• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 10, 2019

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - November 2019

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - November 2019


    Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - November 2019

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 05:07 AM PST

    Rules

    Instruction Manual


    Useful Links


    I'm sick of the memes here, I want the discussion posts!

    try http://nr.reddit.com/r/pokemongo for desktop users or this for mobile/app users.


    Niantic support : https://support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/hc/en-us

    /r/PokemonGO FAQ: /r/PokemonGo/wiki/FAQ


    There's this Pokéstop/Gym near me which seems inappropriate. Can I report it?

    Use this link. However, Niantic seems to be preoccupied with other things now, so don't expect too much.

    We have Niantic representatives on both here and /r/TheSilphRoad - please do not ping them for bugs which are in the known issues page unless you have found a niche yet gamebreaking issue/exploit.


    Where can I find other players in my area?

    Try our regional subreddits list! Also, see the related subreddits or TSR's community map!


    If you have any suggestions for FAQs to append to this thread or for meta questions, message the moderators or mention /u/PokemonGoMods!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Spoofer? It’s not fun anymore...

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 02:12 AM PST

    There is obviously a spoofer in my town, he has multiple accounts, at least 6. He fills every gym 24/7 and if you take it over he kicks you out in 5-10 min. Doesn't matter what time it is.

    I just got kicked out of a gym, and I clicked to see it was him and it says he has been in there for 3 hours? What is going on???

    Is there anyway to report this? And what do I need to say and send?

    He's making it not fun anymore, it's just exhausting. I've been to the physical gyms he is fighting and taking over and there is no one around, no cars, no where to hide.

    Any help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/dnmnew
    [link] [comments]

    I hatched 2 shinies in 1 day.

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 01:10 PM PST

    I am happy to add these 2 to my shiny collection and to share my joy with the community.

    https://imgur.com/f69q2PL

    submitted by /u/VonNiederlande
    [link] [comments]

    5k eggs are the bane of my existence

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 04:16 PM PST

    I just hatched a 2 star, weak cp murkrow... I can catch stronger, better ones in the wild. What is the point of hatching eggs??

    submitted by /u/ms_pakman
    [link] [comments]

    Got my first Articuno!

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 10:15 PM PST

    Today I finally got my first Articuno from a research breakthrough! I'm excited since I live in an rural area with not many poke stops and gyms. I think it's a good one too.

    https://imgur.com/a/K0S76sG

    submitted by /u/chaitu1204
    [link] [comments]

    #PartyWurmple2020! Come on Niantic, now there's no excuse...

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 10:07 PM PST

    We've had a ton of behatted pikachus, and once upon a time were blessed with sunglasses squirtles + evolutions, and this Halloween rewarded us with costumed gen 1 starters.

    Clothing/hats aren't limited to just pikachu any longer.... so why not party wurmple this new years - please!

    submitted by /u/smardalek
    [link] [comments]

    Found this little guy today

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 07:42 AM PST

    Shiny Ponyta!

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 03:34 AM PST

    I'm very happy to say that I've finally got my dream shiny. I've wanted a Ponyta for as long as I've known shinys were a thing. I caught it at my desk so couldnt even react, but I honestly could have cried. Everyone I know who plays got a very excited text. I often just keep a shiny as it was caught but I'll definitely be evolving this one, just hope they keep appearing now. I'll need to find a new shiny dream now that I've got this one- what are some that you guys are desperate for?

    https://imgur.com/gallery/vZ5wPxl

    submitted by /u/ricketycrickeyy
    [link] [comments]

    Weather boost

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 02:32 AM PST

    What do you think about a idea of getting more candies by catch or hatch ,when pokemon is weather boosted.

    submitted by /u/BexerPl
    [link] [comments]

    Got a shiny Pokémon from my first Go Rocket Leader battle

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 01:03 AM PST

    Did my first Go Rocket battle yesterday, and I was presented this beauty on the catch screen!

    https://imgur.com/a/JLLSYjb

    submitted by /u/discoverspace
    [link] [comments]

    What to do with troublesome players? A friend of mine got hit with a skateboard by some players that have been looking for troubles for months.

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 01:11 AM PST

    First, yeah, we know that it's an issue that goes further from the game and stuff. Contacting the proper authorities is a thing we know we should do. And being careful. Etc.

    There is a group of players, from a specific part of the town, that has been acting like jerks. They shout things to us from across streets, they track us on media and write nasty stuff. And some other things too. But now... this.

    That being said, I'm actually curious about what Niantic can do and can't do about situations like this. I'm not looking for some sort of revenge, but rather, guidance maybe. Or at least, comfort. (English is not my first language, sorry if I'm not entirely accurate). Maybe suspending their accounts? Limite their interactions? (I think the terms are soft-ban or shadow ban?)

    Please guys, I hope that this doesn't turn into fight or anything. And I know that some venting might not make things neutral from my part, but still.

    The details go like this: (Also a bit of venting)

    We live in a place that is not "huge" but good enough to even play the Community Days. We mostly use bicycles, and it's a relatively "safe place", we minimize nocturnal activity too.

    We have a group of around 100 participants on chats (Whatsapp to be specific) but my actual "circle" is 8 more people. We are all on the same team (Won't tell which one, just to avoid discussions about that). We take and defend gyms together, some of us are a bit more "free" so we can afford to stay until late checking the gyms, using berries, take gyms at times like 21-22 PM, etc. We usually try to take like 2-3 gyms for ourselves and we only try to defend it for 3-4 hours.

    It is a town with more than 50 gyms. We don't mind being taken down, we enjoy the "challenge". But we try not to, obviously. It's all fun and most players around are aware of this. They also like to play like this, keeping in mind that it is a healthy competition. And that things should not even get personal. We laugh, help each other with raids, even eat together at times, etc. Sometimes we even ask if it's ok to attack a gym or not. Because we also want others to earn coins.

    But there is a part of the town that has been slowly getting a bad reputation because of toxic players. They have done things like looking for our phone numbers to leave generic toxic messages, they do private rooms even when other low-level players around might need help, sometimes we are playing a raid, from away, they start shouting things, etc. (We are aware that our "WhatsApp" numbers are public, after all, most of the town knows it because we made a group during some time that had 255 people. But still, it is creepy and annoying).

    For months we were like "... Yeah ok, let's not mind this. We are not looking for confrontation". Even other players from other parts of the town agree with us when we say that that particular place has some sh#tty players. But now, they are just getting worse. Like I said above, they confronted a friend that was looking for places to update on Streetview (Wayfarer and all of that) and even hit him with a skateboard. Luckily he escaped and while his arm hurts, nothing critical happened. But this is very concerning now, considering that they can even take things in more a physical level.

    I consider a lot of other things too. Some of them (the "bad players) are parents, and they play with their children. All of them are adults just like us. And one of them is actually part of the " official national group" of players, the ones making the big tournaments and stuff, and he is a teacher too. But yeah, I won't make it a "personal" thing by sharing more of them. I was saying those things to keep it in mind, because "those" guys, with kids and that are supposed to teach morals and stuff, are acting like this.

    I would also like to add that, we are aware that sometimes we kind of "look for non-direct confrontation". By that I mean, I would lie if I say that we don't feel a certain joy when taking them down on some gyms, or when they give up and stop attacking, etc. But we don't "taunt" them. I mean, when we take a gym, we do it seriously; when they do, sometimes they leave crappy stuff as an attempt of taunting. You know how it is.

    We are aware that maybe, the fact that we are dedicated, might "annoy" others. But so far so good. Even the other day, we met up with another group of people for a raid (We do them together, we even wait for them or they wait for us to get there). People that we take down at times or that they take us down. And we had a great laugh because the previous day, we were fighting over a gym for like 3 hours. But those other guys, are making things ... toxic.

    So, yeah. Can Niantic do something about it? I am not necessarily saying that we want to "ban" them. But with the recent events ... it sure looks like a great option. Oh and please, keep in mind that we are aware of the things we should do "outside" of the game.

    The game made a great community for a lot of us, and we don't plan on stop from playing because of a bunch of players.

    Thank you for reading, I am sorry if my English is not that accurate. And good luck with those shinies!

    submitted by /u/FleurNoctaMagica
    [link] [comments]

    Raid Sandslashy

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 06:54 AM PST

    Got this perfect Sandslash from tier 2 raid today https://imgur.com/a/BEk0zmp

    Second perfect IV for me at lvl27

    submitted by /u/TakeUsToFinalsDMich
    [link] [comments]

    House Pokestop or house gym?

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 05:05 AM PST

    Hi. I have been submitting portals on Ingress, to become Pokestops, for about a year and a half now and I am lucky enough to have a Pokestop in range of my house.

    Recently, a few things were added in the same S2 Level 14 cell that are eligible to become portals. Therefore, I am now lucky enough to be able to decide between having a Pokestop or a gym in range of my house.

    Given the choice, what would you all prefer? My reasons in favour of a Pokestop would be: able to get a research task everyday, ability to place lures down, able to defeat GO Rocket members. My reasons in favour of a gym: never miss claiming a daily pass, able to complete a raid daily (potentially, depending if a soloable one pops), able to get 50 coins daily (again, potentially)

    I really can't decide which would be best. The appeal of GO Rocket battles is making me lean towards a Pokestop. With also the potential of Niantic adding further features to a Pokestop probably more likely than more features added to a gym.

    My nearest Pokestop, however, would only be 100m from my house should I choose a gym. I very, very rarely have a day when I never leave my house, so I would always pass this Pokestop anyway. I also currently don't use my free pass every day, so maybe a gym would be better to give me that opportunity.

    Which would you decide?

    TL;DR: What would you prefer to have in range of your house? Pokestop, or a gym?

    submitted by /u/Shrog123
    [link] [comments]

    Tips on defeating team rocket leaders

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 06:20 AM PST

    I been playing Pokemon go for a while now and I'm pretty happy with all the updates especially the shadow Pokemon giving me a greater chance of 3 star or perfect IV Pokemons, but the recent update with the team rocket leaders was terrible for me. I can't beat team at all, even with my most strongest or effective Pokemons against them

    I'm a level 30 player with my highest cp Pokemon barely 2500

    Can anyone give me tips on how to defeat the team rocket leaders with just my Pokemons

    If not at what level can I manage to defeat team rocket leaders?

    submitted by /u/Nut_3_No
    [link] [comments]

    What's with these trainers calling it quits because they can't beat the Go Rocket leaders? Keep trying!

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 06:11 PM PST

    EDIT: "The game doesn't want to give me revives and potions" is an excuse. A scapegoat. If you raid and use pokéstop items properly responsibly you won't have these issues. Raiding and battling TGR excessively when you know you're low on resources will just add to your frustration later on when you truly need them.

    Guys, losing is a part of life. It's what makes us strive to do and become better. From losing you learn how to win which in fact is what will help you become a stronger version of yourself. Generals, inventors, philosophers, anyone and everyone you can think of all follow this same, simple formula. "If at first you don't succeed try, try again". It's really that easy.

    The most challenging thing in this game use to be soloing 3 star raids. It was the most incredible thing to see back then to bear witness to a single solitary trainer pit themselves against a huge 5 digit CP Pokémon. There were many trials and errors that we all dealt with but the important thing was that we didn't quit. We remained positive, stayed the course and didn't stop until we were victorious. These are just some of the fundamentals that I-- we train under and they haven't failed me yet.

    So please don't give up. If it takes you an hour, a day or even a month to figure it then so be it. Just don't give up. Learn, adapt, conquer. GG

    submitted by /u/ImNotReallyANerd
    [link] [comments]

    Found a glitch that allows you to view 2 pokemon at the same time?

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 12:47 AM PST

    I'm not sure if this has been found before but here it is anyway https://imgur.com/gallery/DSycJVn To perform the trick, you swipe between 2 pokemons' details and while it's in between the 2 pokemon, you scroll a bit down or up, and then it will stop in between the 2 pokemon and you will be able to see both.

    submitted by /u/Qpalzmeggman202
    [link] [comments]

    One day, Giovanni tested Shadow Moltres' power...

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 12:16 PM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/gyC56DY.jpg

    Rhyperior couldn't see much now. He couldn't see what was left of his trainer. He couldn't see what was left of the town in which he had lived happily. He couldn't see what was left of his fellow Pokémon that weren't made of stone...

    All he could see right now... was the thing it wanted to destroy.

    submitted by /u/Nanoespectro
    [link] [comments]

    How do you feel about the whole Team Rocket feature?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 10:14 PM PST

    I personally never got attracted to it. I play Pokemon Go while walking around. The only time I stand is for raids. I think battling Team Rocket is too time consuming and too less rewarding. I'm at 30 defeated grunts since the release and don't plan on going further.

    At this point I might want to add that's it's great that I don't miss out anything if I don't want to play the game like this. Unlike raids, there's nothing I gain from fighting Team Rocket what I couldn't otherwise. Well done.

    submitted by /u/Azudra
    [link] [comments]

    Finally Hatched This!

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 09:59 PM PST

    Can't believe I was finally able to hatch this bad boy! Never seen one in the wild. Glad I saved my rare candies for this!

    submitted by /u/freerunner0896
    [link] [comments]

    Caught my favorite gen 3 shiny in my room

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 08:13 AM PST

    Shiny Aron My first Pokémon encounter today was this little guy! I had to blink a few times to make sure I wasn't still asleep. After all the Aron I caught last weekend the first one I find after is a shiny! Go figure. It's always worth a check

    submitted by /u/drakinite420
    [link] [comments]

    My luck for Halloween

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 12:25 AM PST

    http://imgur.com/gallery/FfHWhDI

    Manage only get this 98% IV Litwick from Halloween event which it is was great because I not that person who play Pokemon Go a lot.

    Witch is also other problem to my stardust...😅

    submitted by /u/baderA34
    [link] [comments]

    Shadow behind my pokemon

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 04:09 AM PST

    Hey guys newbie here^ just wanna ask, why there is shadow behind some of my pokemon? What does this mean?

    submitted by /u/maestro187
    [link] [comments]

    What’s the Default sound of Pokéball Plus?

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 07:25 AM PST

    Pls don't mind me this late for the party. I've recently purchased 2 Pokéball plus. One for my boyfriend as his birthday present and one for myself. Difference is, my Pokéball plus is from a game bundle, and his is from the single Pokéball Plus without the game. After I opened and play around, the default sound effect from mine is a Mewtwo (I think) noise, but his is actually playing a Pikachu voice. Is that sound right to you guys? And if I don't have a Switch, can I do something of mine to also play a Pikachu noise? Please kindly help 🙏

    submitted by /u/Mediatejack
    [link] [comments]

    Niantic seriously needs to sort out its security. Team Rocket attacks are getting worse

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 07:06 AM PST

    Niantic seriously needs to sort out its security. Team Rocket attacks are getting worse. They've had months to sort it out and now more Pokestops are being taken over with more powerful hackers

    submitted by /u/sdeslandesnz
    [link] [comments]

    Is it just me not receiving the coins (or whatever they’re called) after my pokemons come back from gyms?

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 07:06 AM PST

    I've had around 5-6 pokemons in gyms lately and every time they come back I don't receive the 50 coins they were supposed to bring back, I only have 25 in my account. Today two came back and I didn't receive anything.

    Sorry for any misspelling, english isn't my native language.

    submitted by /u/Tatataia_Furcchim
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment