• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 3, 2019

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - November 2019

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - November 2019


    Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - November 2019

    Posted: 03 Nov 2019 05:08 AM PST

    Rules

    Instruction Manual


    Useful Links


    I'm sick of the memes here, I want the discussion posts!

    try http://nr.reddit.com/r/pokemongo for desktop users or this for mobile/app users.


    Niantic support : https://support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/hc/en-us

    /r/PokemonGO FAQ: /r/PokemonGo/wiki/FAQ


    There's this Pokéstop/Gym near me which seems inappropriate. Can I report it?

    Use this link. However, Niantic seems to be preoccupied with other things now, so don't expect too much.

    We have Niantic representatives on both here and /r/TheSilphRoad - please do not ping them for bugs which are in the known issues page unless you have found a niche yet gamebreaking issue/exploit.


    Where can I find other players in my area?

    Try our regional subreddits list! Also, see the related subreddits or TSR's community map!


    If you have any suggestions for FAQs to append to this thread or for meta questions, message the moderators or mention /u/PokemonGoMods!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    "So just a minor liver attack, huh? Nothing major? Nothing... cardiac, or brain-related?"

    Posted: 03 Nov 2019 02:57 AM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/Ktv5ZfI.jpg

    "The spirits it absorbs fuel its baleful fire. It hangs around hospitals waiting for people to pass on."

    • Lampent's Pokédex entry.
    submitted by /u/Nanoespectro
    [link] [comments]

    Another matching outfit with my buddy.

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 10:24 PM PDT

    https://i.imgur.com/D3nM8Eh.png

    You all liked my matching outfit with Riolu so much I thought you might like to see this one too.

    submitted by /u/giraffeshadowpuppet
    [link] [comments]

    Finally Evolved My Chandelure

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 08:28 PM PDT

    Through all of the rare candies earned from this colossal discovery event, I managed to get enough to finally evolve my lampent into chandelure. Now I just need enough to max her out~Chandelure100

    submitted by /u/Teeganblu
    [link] [comments]

    The Final Gym

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 03:41 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/aZIaDCF

    Lengend has it that this is the rare sighting of Missingno in its true form. I thought I'd share this with the world!

    submitted by /u/SchemesMcgee
    [link] [comments]

    I ran 1km after this

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 10:22 AM PDT

    http://imgur.com/a/KrIR3b8 So I was just running to a friend when a wild geodude appeared, I checked it, BUM SHINY, had no Pokéballs, I ran 1km and I was pretty tired, and the next Pokéstop was 0.5km away, So I started running again, got the Pokéballs, came back and I caught the Geodude within 5 minutes. I rested about 30 minutes after this lmao, the Link also has me looking at the geodude without any pokeball

    submitted by /u/Littrion
    [link] [comments]

    Wild Eevee Alert!

    Posted: 03 Nov 2019 05:19 AM PST

    Throwback to the favourite costume I've made. I know we're all sick of Flower Crown Eevee, but as she has (finally) left, I thought I'd drop this here. https://i.imgur.com/jzKCWCH.jpg

    submitted by /u/L1ttlemissmel
    [link] [comments]

    Niantic this pose is so silly

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 12:50 PM PDT

    I mean, I legitimately have scoliosis so this is pretty accurate with how my spine is, but this pose is so weird. The legs and torso just don't match and the way the shirt sticks to the model it's just so weird.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/X6Yqh7w

    submitted by /u/Lizardbros
    [link] [comments]

    Cobalion Raid counters, the infkrowgraff drawing

    Posted: 03 Nov 2019 05:00 AM PST

    Luckiest Colossal Event?

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 05:38 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/F11fov4

    Woke up today not really motivated to go do the colossal event but decided I already had the ticket so might as well. I started off with back to back shiny Regice and shiny Registeel. A shiny Lapras from the special research and another shiny Regice! There were not that many Regirock raids around me so I couldn't use my luck to get all three shinies but i'm so glad I got out of bed! 😅

    Edit: Forgot to add, I got home and finished the special research and got a 98% Regigigas!

    submitted by /u/parzygg
    [link] [comments]

    A Colossal Discovery Suggestion -GoFest Shiny Rates

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 09:47 PM PDT

    So like a good amount here, I purchased the event ticket. Not disappointed as it was everything as advertised (10 free raid passes, special quest and Regigigas), but like some, my expectations/imagination let me down a bit. I was able to get a 100% Skarmory and a shiny Skarmory. Overall I feel neutral about the event.

    My suggestion to have made it better: I'm not quite sure why the event had any sort of timer attached to it? They easily could have made this a "weekend" event. It wasn't like special spawns or boosted shiny rates were attached to your time slot (this part played into my expectations of potentially ticket exclusive spawns and or boosted shiny rate). I guess they wanted to keep the special field tasks "limited" in time nature? Not quite sure why the event though had the 11-7 time window.

    Ticket holders imo should have seen a GoFest shiny rate imo for the ticketed time. Go Fest rates I believe are 1/150. I'm not saying give everyone shinies, but that is a hugeeee draw for me. This past year I traveled to GoFest just for the increased shiny rate. In my opinion, it would have given the event that lasting feel once raid groups disbanded.

    Ive caught 14 unowns, so this isn't a complaint for me. I do feel badly for those who have never been to an event to encounter Unown spawns. It would have been cool for niantic to even release the letters "REGI". I mean the games been around for 3 years now and I'm sure the majority of rural players have never registered one in their pokedex. Boosted Unown spawns are also a big draw for paid ticketed GoFest.

    submitted by /u/Instinct_Hero
    [link] [comments]

    About Colossal Discovery...

    Posted: 03 Nov 2019 04:53 AM PST

    I was wondering how the tasks will look after the event ends. Will it be doable for a solo player? I don't care much to get Regigigas right now. I just wanted it to eventually send to pokemon sword when that comes out. That is if it's an available pokemon to send over.

    submitted by /u/EventHorizon1127
    [link] [comments]

    Probably the luckiest day I’ll ever have in this game

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 10:36 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/gallery/u6IHdh8

    Probably did around 15 raids today and got these big bois. I'm thinking it's safe to assume my luck with shinies will probably be dried up for quite some time.

    submitted by /u/beanheadmagee
    [link] [comments]

    Shiny of least favorite Pokémon!

    Posted: 03 Nov 2019 06:38 AM PST

    I caught a shiny Wingull and it's my least favorite Pokémon. It was so bittersweet! Has anyone else been disappointed by a shiny Pokémon they've caught because it's one of their least favorite?

    submitted by /u/EJ-Spark
    [link] [comments]

    A Discussion About Gifts

    Posted: 03 Nov 2019 06:32 AM PST

    Why do people add me from Facebook or discord and then never open or send gifts even though I clearly see them catching stuff daily? Is this a normal occurrence?

    submitted by /u/RDHjake
    [link] [comments]

    Male Pose for Collosal Discovery

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 07:21 PM PDT

    Am I the only o e who thinks this pose looks like a poorly photoshopped Pic? Maybe it's a bug but mine looks like garbage

    submitted by /u/patch6586
    [link] [comments]

    Making All Pokemon Relevant

    Posted: 03 Nov 2019 02:42 AM PST

    I'm sure all of us have been there at least once in one way or another:

    • A new generation has just been released, and there a plenty of new Pokemon to go after. You see one of your favourites in the distance and proceed to run towards it as fast as you can. You finally get there, start the encounter, throw that Poke Ball, 3 budges, stars go flying. Everything's great, except...
    • You're going on vacation and set up a data plan so you can play GO abroad and catch a few memory Pokemon or regional variants. You get there, catch the Pokemon that you were hoping to get, maybe even find some people to do a raid. Again, everything's great except...
    • You're a huge Pokemon fan, but you live in a rural area. Playing GO is significantly more challenging for you, but you're still a fan so you try and play anyway. You're very familiar with the few Poke Stops and gyms nearby but rarely encounter your favourite Pokemon. On a very rare occasion, however, something that you've been *really* hoping to catch finally does spawn, and you catch it. Yet again, everything's great, except...
    • You're an egg incubating fiend, always on the hunt for the newest and rarest hatches. You finally get the extremely rare Pokemon that you've been after for months. *Again*, everything's great, *except*...

    These are just some of the many situations which are very memorable moments as someone who plays GO. They're good moments. However, there's one particular detail that can put a bit of a damper on a special moment: stats, particularly IVs. To some of you, this might not matter. To others, this might be the aspect of the game that you put the most focus on. Whoever you are, the reality is that stats will play some role in your Pokemon GO experience. When it comes to stats, you're at the mercy of RNG. Plain and simple. No matter how much you want your favourite Pokemon to be a Hundo, and no matter how much you internally bargain with the forces from beyond that you'd be perfectly fine if that Pokemon was your only Hundo ever, the dice still gets rolled and you end up with whatever the result may be. Not the best feeling. But what if there was a glimmer of hope? Enter the

    Pokemon Friendship Stat Boosts (Name TBD):

    The Pokemon that are on your team are special to you for whatever reasons you may have. As such, along with your title of "Pokemon Trainer", you should be able to train your Pokemon to be as strong as they can be, putting more of an emphasis on effort and less on luck and virtual eugenics. Since this would allow any Pokemon to achieve the same stats as someone who got lucky by catching a Hundo, however, there would need to be a significant amount of effort required to get your Pokemon to where you want them to be.

    The way I see this playing out is that you receive an "Up" that is awarded upon completing the following:

    • Walking a long distance with a Pokemon as your Buddy (15 to 50 km)
    • Battling with your Pokemon in Raids and Trainer/Leader battles (wins count more, but losses also count)
    • Acquiring a large sum of Candy for that Pokemon (50 to 100)

    After you finish all of these tasks, you receive one Up that can be applied to your Pokemon's Attack, Defence, or HP, and you can repeat the process until your Pokemon achieves max IVs (15/15/15).

    I get that some people might be opposed to this system, and perhaps for a justified reason. However, at the end of the day, this is a game and everyone should have the ability to have a chance at the outcome they desire if they put in the work. By no means should such a system be easy, as the Pokemon that people have caught up until now shouldn't be devalued in any way. This new method of acquiring Pokemon with max stats would just give an alternative method to people who either don't have the circumstances stacked against them or don't have the greatest of luck when it comes to playing GO.

    Thoughts, comments and criticisms are all welcome!

    submitted by /u/Christophisis
    [link] [comments]

    Buddies

    Posted: 03 Nov 2019 01:32 AM PDT

    Hi.I am so active person i pokemon go but i dont know what buddy to walk can you guys give some mons to walk i have no idea. I walk 300-400 km a week so i think i have some options.

    submitted by /u/BexerPl
    [link] [comments]

    I caught a Shiny Magnemite!

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 03:12 PM PDT

    I've been seeing a lot of magnemite lately so it was inevitable that I would eventually catch a shiny one and I'm happy I did. I also saw that someone else in this sub recently caught one too so that's pretty cool!

    submitted by /u/shadynile
    [link] [comments]

    Finally got my favorite Pokemon with perfect stats!

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 11:53 AM PDT

    Swinub roots for food by rubbing its snout against the ground. Its favorite food is a mushroom that grows under the cover of dead grass. This Pokémon occasionally roots out hot springs.

    This is my first time getting a perfect stats Pokemon in POGO. Very tempted to not evolve the little guy because I don't like the look of Piloswine.

    submitted by /u/SummerFlux
    [link] [comments]

    How long will an abandoned gym hold my Pokémon?

    Posted: 03 Nov 2019 06:23 AM PST

    I put a decent Pokémon in a gym at a camp in the woods this weekend not really thinking about it, and then heard "yup, you guys are the last ones of the season til April."

    Will my Tyrannisaur is taking a winter holiday in Shenandoah since no one will be there will be no one here to kick it out?

    submitted by /u/Maticdog
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an event I don't know about?

    Posted: 03 Nov 2019 05:37 AM PST

    Recently steel and ice types are appearing like crazy (mainly spheal and magnemite) and all eggs now hatch in half the time,I kept checking the ingame news but nothing is there

    submitted by /u/thundersxxx
    [link] [comments]

    After no luck with the halloween event this guy came to cheer me up

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 11:07 AM PDT

    So for the whole last week that the halloween event lasted. All i wanted was to get a shiny gastly, every day i went outside of my house to search for them, then the last day came, i collected around 1500 ghastly candy which is a lot for me but still hadnt find the shiny. A few minutes before the event ended i checked my last gastly, nothing. No shiny. I started walking home. Then all of the sudden my phone vibrates, i check and see a magnemite, i tap on it and this guy appeared. Loved him immediately. I just liked the name for it dont @ me :) https://imgur.com/a/RP7hHaQ

    submitted by /u/MrQwertyuiop
    [link] [comments]

    Absolutely Humbled

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 09:03 AM PDT

    http://imgur.com/gallery/PPDZ3W7

    I had been putting off completing the "evolve a dragonair" task to complete the Jumpstart special Research tab for a while now. I had decent ones, caught pretty good ones, but I worked hard for those candies and if I was gonna invest 100-125 dratini candies, I wanted it to really mean something. Well months and months went by and nothing. It kind of just became this lingering thing until a couple days ago when I hatched a perfect dratini. I spent a whole lot of stardust powering it up and then evolved it into this absolute unit. I am humbled. My patience really did pay off. Stay strong everyone.

    submitted by /u/sammysummer
    [link] [comments]

    A Colossal Success (Review from playing 8 hours)

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 08:42 AM PDT

    I finished playing the entire Colossal event, and I've got to say one thing: This was balanced enough to be a success.

    The Raids were easier so smaller groups or even pairs could take them down. The Raids were constantly rotating. There were 15-minute timers on eggs, and gyms were producing 5-star raids all day. If your area only had two gyms, odds are you could still use all 10 passes. That's how frequent the raids were.

    There was enough to do so that even if your friends didn't buy a ticket, they could still participate with you.

    I need to make this clear: If Niantic had locked any significant Pokemon behind a paywall, the community would be up in arms. We got a Tyranitar, Lapras, Steelix and Abomasnow in addition to Regigigas. Those were just icing on the cake. They were cool to have but nothing to freak out about if you missed out.

    This event is for someone who was going to buy 10 raid passes anyway. However, I will concede that it does suck that you couldn't use Pokecoins. I personally had no issue dropping $8 on 8 hours of entertainment. It was certainly more fun than going to a movie for 2 hours.

    The field research tasks were well designed. All activities required constant interaction with others. Whether you are raiding, trading, battling or whatever else, the field research was designed to make this event very interactive and social. That is something that I can appreciate.

    In my community, the event worked out exactly as Niantic had envisioned it. Those who were going to raid a lot anyway got extra value from the ticket. Those who were going to raid a little could still participate. Those who didn't want to raid at all could enjoy some meta-relevant spawns. It didn't lock anything too significant behind a paywall since we can all get Regigigas from EX raids.

    It provided just enough extra value to make it worth it but also allows players to not fret too much if they missed out. If you participated, you got additional value from something you would probably have done anyway. If you didn't, there's no real pressure from Niantic to spend money you might not be able to afford. That's pretty much as good as it gets.

    On a side-note, I got a shiny Regirock and Registeel from my 11 passes (1 daily and 10 additional), and I also got a shiny Skarmory from the field research. Even if I had gotten nothing, it would be fine since 11 passes isn't enough to statistically guarantee a shiny.

    submitted by /u/novadaemon
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment