• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 19, 2020

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - January 2020

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - January 2020


    Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - January 2020

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 05:07 AM PST

    Rules

    Instruction Manual


    Useful Links


    I'm sick of the memes here, I want the discussion posts!

    try http://nr.reddit.com/r/pokemongo for desktop users or this for mobile/app users.


    Niantic support : https://support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/hc/en-us

    /r/PokemonGO FAQ: /r/PokemonGo/wiki/FAQ


    There's this Pokéstop/Gym near me which seems inappropriate. Can I report it?

    Use this link. However, Niantic seems to be preoccupied with other things now, so don't expect too much.

    We have Niantic representatives on both here and /r/TheSilphRoad - please do not ping them for bugs which are in the known issues page unless you have found a niche yet gamebreaking issue/exploit.


    Where can I find other players in my area?

    Try our regional subreddits list! Also, see the related subreddits or TSR's community map!


    If you have any suggestions for FAQs to append to this thread or for meta questions, message the moderators or mention /u/PokemonGoMods!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I matched with my character today so thought of this !

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 05:59 PM PST

    My local area got some new stops so me and my Umbreon went out for some grinding. I realised I matched with my character so thought of taking this AR shot ! Can't wait to see how Niantic keeps on implementing more AR related content.

    https://imgur.com/a/9Cyb8DC

    submitted by /u/Nick_lastnamelol
    [link] [comments]

    Getting ganged up on

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 07:50 AM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/r8vFzmf.jpg

    My buddy and I were just minding our own business, having a good time, when out of nowhere these thugs wanted to start a fight.

    submitted by /u/EpicMemorableName
    [link] [comments]

    So I hatched this Lapras back in 2016...

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 05:03 AM PST

    When I came back to the game, I realized Lapras in 2016 was really rare, and guess what? Recently when I found out about IV's, I saw he had 100% IV! I also got Great Buddies with him recently, my favourite Pokemon so far :) Here is the pic! https://imgur.com/gallery/TCbyspK

    submitted by /u/lukzsha
    [link] [comments]

    Piplup just knows that today is its day.

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 05:54 AM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/HFxtHly.jpg

    ...Then it remembered it's actually three hours.

    ...Or are they 6, being two different time frames on two different hemispheres? Though in some places they will happen at the same time, and in others it will have lots of hours of difference... is it MORE than 24 hours, counting all the possible time frames in all the possible locations?

    Piplup is now confused. So is OC.

    submitted by /u/Nanoespectro
    [link] [comments]

    Too many 5-Star Raids?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 07:57 AM PST

    Is anyone else having the issue of encountering pretty much only 5-star raids? My gf and I have been playing Pokemon GO for a while in our area now and it seems it's only been 5-star raids wherever we go.

    The only 3-star and under raids I've seen have been for the holidays, but otherwise I'm always getting notifications for "More 5-star raids are appearing!!!" Like that's cool and all, but often times it's only me and my gf (or just me wanting to walk around) getting disappointed whenever we look out to see every gym in the area occupied by a monstrosity we wouldn't even have a chance of beating with just the two of us.

    Lately I've noticed some that are lower, but of course they're all either nowhere near us (seen while passing in a car or bus) or I'm at work and can't stop to play. Even then, it's not exactly common. There have been times when I've seen 4-5 Virizions on my screen at once. Pretty sure there's still a Heatran staring me down menacingly at the gym down my street.

    TL;DR, I wish there were much more lower level raids for me to join for fun. 5-stars have been way too common. Is anyone else seeing this/have this problem? Or am I just someone having low-level(28)/no friends issues?

    submitted by /u/Alchopollo
    [link] [comments]

    Caught a perfect IV shadow golbat the other day!

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 08:32 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/8jYG4Uk

    An extra spooky-looking golbat! This guy would grow up to be one heck of a crobat!

    submitted by /u/Snorlaxophone
    [link] [comments]

    Super succesful community Day!!

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 05:34 AM PST

    I am super content with this CD, i got five shinies, two 100% Pokémon (not piplup), and one zero % piplup! Super happy, because i couldnt really walk around today

    submitted by /u/djobie
    [link] [comments]

    Managed to synk 100mil xp and 100k catches today haha

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 07:56 AM PST

    Spent a few hours on My birthday doing this, totally worth it!

    100mil xp and 100k catches synk:

    http://imgur.com/a/PvPi4BT

    submitted by /u/HokTomten
    [link] [comments]

    My beautiful shiny Empoleon

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 05:58 AM PST

    Hope everyone has a great Community Day! Super excited about my SHINY Empoleon !

    Shiny Empoleon

    submitted by /u/juliar23
    [link] [comments]

    My Piplup CD experience

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 11:38 PM PST

    CD has ended here and here's my take on it.

    Total Piplup caught: 193

    Total shiny: 8

    Total 3*: 11

    Weather was bad unfortunately. It was raining the whole 3 hours but only the first 2 hours the in-game weather was registered as rainy while the last hour was cloudy. Good news is weather-boosted Piplup, bad news is it wasn't the nice kind of rain that you can play outside so I played in shopping malls.

    1/4 egg hatch distance is nice although most of my hatches are nothing interesting.

    In general, nice CD as always but wishing weather would cooperate.

    submitted by /u/panpantastic
    [link] [comments]

    My first Community Day

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 12:19 AM PST

    12 shiny Piplups! Went to the local botanic gardens where a lot of trainers in our area went. Did 3 heatran raids and caught all of them, and my brother caught a random shiny Squirtle while we were walking laps round the gardens

    An annoying thing I found was that I was running out of balls, and when I went to quick catch and exit, I would accidentally tap the purchase 20 pokeballs. Being a free to play player this kinda hurt, especially since I did it on accident twice! Nkantic please make a it so you have to hit "confirm" after a purchase on this screen.

    8.5km, sunny skies. Caught 281/342 Piplup today

    Came back to the game after getting a new phone in December from playing hardcore in 2016-2017. PvP for me made the game entirely worth coming back to.

    Shiny Piplups: https://imgur.com/a/XeVHmEg evolved the majority of them

    submitted by /u/AU55IEAri
    [link] [comments]

    Now that all 3 Gen IV starters have had their community day . Can we expect Gible to be next in line?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 04:47 AM PST

    Or could it be something like

    Shinx (sick shiny) , Riolu (sick shiny + niantic trying to push PvP) or Cranidos (sick shiny) .

    what's your thoughts . ?

    By the way , Piplup CD has been a blast . spawns seemed a lot better compared to previous CDs.

    We all had enough candies to evolve 2 to 3 Empoleons by the end of the day which is great I think as a rural player .

    submitted by /u/chaitu1204
    [link] [comments]

    The Pippingtons Are Ready!

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 07:39 AM PST

    As always.

    My goal for 2020 is to draw each baby Pokemon for Community Day all dressed up and ready to be transferred go!

    submitted by /u/sugandya
    [link] [comments]

    Joltik is so smol!

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 07:41 PM PST

    I came across my first Joltik while out at dinner and decided to mark the occasion with an AR photo to send to a friend. I clicked to spawn him, but didn't even see him at first? He's so tiny!

    submitted by /u/kyliepaige752
    [link] [comments]

    Please Niantic!

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 08:25 AM PST

    So I live in the States, so my community days run on the Northern Hemisphere time slot. Can we please go back to the layered time slots? This continuous 11am-2pm is killing me. I'm currently missing out on the event due to the fact that everyone I'm with wants to have lunch instead! It's absolutely stupid that you changed the afternoon times to the most inconvenient time for most people in the northern hemisphere.

    It wouldn't be hard to change back to the 1-4pm, 2-5pm or 3-6pm because you used to vary it depending on the time of year.

    I just want to be able to do the events and right now, I can't seem to do any of them.

    submitted by /u/ebair
    [link] [comments]

    Buddy candies not appearing

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 06:39 AM PST

    I've been walking with my buddy pokemon to get candy but then it stopped giving me candy. Do you know why this is happening?

    submitted by /u/Patrick-patrick-
    [link] [comments]

    Community Day Tips

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 07:36 AM PST

    Hey guys! Good luck today. I'm taking my sister on her first ever community day. I've done every one but this is the first time I'll have someone with me. Any tips for her or for the both of us?

    submitted by /u/Bruinsfan011
    [link] [comments]

    I can't be the only one here

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 09:46 PM PST

    We really need more hair options, Niantic has never addressed this to my knowledge and it has always bugged me, why only the singular hair options, everything else has such amazing options and yet the hair is just a couple colors.

    submitted by /u/-Raxius-
    [link] [comments]

    Ever level up a baby pokemon and not evolve it?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 01:31 AM PST

    I want to keep psyduck but I want him to be strong. Same with Bellsprout as they are two of my big favorites.

    submitted by /u/HighPreistessAlice
    [link] [comments]

    Should I invest on it?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 06:48 AM PST

    So I hatched this guy today and it has decent IVs, but Im not sure what to use it for (pvp or raids). Could you give me your opinion?

    https://imgur.com/gallery/VMH8lb0

    submitted by /u/Nicolcfc99
    [link] [comments]

    I found my first 100% IV pokemon is it worth leveling?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 08:39 AM PST

    So i found a 100% Sneezle at something like 500cp.
    I don't really like the pokemon in particular, but I don't really have any decent pokemon on my team.
    is it worth leveling?
    How rare are they?

    submitted by /u/OtakuOli
    [link] [comments]

    Which Magikarp should I evolve?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 01:05 AM PST

    I have finally got my 400 candies and need to evolve a magikarp for the "A Mythical Discovery" quest. I have a 0 star shiny magikarp and a 3 star (89%) magikarp. I don't know which to evolve?

    Tactically the 3 star would be better but who doesn't want to flex a shiny gyarados in gyms?

    submitted by /u/Magachomp
    [link] [comments]

    Community Day IV's

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 08:33 AM PST

    This was my seventh Community Day and I'm yet to get a 3* IV Pokemon with a good level/high CP during these events (All low - Mid CP, 82% -93%). Even the December one was a bust, with all of my 3* Pokemon coming via trades.

    I was just wondering what everyone's experiences have been so far and if high CP/3 star Pokemon are as rare across the board on these days as I'm finding. Sample rate - Catch wise, lowest so far in one day for me has been 120, highest, 230 ish.

    submitted by /u/MuelNado
    [link] [comments]

    Question about walking buddies for candy.

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 06:11 AM PST

    I recently started playing Pokémon go, and I live in a very rural area. I don't know of any gyms or poke stops near me, so I was wondering if you need to feed you buddy berries (I only have 10 left) and have it appear on the map to get candy from walking or can you just walk without them on the map?

    submitted by /u/Dovahkiin-99
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment