• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 31, 2019

    Pokémon GO - Monthly Megathread - now hearing regarding the sub: all your qualms, issues and concerns - December 2019

    Pokémon GO - Monthly Megathread - now hearing regarding the sub: all your qualms, issues and concerns - December 2019


    Monthly Megathread - now hearing regarding the sub: all your qualms, issues and concerns - December 2019

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 04:08 AM PST

    Hey /r/PokemonGo Trainers! This recurring monthly post is for you trainers for giving feedback on our sub, remember to stay civil and having constructive feedback is more likely to be implemented.

    Use it to bring up issues you see in the subreddit. Sort posts by "top" to see what has been voted most important so far, but consider sorting by new as well to weigh in on the most recent ideas!

    Every month for 48 hours this thread will feature as a stage to air your concerns regarding the subreddit. We'll take a look at the top concerns or ideas and see what we can do.

    Keep in mind that this is not a guarantee that your input will lead to an immediate change, or any change at all. We as moderators are trying to provide an environment that appeals to and is useful to the majority of users and not just the vocal minority.

    If there are any major changes that we plan to implement, we will likely trial those changes and ask for your feedback before implementing it permanently.

    Please pay attention to the /r/PokemonGo rules for commenting behavior and civility.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I caught the first Pokemon in the world for 2020!

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 03:10 AM PST

    As I'm in New Zealand, the clock just hit midnight and therefore it's now 2020. Fairly confident I caught the first first Pokemon in the world for 2020, none other than Pikachu himself!

    https://imgur.com/a/9SDWzJ1

    submitted by /u/FinchyNZ
    [link] [comments]

    I showed you my pokéballs please respond

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 04:09 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/co4VnM6

    I was having trouble finding a place to place my Tyranitar until I was finally able to place him on a table. This was the result.

    submitted by /u/lopez208
    [link] [comments]

    This game made me and my kids closer... Until now

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 04:30 PM PST

    My kids and I go out a few times a week as we have some great pogo areas around us. We always go to raid night together and have a great time. I really love that we have a common interest and today they bought team medallions so that we could all be on the same side. My son (13) needed an arbok to complete his kanto dex and offered me his worst articuno to trade... We got lucky, well one of us did. http://imgur.com/a/H4CWONr He's now not speaking to me and I think he wishes he hadn't bought the medallion. To be fair, I'd accidentally traded him my 100% sandslash which dropped to 1 star earlier today!

    submitted by /u/Exotic-Mechanic
    [link] [comments]

    [Photo] Just hanging with shiny shadow absol.

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 08:13 PM PST

    Never got that shiny stantler but this is even better. Decent IVs too. Hope you're all having some luck too.

    Shiny shadow absol

    submitted by /u/Snot_Rocket_Launcher
    [link] [comments]

    New research is meh

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 01:31 PM PST

    I get that Lapras is a rare pokemon to find (and most definitely better than flower crown eevee) but i still would prefer that we get legendaries from the research. I dunno, I just think most players might not like it. I'm curious to see what other people think

    submitted by /u/HellFire-Revenant
    [link] [comments]

    2019 in numbers. How many pokémon species, different forms, shiny etc were made available this year

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 05:11 AM PST

    The Pokémon GO Fandom website keeps track day by day (divided by regions) of how many forms were made available to be obtained in the game.

    In 2019, 100 new Pokémon species, 116 distinct regular forms and 201 shiny forms were made available to be obtained. 36 regular variants and 60 shiny variants were made available due to 21 costume and 10 gender variants that were released. The following medals became achievable for the first time:

    • Sinnoh Gold
    • Unova Bronze and Silver
    • All Johto-region Pokémon species were released, becoming the second region to be possible to complete the Pokédex.

    If you wanna see the full list since 2016 and understand how the counters work go here.

    It's nice to see how the game is growing. For comparison:

    • In 2016, 154 new Pokémon species, 154 distinct regular forms and 0 shiny forms were made available to be obtained. 2 costume variants were made available. No shiny Pokémon were released in 2016.
    • In 2017, 170 new Pokémon species, 195 distinct regular forms and 14 shiny forms were made available to be obtained. 63 regular variants and 4 shiny variants were made available due to 9 costume and 59 gender variations. The following medals became achievable for the first time:

      • Johto Silver and Gold.
      • Hoenn Bronze and Silver .
    • 2018, 119 new Pokémon species, 147 distinct regular forms and 133 shiny forms were made available to be obtained. 37 regular variants and 37 shiny variants were made available due to 9 costume and 24 gender variants. The following medals became achievable for the first time:

      • Hoenn Gold .
      • Sinnoh Bronze and Silver.
      • All Kanto-region Pokémon species were released, becoming the first region to be possible to complete the Pokédex.
    submitted by /u/luizsouthier
    [link] [comments]

    The poor things never had a chance in the cold...

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 03:36 AM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/oDpGxnN.jpg

    Frosslass did not need to wonder how did a pair of infant Chikoritas get to her icy field. Some time ago, she had belonged to Blanche and learned from her what Willow does with the Pokémon transferred to him...

    See, at first, Willow employed many aides, both human and Pokémon (Usually psychic-types) to decide a fitting place for the transferred Pokémon: Send fire-types to deserts or sunny areas, grass-types to jungles, water-types to the sea or to lakes, and so on...

    But soon after, the number of transferred Pokémon became so large that no amount of minds would be able to handle it. And so, Willow automated the process, basing the location on algorythms... And even though it's only one or two times per million, algorythms fail.

    Frosslass did not need to wonder how did a pair of infant Chikoritas get to her icy field... she just saw how the older one had tried to cover the younger one with its leaf, in some last, desperate attempt to protect it from the freezing cold... and she cried.

    submitted by /u/Nanoespectro
    [link] [comments]

    Does it seem like adventure sync isn't working after the latest update?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 03:45 AM PST

    I walk a 5k at least 3 times a week and so far I've gotten credit for 1km. I've restarted my phone and the app a couple times but haven't tried reinstalling yet.

    submitted by /u/SirPhobos64
    [link] [comments]

    Top AR Shots of 2019

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 07:36 AM PST

    Happy New Years everyone! If anyone is interested in celebrating me you can check out my Instagram page to see the countdown of my 10 favorite shots of 2019! Also, if anyone is interested in AR photography or learning how to do it feel free to follow my Instagram. I'll be posting photo contests and tutorials during the new year!

    https://www.instagram.com/s/aGlnaGxpZ2h0OjE4MDg3MjcyNTc1MDg1NTcw?igshid=1efutg8ycllkm

    submitted by /u/Pjroxas
    [link] [comments]

    Literally my first stantler raid that I did during the event

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 04:32 PM PST

    And I got This guy

    Best part was that i was just passing by while going to nearby 5* raid and while it was nice, i would not have cry a river if i didn't get this one as a shiny.

    Weird how it seems like, when you go on like 100 raids to get at least one shiny psystrike mewtwo. and it took until the literally last possible raid during the apology raid hour until i got one.

    Then I go on one stantler raid just to pass the time and...

    submitted by /u/hunter_finn
    [link] [comments]

    Make it more likely to get pokemon that you haven't already gotten in research rewards.

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 09:24 PM PST

    I feel like this is said a lot but I want to suggest it again.

    I understand that making it random means it's more excitement when you get the pokemon you want, but after 7 failed attempts to get either a kyogre or a groudon I came up empty and idk when they will be available again. (This while people I know are getting more than one of each)

    I understand it's all luck based and people probably not want things to change, but I cant overstate how disappointed I was after working for a week to get the research reward and getting a 3rd moltres.

    (And yes, I could trade them but that's assuming that both of us have enough stardust AND whoever I'm trading with is willing to give up their kyogre, which in most cases neither are true)

    submitted by /u/1LastGame
    [link] [comments]

    How Canada's military reacted to seeing Pokemon Go players trespassing on its bases

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 07:40 AM PST

    A nice little couch shiny!!

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 09:44 AM PST

    Just found this one while being lazy on the couch. My first shiny from this event! 😍

    submitted by /u/explorerlee
    [link] [comments]

    Been sitting on this egg for a while, hope it's not rotten...

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 01:53 PM PST

    After what's clearly a long time holding onto it and waiting to hatch it, maybe today should be the day

    submitted by /u/GreyFoxes
    [link] [comments]

    dragonite and charizard too drunk to properly take a photo

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 07:02 PM PST

    We had a nice dinner and wanted a group photo. But dragonite and charizard are too drunk to function.

    https://imgur.com/D344Nx2

    submitted by /u/mediummochachino
    [link] [comments]

    Any IV app suggestions?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 07:54 AM PST

    Been wanting to get an IV calculator since I've been judging my mons off of stars instead of IV, but I wanted to get some recommendations so I don't get one that's useless

    submitted by /u/Ludophobia_
    [link] [comments]

    Got me a brand new shiny lads!

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 03:25 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/gallery/EEutMWH
    Clicked on him by pure fluke thinking 'ah sure fuck it' on me walk to work and he ended up being a shiny! Just wanted to share my excitement :}

    submitted by /u/alphabetponyyy
    [link] [comments]

    I'd say this is a pretty lucky hatch! Can't ask for more.

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 11:41 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/Rp8Ck9d

    100% Shiny Pichu with a beanie. Second 100% Shiny Pichu I've ever hatched.

    submitted by /u/doublea94
    [link] [comments]

    Max 50 per day

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 08:11 AM PST

    If gym earning is max 50 coin per day do I still receive 50 if I put my Pokemon in at 3pm and it gets kicked out 3am next day. Or will the coins zero at midnight and it's 1 coin per 10minutes for the 3 hours after midnight?

    submitted by /u/Kuuton
    [link] [comments]

    Research Lapras

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 04:04 PM PST

    Don't worry. I am not crying over a month without free legendaries. There will be enough of those posts in the next hours. I am wondering though if the legacy Lapras is at least useful as an Ice attacker for Raids. I've already read that it is good in PvP, but PvP as it is now interests me not in the slightest.

    submitted by /u/Senya42
    [link] [comments]

    Research breakthrough

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 07:22 AM PST

    Do I go for a legendary and hope for a shiny or should I wait for lapras starting tomorrow? I have all the legendary from this set of breakthrough and only a shiny moltres.

    submitted by /u/HuckFobbits
    [link] [comments]

    how can i find raid parties

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 06:54 AM PST

    I've been playing pokemon go since its inception. granted I have had lots of time off from it too. How can I join a raiding party in progress. I know this will greatly increase my chances in being successful. I have never joined a raiding party.

    ---yes I posted this before they keep kicking for flair...geez

    submitted by /u/wilnel
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone Raiding in Punta Cana, DR, Riu/Iberostar Hotels.

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 06:52 AM PST

    Im currently staying there for New Year and would be interested in joining some raid groups! (If someone is making some,please respond around 30 mins before with the gym name and maybe the hotel name x3 ) I am Adrygf in Pokemon Go

    submitted by /u/Adrygf
    [link] [comments]

    Research breakthroughs(not Lapras)

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 06:48 AM PST

    I'm tired of what I'm getting in research breakthroughs, of the last 6 I have gotten 5 have been Kyogre. Before that it was 3 Latios in a row... I still don't have several of the legendaries as I'm missing Moltres, Groudon and maybe one other I'm forgetting. Friends of mine have them all and are getting shinies or even their first one was a shiny. Honestly it should give them all before it starts giving so many repeats.

    submitted by /u/BlakDragon93
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment