submitted by /u/CJon0428
    [link] [comments]

    When you're running an incense during an event

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 03:14 AM PDT

    A Relatable Feel but don't get me wrong, I very much like how incense works now, please do not remove the current usage of it Niantic

    The meme

    submitted by /u/Thokturn
    [link] [comments]

    After a year and a half of Pokemon Go, I participated in my first in person raid with a group of people

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 07:39 AM PDT

    And it was fun! It was a Mewtwo and we couldn't defeat it, but I won't go into details with that cause it wasn't important. The group of people were colleagues from a course for unemployed people I've been attending from June (we are all adults between 20-some and 30s). I'm kind of asocial an introvert (what a surprise!) and I just started befriending a guy some days ago. We were talking outside yesterday and two other guys approached saying they had been talking about something from the past. One of them showed his phone and there it was Pokemon Go. Then the guy I was talking too said he had updated the game recently, I added I was playing right that day on the bus. A near girl said she has an account too, two others joined later.

    I just think it was wonderful to see people I had never suspected to play Pokemon Go actually had the game and knowledge about it. So today, the guy that started this told us in the middle of the class that there was a Mewtwo raid in a near gym and we rushed there together when the teacher finished the class. And even if we failed to catch it, I think this will serve as a good excuse to socialize more, as it was in that moment. A good way to feel comfortable there, so I'm grateful this time.

    So, despite all the things I'm still angry about the game and all that can be improved, today I'm glad with it and I know it can lead to good stuff too, like this. I want to think it is its main purpose.

    submitted by /u/RagingDragon8
    [link] [comments]

    With the new Pokédex categories, I created this spreadsheet to keep track of everything I have and/or am missing.

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 01:28 AM PDT

    Feel free to make a copy and use it yourself.

    Here's the empty template: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BhJT0wtog-WUt_VZYO7BaE_XOcXMehpd8-vVDkOH774/edit?usp=sharing

    If you want to see it in action, here's my own personal collection: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dgOy7KzXozqfcAHkex9FghfGDIkJ6ejuVYlbSbK7Xl0/edit?usp=sharing

    Let me know what you think, I will probably also add a checklist section for costume and event Pokémon later on.

    submitted by /u/MannedTooth
    [link] [comments]

    Sorry my little Mudkip turned Swampert.

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 06:20 AM PDT

    So I started playing PoGo around the time the game came out. At the time I lived in a smallish town. After I had to replace my old phone, I never reinstalled and ended up taking a break around 2018 to roughly around May of this year, about a week before the Swablu Day.

    Since learning about 3 stars and 4 stars, I've made it my own personal challenge to collect and evolve 3 and 4 stars. Today I finally evolved that Mudkip all the way to Swampert and took a look to when I caught it, only to find out it was stuck in it's egg since 2018 and hatched during the Swablu Community Day. Sorry buddy.

    submitted by /u/Zelfur
    [link] [comments]

    is it worth it to walk a 0 star appraised dratini?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 07:50 AM PDT

    I was SO excited to find a dratini the other day but it was appraised at 0 stars. Should I still go ahead and use it as my buddy and evolve it? I love dratini so much

    also for comparison I recently found a 3 star appraised bagon, and evolved to shelgon… is a 3 star appraised Salamence better than a 0 star dragonite?

    submitted by /u/uncreativemusician
    [link] [comments]

    Go fest was awesome. Even though I didn't get to participate in the second day I got a nice consolation prize

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 05:22 AM PDT

    First day my wife and I walked around for nearly all day having a blast. We were going to do it again on Sunday but I came down with inexplicable fever and was stuck in bed. I did get this guy as a nice consolation prize though :)

    submitted by /u/vimick
    [link] [comments]

    I need help with somthing

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 07:01 AM PDT

    So whenever I try to load up PoGo, it says,"Failed to log in" and the reason I'm not posting a picture is cause it's not letting me post pictures either. Anybody want to help me??

    submitted by /u/Cheezboi199
    [link] [comments]

    Best catch of Go Fest Raid day!

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 12:07 AM PDT

    The best legendary and best shiny I have ever caught!

    https://imgur.com/gallery/9QZwkW4

    submitted by /u/itscruztime
    [link] [comments]

    How do i spend rare candy?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 01:48 AM PDT

    So i just crossed 100 rare candy and even tho getting rare candy these days feels easier than ever im still anxious about spending them. I thought of investing in my 15/15/14 dialga to make her over 3.1k cp I also wanted to keep it for when i get an axew so i can get a haxorus instantly but then i remembered that im probably not gonna get axew for the next few months. Especially a good one. I dont have a good deino or a good gibble to spend it on powering them up and also i got a lot of candy for both. Maybe my 14/15/15 salamance thats on 2.9k cp rn? I have no idea and im scared of wasting it. The other legendaries i could invest in are: rayquaza, kyurem, groudon, yveltal, zekrom, kyogre, mewtwo but all of them have not ideal iv. I like my yveltal is 13/14/15 or my zekrom is 15/10/10 i was also thinking of spending it to get a magmortar becouse i got a real good shadow magmar recently. Honestly i dont know.

    submitted by /u/Conference_Visual
    [link] [comments]

    How long did it take you to complete the All-For-One quest?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 06:10 AM PDT

    I am almost done with the quest and just want to know the average time it take to complete this quest.

    submitted by /u/Law_Reaper
    [link] [comments]

    Tip: If you can't catch legendries because you are a rural player or don't have people to play with you, try Go Battle League

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 09:55 AM PDT

    From rank 20 onwards in the battle league, you can get the current legendary in raids as your encounter reward. The good thing about this is that you can catch it without the need to join a raid (and not use a raid pass/not defeat it) or fear that it could flee.

    Let me know if this can help :)

    submitted by /u/ASL66778899
    [link] [comments]

    Kazuma Kiryu would be proud. Harukachu-chan.

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 04:55 AM PDT

    I'd prefer the Rock Star Pikachu, but after playing Yakuza 5 a few months ago, I had to rename and fully embrace this version of Pikachu.

    http://imgur.com/gallery/Ikgc7yz

    submitted by /u/SleepyMarijuanaut92
    [link] [comments]

    Power up or evolve?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 08:00 AM PDT

    I got a 3* tyranitar and 178 larvitar candies, but I have no good larvitars. Should I wait for a good larvitar and evolve or use all my candy to power up the 3*???

    submitted by /u/ObamaGotUrMama
    [link] [comments]

    Evolving Shinies

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 07:59 AM PDT

    Anyone? I got some like Eevee which i can evolve. Do you keep your shinies how they are or do you evolve yours? Just getting opinions, thanks!

    submitted by /u/NorthsideMike312
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment