• Breaking News

    Thursday, February 13, 2020

    Pokémon GO - Participate in a research study looking into people’s experience of playing Pokémon GO / Wizards Unite

    Pokémon GO - Participate in a research study looking into people’s experience of playing Pokémon GO / Wizards Unite


    Participate in a research study looking into people’s experience of playing Pokémon GO / Wizards Unite

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 04:04 PM PST

    Hello! My name is Kathleen, and I'm a Research Fellow at the Australian Institute of Health Innovation's Centre for Health Informatics in Sydney, Australia.

    I'm currently conducting research into people's experiences playing Pokémon GO and/or Wizards Unite, including what players liked about these 2 games, what they didn't like about the games, were the players existing fans of the franchises, and so forth. The research goal is to find out how the design and messaging of these two games have tapped into behavioural psychology, and what lessons can be learnt from Pokémon GO and Wizards Unite to improve games and software designed for health.

    If you'd like to help me with this study, I'm looking for participants over 18 years of age and have played (or are currently playing) Pokémon GO and/or Wizards Unite to complete an online survey (15-20 minutes on average). If you do not reach the end of the survey in one go, the data will be temporarily stored for 7 days for you to complete.

    I'm looking for players who have either played only Pokémon GO, only Wizards Unite, or have played both. Basically, as long as you've played one of the two games, you're welcome.

    Also, if you've quit either of the games, the survey would also like to hear what made you leave!

    The survey is available at https://mqedu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_aWAfL9g3LzYPPsV . There are further details about the survey and the research project on the first page, and you can download a PDF Information Sheet as well.

    This project has been approved by the Macquarie University Human Ethics Committee (Reference number: 52019601512435. Project ID: 6015).

    Thank you very much for your consideration of this request! Should you have any questions, please contact me via my email (present in the first page of the link). Please feel free to share this post with other players who might be interested in participating in the research!

    PS. This survey has been posted in other PoGO / WU related subreddits as well. If you have seen this survey elsewhere, it's the same thing and there's no need to do it twice.

    submitted by /u/Bryn012
    [link] [comments]

    Most awesome best buddy ever

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 12:04 AM PST

    http://imgur.com/gallery/IfWZQ0R

    CP increased from 399 to 404.

    Badassometer shows over 9000.

    It was a hard journey and he was often times afraid of joining tornadus or heatran raids, but boy oh boy, we made it!

    submitted by /u/emosGambler
    [link] [comments]

    My first Rocket leader and it’s a shiny Pinsir!

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 10:57 PM PST

    Started playing again a few days back and finally found my first Team Go Rocket leader. After beating him the catch sequence started and this shiny 'mon appeared!

    Love how well the Shadow look goes with the purple shiny :)

    submitted by /u/reiku_85
    [link] [comments]

    Well, there goes all of my luck for the rest of the year

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 04:37 AM PST

    I managed to hatch the last couple 7k eggs I had from the Sinnoh event, and this little guy hatched from one of them! Safe to say I'm in disbelief.

    submitted by /u/Distinguished_Bagel
    [link] [comments]

    Candy should be displayed in Pokédex entries.

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 02:49 AM PST

    It's impossible to keep tabs on the exact nunber of vandies you have for each and every Pokémon. Knowing the amount needed for Pokémon you want to evolve but don't currently have (perhaps because you've only gotten that certain species at crap IV) could be helpful. And the Pokédex would be a good place for seeing those numbers.

    submitted by /u/Sonsofbirches
    [link] [comments]

    Kecleon changing color until it is released (Day 19)

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 06:42 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/AckYQhp

    "Your power level is puny, only 5. Scum." Here is to the most underrated Saiyan of them all

    submitted by /u/KnowsItBetter69
    [link] [comments]

    Spain is going to regulate Loot Boxes in videogames.

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 02:39 AM PST

    As there is the discussion about Pokémon GO eggs being "loot boxes", and with events being more and more eggs focused, I think it is a good thing that another country regulates Loot Boxes. Spain was one of the european countries that wanted an European Union regulation about this, so it was only a matter of time for creating a country regulation.

    Link:

    https://www.playerzdominiance.com/after-regulating-the-bets-alberto-garzon-will-go-for-the-loot-boxes-of-the-video-games/

    submitted by /u/OrigamiArturo
    [link] [comments]

    Second 10K after Sinnoh event! ��

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 03:31 PM PST

    Somehow I am very unmotivated in grinding while events by now, since I almost ever get the best stuff afterwards xD https://imgur.com/gallery/wSpExts

    submitted by /u/f0_1
    [link] [comments]

    Our daily free pass in Battle League.

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 01:10 AM PST

    I think we should be able to spend our daily pass once a day in the Premium Battle League. Even the our free daily pass should be considered as a Premium Pass. What do you think about that? You would like to spend your free pass in the Battle league for premium rewards?

    submitted by /u/ilikethisnow
    [link] [comments]

    Hundo Gabite

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 04:26 AM PST

    RNG at its best - nothing of value from the Sinnoh event with a lot of eggs popped and this things shows up in the wild. I will take it any day!!!

    Should I add a second move?

    /r/bragging

    https://i.imgur.com/ngVK8Sa.jpg

    submitted by /u/Best-Republic
    [link] [comments]

    A true beauty! I have always loved Gardevoir.

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 07:42 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/gallery/fKzMtfc I have had this gal for awhile but have just recently checked her stats. I was completely blown away to see this so I had to share!

    I've taken up her CP from the low 2500's to where she is now! Probably the Pokémon I'm most proud of.

    submitted by /u/rogueleader197
    [link] [comments]

    Happy about my streak!!

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 06:38 AM PST

    Idk how everyone else is doing by I just got my 20th win in a row and I'm feeling pretty good after struggling a bit. https://imgur.com/gallery/Os180wd

    submitted by /u/mattrimcauthon
    [link] [comments]

    Mono bug PVP team

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 07:34 AM PST

    So I've been using bugs only since the release of Pokémon Go and I had already prepared a PVP team for ultra league. I'm having a lot of fun with it! 35/70 wins as of now but I don't expect to win too often due to my limitations.

    Team: 1. Forretress Walls giratina quite well and has a good defensive typing. -Bug bite -Heavy slam -Sand tomb (lowers defense, hits fire types super effectively)

    1. Crustle Deals with fire types -Smack down -X-scissor -Rock blast

    2. Masquerain Heavily resistant to fighting and hits giratina super effectively. Both charge moves have a chance to boost defense and attack. -Air slash --ominous wind -Silver wind

    Very curious for your suggestions/feedback!

    submitted by /u/WildyWilly
    [link] [comments]

    My Pokemon egg hatched by the thief that stole my phone

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 07:51 AM PST

    Some one swiped my phone at an icecream shop and then I went to police station to launch an fir for lost property. After an hour or so my wife called my number, he picked it up and returned the phone to my office. He works across the street. The whole thing was caught on camera. He walked a lot with my phone because he hatched a 2 km egg that I put after I finished my run😆.

    submitted by /u/zytzef
    [link] [comments]

    Everyone gave up, but I didn't...

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 07:40 AM PST

    A lot of people in my town were dissappointed in the Sinnoh event, mainly because Riolu was a rare shiny hatch now. My town has around 300 players and none of them managed to get shiny Riolu, or even a shiny Gible. A lot of them already quitted half-way...

    Apart from me!

    I'm so happy I managed to hatch them back to back with my two last eggs I received from the Sinnoh Event!

    submitted by /u/RazorCatGaming
    [link] [comments]

    Oh? You're approaching me?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 10:45 AM PST

    Instead of studying, I had to make a quick edit of this screenshot. I couldn't help myself.

    submitted by /u/G1ZM0_
    [link] [comments]

    Every time, I swear

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 03:44 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/gallery/kxyo1pj

    Every time I go to open a gift or spin a pokestop, the game always gotta pull this one on me. RIP all my potions and nanab berries that get dumpstered.

    submitted by /u/cheesepuff57
    [link] [comments]

    Seven charged tm’s and I don’t get the one move I want

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 03:25 AM PST

    MewTwo has a bunch of shit charge moves I'm not interested in and only one good one that I am, psychic. I went through seven tm's to end up with fucking thunderbolt. Whoever thought gambling was a good way to get a different move is a goddamn idiot.

    submitted by /u/MasonH1966
    [link] [comments]

    A question about the upcoming Safari event in Liverpool

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 07:09 AM PST

    I know that the event lasts from Friday 17th April to Sunday 19th April. And recently they announced the City explorers pass which when bought alongside the tickets allows bonuses throughout the weekend.

    When buying the early access tickets you get 2 more hours of gameplay experience. My question is when buying the ticket whether general admission or early access, are the tickets available for only 1 of the days of the weekend or for entire weekend?

    Reading the info isnt clear to me so any help is much appreciated. Thanks

    submitted by /u/mdfd2567
    [link] [comments]

    shiny shadow Pinsir flexing on me

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 04:47 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/wPz9IqA

    I was super stoked to get this guy after fighting Cliff today. It looks like he is letting out a mighty bug roar in AR mode!

    submitted by /u/savethesloths
    [link] [comments]

    Rating

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 02:53 AM PST

    Is it normal that with winning 4 out of 5 I only get 11 rating plus? Is it supposed to be such a huge grind even from rank7?

    submitted by /u/Lohalal
    [link] [comments]

    I'm not getting any 10 km eggs from pokestops

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 06:15 AM PST

    Any reason why?

    ( For 100 word limit) you are not the intended recipient you are you doing today my love to see you at the mall b4 school of medicine and he is a little bit of a social worker and I will be in the sun is shining and he is a little bit of a you tube video call tonight and I will be in the sun is shining and he is a little bit of a social worker and I will be in the sun is shining and he is a little bit of a social worker.

    submitted by /u/ryanleeck
    [link] [comments]

    Adventure Sync not working on iPhone

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 08:26 AM PST

    Hey guys, not sure if this is the right place to post so feel free to direct me elsewhere...

    My Adventure sync doesn't seem to be logging my distance correctly on iPhone? I put a few eggs in incubators about 2 days ago, and they still havent hatched. According to Apple Health (which is definitely linked to PoGo, I checked 3 times...) says I walked 10km today and 3km yesterday...?

    https://imgur.com/a/PbOojaS

    Any advice without reinstalling? Not sure if i remember my password...

    Cheers 👍🏻

    submitted by /u/EmulateDJ
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment