• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 17, 2019

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - November 2019

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - November 2019


    Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - November 2019

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 05:07 AM PST

    Rules

    Instruction Manual


    Useful Links


    I'm sick of the memes here, I want the discussion posts!

    try http://nr.reddit.com/r/pokemongo for desktop users or this for mobile/app users.


    Niantic support : https://support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/hc/en-us

    /r/PokemonGO FAQ: /r/PokemonGo/wiki/FAQ


    There's this Pokéstop/Gym near me which seems inappropriate. Can I report it?

    Use this link. However, Niantic seems to be preoccupied with other things now, so don't expect too much.

    We have Niantic representatives on both here and /r/TheSilphRoad - please do not ping them for bugs which are in the known issues page unless you have found a niche yet gamebreaking issue/exploit.


    Where can I find other players in my area?

    Try our regional subreddits list! Also, see the related subreddits or TSR's community map!


    If you have any suggestions for FAQs to append to this thread or for meta questions, message the moderators or mention /u/PokemonGoMods!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: How to stand up to bullies – fight heat with light, anger with politeness (park security called police on me – who, after a short conversation, wished me good luck with the game)

    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 01:38 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/gallery/symKdGn

    Interesting day today – had an encounter with 1 (and then 2) overzealous public park security personnel. I think my story might be instructive on how best to deal with people who effectively wish to be bullies and abuse their positions of power.

    I'm probably locally known as the guy with the magikarp hat on his head – but today for Chimchar day I got an inflatable pikachu costume to walk around our local park in the centre of town for community day.

    It started fine – I was walking around catching pokemon, occasionally people would ask me to take a picture with them and I would oblige. All harmless fun and no crowds (health and safety issues) were forming.

    Eventually one security guard walks up to me and states – "you'll have to leave" – I think he was surprised when I politely replied asking for his reason. Eventually he came up with the reason that "park bylaws ban dressing up as a cartoon character" – which I questioned him on (always politely – but firm in my position that no such rule exists on the park notices of bylaws). I eventually asked for his name to which he walked off saying he wouldn't give me that information. So far, so meh – there was some karmic shiny Chimchars caught after that 😊

    After roughly half an hour, two park security guards approach me. One identifies himself with a name and says the other guard's name is Mickey Mouse – I suspect that may be a pseudonym however(!) And again requests me to leave the park. Again I ask for what reason they wish I leave this public space – this time the reason has changed to "you are advertising Pokemon and require a licence to do so" – I politely disagree with his assessment and inform him that as a legal professional, I believe I have an understanding of what I can and cannot do in public areas. At this time I would guess that they may not often encounter people who are so calm, polite and yet obstinate (lawyers tend to be that way) and was getting visibly frustrated in being unable to provide an adequately sound reason for why I must leave the park. Instead he started using vulgar language – "you're f****** ignorant" and telling me to take off my silly suit when speaking to him (that hurt poor Pikachu's feelings there!) He threatened to call the police – and I informed him I was happy for him to do so. At least the two security personnel knew better than to lay hands on me physically (which would be assault). Passers-by and fellow Pogo players (who I did not know) had stopped to defend me and videotaped the personnel using inappropriate language towards me. At all times I was polite, but firm in my insistence that they need to present a valid reason to eject me from the public space.

    Fast forward 1.5 hours and a member of the Irish police cycles up to me to and greets me. Now I'm not sure what the park guards had said to the police when reporting my presence to the police but understandably at first he was rather cautious and curt. Again, when dealing with people in authoritative positions I find being calm, courteous and reasonable is always important. He asked for an explanation of the concept of Pokemon Go, whether I was playing with others (luckily our park has hundreds that turn out on community day) and some further details. When I asked for his name, initially he refused stating that a badge number was all that was required and asked for mine – which I readily gave (remember – polite and courteous!) When he finally did give me his name I made sure to say that it was a pleasure to meet him – he was caught speechless for a moment and replied "well the pleasure is all mine". After chatting a little while longer he wished me good luck with the game and cycled back to the station.

    This gardai (Irish for police/guard) will be getting a letter praising his professionalism – he responded to a call (I'm not sure how the situation was presented to him), investigated the situation and determined that I was not breaking any laws or being a nuisance to the public and let me continue on my way. Hopefully in the future the local Garda station will know how to respond to any further calls about Pokemon Go players in the park (even if they are dressed like a Pikachu).

    On the other hand – I dislike bullies – and fellow Po-Goers apparently have had security ejecting them for playing the game in the park before. Not everyone is legally trained and understand their rights to enjoy public space – so I do see it as important to stand up for people who are legitimately just trying to enjoy themselves out in the fresh air playing a computer/mobile game.

    So back to the main thrust of this post – bullies hate it when you remain calm in the face of aggression – if you stay cool and collected when they are sprouting off it perplexes them to no end. They only need the excuse of a belligerent person to have good reason to eject you from a public space, don't fall into that trap.

    The security may have assumed that I was perhaps bluffing in stating I am a lawyer (I guess they never saw Detective Pikachu's sequel – Lawyer Pikachu) but as the saying goes – when you assume…

    Anyway – all's well that ends well. The police department will be getting a politely worded letter thanking them for their professionalism and the park management will be getting an even more politely worded letter informing them of the situation, the provision of video evidence and a list of eyewitnesses who are happy to corroborate my version of events. And hopefully the park security will be able to grow a little and learn that using police time in this manner is a very silly thing to do (as silly as my Pikachu costume!)

    submitted by /u/thirdfoxes
    [link] [comments]

    Pokémon GO reference in Pokémon Sword and Shield

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 07:04 AM PST

    Recording: https://i.imgur.com/V1Q9fUm.gif

    In Pokémon Sword and Shield, around the midway point of the game you can encounter this lady playing Pokémon GO on her phone. She's even making the Pokéball throw gesture on the screen while remarking about how to properly aim a Pokéball.

    submitted by /u/nekomichi
    [link] [comments]

    When the edgy kid tries to fit in with the adopted family

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 07:26 AM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/xYZUqCj.png

    Only got reminded that you can't put two of the same Pokemon in the same gym now. Kinda don't want to evolve my Chansey for this reason. It also has Zen Headbutt and Psychic, which is pretty cool.

    submitted by /u/VoidTorcher
    [link] [comments]

    My first ever Kyogre is amazing

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 04:43 AM PST

    I still cannot believe my first Kyogre ( http://imgur.com/a/eDFtI1Q ) from the weekly breakthrough. The past two weeks I've only gotten Groudons.

    submitted by /u/InsecurePickle
    [link] [comments]

    Someone was here for me today

    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 11:50 AM PST

    I have a bit of a story that I'd like to tell the community that happened today.

    My little sister passed away this week, at age 20. She only ever played (technically) one Pokémon game, which was Diamond (she played PoGo for a few months too).

    Today was her funeral, we drove from the funeral home to the cemetery and something in me told me to open my PoGo app. I knew the chimchar event was going on, so that was probably why (but it wasn't my main concern).

    When I opened up the app, the first thing I saw was a chimchar, so I figured I'd catch it. I clicked on it and it was a shiny one too. Chimchar was my sisters favorite Pokémon, every time she played through Diamond she picked it as her starter. I really think she was watching over me and wanted to let me know she's still here.

    EDIT: rather than responding to each response that says it, I'll just say it here. I did end up nicknaming it after her, and plan on using it as a gym regular in her honor. My chimchar's name is Mo :)

    submitted by /u/penguinluvr69
    [link] [comments]

    [Art] Ponyta's Field - Candela & Arlo pt. 1 (From the first part of the story. Art of their battle comes next!)

    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 11:28 AM PST

    What would you do for a Deino!

    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 04:02 PM PST

    Last night at 11pm a Deino came up on my radar. It was in a park that closed at dark that I couldn't drive to. I woke up my wife and told her I was leaving (she wasn't too impressed), jumped on my bike in slippers, PJ pants, and a starter jacket in 25 degree weather. It paid off! I caught an 82% Deino!!

    submitted by /u/Bruce-626
    [link] [comments]

    Wrong monkey!! ������

    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 04:59 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/gallery/GAfWxYr

    Today me and my girlfriend went out for the whole community day and both caught 7+ shinies! Went back to the apartment, took a 4 hour nap and woke up to find this guy!! Probably not going to evolve him bc shinys evoled usually look like trash but maybe!

    submitted by /u/FearlessShock
    [link] [comments]

    Despite all the problems of Pokémon Go. It’s days like community day that make me remember the fun of this game.

    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 03:43 PM PST

    I know there have been tons of complaints about Pokémon Go, and believe me I get them all, this is a flawed game. But we all play for a reason. Because it's a fun game that lets us connect one of our favorite game franchise to experiences in the real world. This community day reminded me of that and I had a ton of fun, and also caught some sweet Pokémon and I thought I'd just like to share some joy with the rest of the community today. Having got 4 shiny chimchars, and a Gibble! I just reignited my enjoyment of the game.

    submitted by /u/SuprBallr
    [link] [comments]

    Team Rocket Go leader battles should have better rewards.

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 12:05 AM PST

    So yesterday I was out on community day and decided to fight one of the leaders which happened to be Arlo. Pretty quickly I got really pissed off because I spent well over 600k dust just to beat him and all I got out of it was a 1/4/2 scyther. I think that after beating one of the leaders that the shadow Pokémon they give should be something acceptable iv or at the very least a shiny guarantee because the reward isn't worth the effort.

    submitted by /u/kiyan_rz
    [link] [comments]

    Just a reminder how to fix your GoPlus that will not connect:

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 01:57 AM PST

    * 1 Click the GoPlus

    * 2 DON'T tap the icon in the app yet!

    * 3 Wait until the blue light on the GoPlus blinks 8 times

    * 4 Now tap the icon in the app

    * 5 Wait 2 seconds and re-click the GoPlus

    * 6 Stand back and think "how the f*** did that actually work?!"

    Credit to whatever crazy SOB figured this out originally!

    submitted by /u/BossBossian
    [link] [comments]

    y’all wtf

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 05:42 AM PST

    my 3000 cp dragonite DISAPPEARED. I know i didn't transfer him, so i am extremely confused how he could've just disappeared. anyone know how this could've happened or if i can get it back??

    submitted by /u/mgkloud
    [link] [comments]

    Simian Siblings

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 05:40 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/gallery/zApqwki

    I managed to catch a perfect IV Chimchar around a month ago and kept it stashed away until community day so I could evolve it at the best time. About 20 minutes before CD ended, I found another perfect IV Chimchar but in shiny form.

    I know it's not a very competitive 'mon but I'm pretty happy that I managed to get one of each with top stats. Overall it was around 70-80 caught in total and I really enjoyed the hunt!

    Hope you all had a fun community day!

    submitted by /u/GLAC13R
    [link] [comments]

    Getting seriously frustrated with ditto

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 07:18 AM PST

    I need to catch ditto for research purposes and my god it's taking forever. Wasting so many Pokéballs on these useless Pokémon that ditto hides as - to no avail.

    Does the game give any clues when it's a ditto in disguise so I can stop wasting my time on skittys?!

    submitted by /u/Olbrass
    [link] [comments]

    What would you do with a 100% Shadow Larvitar

    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 06:05 PM PST

    What would you do with this [This little guy](https://imgur.com/a/In1vzrf). I have a few 100%, but nothing as good as a Larvitar. Would you add another Larvitar to you list or keep it as a very cool trophy.

    submitted by /u/smameann
    [link] [comments]

    PVP with a random internet friend.

    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 07:47 PM PST

    So I have this habit of opening pokemongo every now and then and just going through my collection . Last night I was sitting in my couch going through my collection and all of a sudden a notification popped on my screen that a trainer is challenging me for a battle . She is a Japanese trainer* that became ultra friends with me over time. [* she has a female avatar and all her gifts are from Saitama Japan] . I quickly accepted the request, selected the team and pressed ok . Her first pokemon was a Slaking and I was like lol she doesn't know what she's doing . Beat it comfortably . Her next two are Dialga & Garchomp . Totally mauled me . As a rural player this was a fantastic experience though . Tonight, same time, I'll be wating for revenge 😉 .

    submitted by /u/chaitu1204
    [link] [comments]

    Community day success

    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 05:15 PM PST

    Got the coolest Pokemon ever from Community day! Perfect IV's after a long unfruitful day of hunting for 3 star shiny's I hatch this beauty from a 2km egg, just at 2 o'clock. Could not be happier today! https://imgur.com/gallery/kKmDton

    submitted by /u/brogers02
    [link] [comments]

    I've evolved.

    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 04:42 PM PST

    http://imgur.com/gallery/S8tk6nT Humor/bug post

    I have officially evolved. Pokedex entry: In this form, I can travel twice the distance in the same amount of steps. I can hatch more eggs, see more pokemon at once, store more pokemon and items than ever before. Team Rocket beware. There is a new boss in town and I am everywhere.

    What's that meme? I see no God up here..... EXCEPT ME!

    submitted by /u/sammysummer
    [link] [comments]

    Missed out on a shiny for community day.

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 07:52 AM PST

    But I caught this guy while walking to breakfast this morning which makes up for catching all those Chimchars with no shiny luck.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/y7aYQB5

    submitted by /u/EmtheEducator
    [link] [comments]

    Not a bad day at all.

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 07:40 AM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/VgQ4RA1.jpg

    The rain dropped a lot of the tree's oranges, so the Chimchars are enjoying them while Weezing gives some clean air for the tree to heal (Yeah, Galarian Weezings purify air, fancy that)...

    In sum, not a bad day at all.

    submitted by /u/Nanoespectro
    [link] [comments]

    Shadow moves

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 07:32 AM PST

    If I spend the 225,000 stardust and 225 candies to learn a new move on my shadow dragonite will it learn an actual new move or just another bad shadow move like frustration?

    submitted by /u/fbade
    [link] [comments]

    Had some fun at the zoo during community day!

    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 02:38 PM PST

    [AR Shot] a little dramatic AR shot we took at the zoo earlier!

    Had some pretty good luck with shinies too! How was everyone else's CD?

    https://imgur.com/gallery/3Y7xtPX

    submitted by /u/freaknSpud
    [link] [comments]

    Community Day success!

    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 09:42 AM PST

    I've came back to Pokemon go a few months ago. This is the third Community Day I've participated in. This is by far my most successful one yet.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/2FbDyga

    Edit: Fixing voice to text errors.

    submitted by /u/Breshkar
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment