• Breaking News

    Friday, January 31, 2020

    Pokémon GO - Monthly Megathread - now hearing regarding the sub: all your qualms, issues and concerns - January 2020

    Pokémon GO - Monthly Megathread - now hearing regarding the sub: all your qualms, issues and concerns - January 2020


    Monthly Megathread - now hearing regarding the sub: all your qualms, issues and concerns - January 2020

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 04:09 AM PST

    Hey /r/PokemonGo Trainers! This recurring monthly post is for you trainers for giving feedback on our sub, remember to stay civil and having constructive feedback is more likely to be implemented.

    Use it to bring up issues you see in the subreddit. Sort posts by "top" to see what has been voted most important so far, but consider sorting by new as well to weigh in on the most recent ideas!

    Every month for 48 hours this thread will feature as a stage to air your concerns regarding the subreddit. We'll take a look at the top concerns or ideas and see what we can do.

    Keep in mind that this is not a guarantee that your input will lead to an immediate change, or any change at all. We as moderators are trying to provide an environment that appeals to and is useful to the majority of users and not just the vocal minority.

    If there are any major changes that we plan to implement, we will likely trial those changes and ask for your feedback before implementing it permanently.

    Please pay attention to the /r/PokemonGo rules for commenting behavior and civility.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    To be fair, most everyone wants the goldfish

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 02:32 PM PST

    I saw a regular Gyarados in a blue gym and decided to put a shiny Gyarados in the red gym nearby. I was thinking to myself too bad there isn't a yellow Gyarados too and then it hit me.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/n31ov4c

    submitted by /u/Amalthea87
    [link] [comments]

    Been doing a run every day in Jan, while walking home on the final day, after crossing 100 miles for the month - what did I run into? This GoldenBoi!

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 03:13 AM PST

    Crap stats, but honestly who cares?

    'Karp number 850: https://imgur.com/a/sjrndht

    Real question now...is evolve or keep it gold??

    submitted by /u/Voyezlesprit
    [link] [comments]

    First wild Gyarados encounter! I think all my luck is used up now.

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 12:14 PM PST

    I live in a suburb of Atlanta and really don't have access to more than one gym and two additional stops without driving a decent amount. Today on a trip to the grocery store I decided to check what was around me and saw a wild Gyarados on the map. This was already a treat as I usually see the typical Magikarp, Caterpie or Seedot. When the red Gary popped up I almost dropped my phone, never have I been more excited for a shiny (tho I know these aren't as rare anymore).

    Here is shiny boi girl in all her splendor

    submitted by /u/Anheroed
    [link] [comments]

    New Mythical Pokemon Reveal on Pokemon Day

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 04:49 AM PST

    My first 100%!

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 05:23 AM PST

    It's been 3 years since the gym rework. Earning coins needs to be buffed or new ways to earn them must be added.

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 03:28 PM PST

    3 years and we are still capped to 50 coins a day. When the 50 coin limit was implemented there were no poffins. No special lures. No rocket radars. No "battle now" button. And raid passes were only for raids but are now drained by premium battles as well. The theoretical price to play the game has gone up dramatically. I say theoretical because yes, all of these things are optional purchases. That doesn't make the 50 coin limit any less gross. Lets be honest, when they dropped the daily limit from 100 to 50 we all thought it was deplorable, but we kept playing because you didn't need coins as much as you do today. Inflation by feature additions is real. Of course I know there's no way this is changing. They're making too much money off gouging us for coin money. It's just a damn shame.

    submitted by /u/MosDefJoseph
    [link] [comments]

    Unranked league battles

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 02:12 AM PST

    Niantic should add a system of free, un-ranked un-rewarded, Go-League battles.

    People would get to practice, test teams, and really enjoy the new global battle system. It would probably encourage new players into spending money on the premium track of ranked league battles, if they can get more confident with the battles. As well as provide something for players to do after the 15 battles you are allowed to do daily.

    submitted by /u/i_aint_trippin
    [link] [comments]

    New Unova Pokemon Name Etymology

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 02:32 AM PST

    I created an infographic for the new Unova Pokemon which shows their name origins:

    https://imgur.com/gallery/la4xsKy

    submitted by /u/Zayr0
    [link] [comments]

    Always check before you transfer

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 05:33 AM PST

    Almost transferred this little fella along with about 15 other magikarp... definitely glad I decided to double check it's stats https://ibb.co/GRN87gp

    submitted by /u/READY4SUMFOOBAW
    [link] [comments]

    Hatched this bad boy!

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 09:16 AM PST

    I just hatched this IV 100% Shiny Luvdisc and it was from 2km egg! Maybe not the highest CP but I'm still happy. Btw it's my first IV 100% Pokémon.

    https://imgur.com/a/JtjtgxJ

    submitted by /u/FilipCCz
    [link] [comments]

    Hatched a shiny Gible today!!

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 05:11 PM PST

    Shiny Gible

    Hatched this guy from a 10km egg today. I thought for sure it was gonna be another Feebas!

    submitted by /u/bethdefying
    [link] [comments]

    Wife caught a shiny gible

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 06:51 AM PST

    I've got 6 shiny Pokémon, including Lugia and zapdos and some other randoms, but I swear that woman has the best luck when it comes to shiny Pokémon. She's got 30. Count them 30 shiny Pokémon, last night her catching a shiny 3 star gible on our front porch!!!! Is shiny finding pretty much just random or is there a trick? I notice that she always seems to get them when the neighbors trigger some of the stops with lures near us and she drops lures that's in the radius of our house. I feel like the more lures going on, the better the chances. We live in a cluster of stops.

    submitted by /u/kylemishaps
    [link] [comments]

    Luckily I noticed the darker shade��

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 07:42 AM PST

    http://imgur.com/gallery/jvEwnoH

    I was in the car when this lil guy popped up, good thing I felt that weird colour and didn't instinctly run, cause going back wasn't an option😂😂

    submitted by /u/samdp4l
    [link] [comments]

    Me during the event

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 03:00 AM PST

    Me: I've been playing this game non-stop since the event started. Why can't I get any shiny magikarps??

    Also me: There's a gyarados right around the corner! Nah, it's 4 am, I'm getting my sleep tonight.

    submitted by /u/Eractum
    [link] [comments]

    Idea: Add a CP lock for our PVP mons

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 10:34 PM PST

    I have some great Pokémon that are teetering on the edge of 1500 and would love if they could add a lock so we can't power them up if we choose to lock their CP. Like transferring event Pokémon gives a ton of pop ups, but more needed.

    submitted by /u/Lizardbros
    [link] [comments]

    Avoiding Lapras today

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 05:04 AM PST

    Can I claim my 7th day of field research today without getting a Lapras? When is the reward determined? And please tell me Lapras will change in February. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Sssnap28
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else LOVING the new Battle feature Thread

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 06:46 PM PST

    Seeing too many posts about people complaining about this and that when the feature has just been released, and frankly it sounds really entitled. I love the new feature so far and want to take the time to show appreciation for it via this thread. So good job Niantic and keep it up!

    submitted by /u/jonyrabbit
    [link] [comments]

    ok so basically i'm very smol

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 10:26 AM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/qW2bEpI.png

    I just love when I find a gym with a few high CP pokemon in it, I always make sure to do something fun rather than the usual defenders. Joltik is my favorite ever since I got one

    submitted by /u/andthatwillbeit
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: Legendary ≠ good

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 08:13 AM PST

    With the new battle league in the game open to a wide range of players, I think it's important to remember that just because a Pokémon is legendary, doesn't mean it's good for PvP. I battled a guy who used a Entei/registeel/raikou battle party, and I took him down easy using just golduck and lucario. If you want some help figuring out which Pokémon are best for PvP, download the PokéGenie app. All you do is take a screenshot of the appraisal for your Pokémon and the app tells you it's IV, it's level, and is PvP IV's. Happy hunting!

    submitted by /u/XxX_Big_xXx_succ_XxX
    [link] [comments]

    Gym spawn

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 03:13 AM PST

    Gyms not spawning or spawning in different locations than they are supposed to be is really getting annoying. :(

    submitted by /u/jspeczacb
    [link] [comments]

    Best nicknames you have for your pokemon thread

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 05:49 AM PST

    I want to know what funny nicknames other people have came up with for their pokemon. I have a few good ones, like a Rhydon named "UNDERMINER", at least until I get an Excadrill.

    submitted by /u/VentralRaptor24
    [link] [comments]

    Unova Pokémon in Great League

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 07:25 AM PST

    Catching a Scraggy made me wonder if any Unova Pokémon could make it to the top of Great League. Scrafty specifically has Counter and Power-Up-Punch, which I heard are pretty good. However, since they were added recently, Gamepress and such haven't added any information about their performance in Great League. I'm new to the competitive scene in Pokémon Go, so if anyone has any idea about the newest additions (not only Scrafty), I'd really appreciate if you could share your knowledge

    submitted by /u/Kecleon17
    [link] [comments]

    Make 1 Star raids free

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 01:13 PM PST

    With the implementation of the battle league and the ability to use your premium raid passes to gain premium rewards in battle, I was thinking 1 Star raids shouldn't make you burn a raid pass from now on. Yes, obviously the first thought that comes to mind is Niantic is in this to make money so why would they do that? Besides the benefit of not having to burn a pass, if you're a parent who plays the game with your kid, it would be immensely beneficial to just be able to walk up to a 1 Star raid knowing you can both participate. It could possibly increase gameplay as well, I know many players that try to play free as much as possible, so they prioritize higher Star raids to not burn their daily pass. Niantic could reduce the rewards from a 1 Star as a trade off as well, maybe you start getting golden raspberries from 2 stars for the trade off. I don't know, just a thought I had.

    submitted by /u/HushGalactus
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment