• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 2, 2020

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - February 2020

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - February 2020


    Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - February 2020

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 05:07 AM PST

    Rules

    Instruction Manual


    Useful Links


    I'm sick of the memes here, I want the discussion posts!

    try http://nr.reddit.com/r/pokemongo for desktop users or this for mobile/app users.


    Niantic support : https://support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/hc/en-us

    /r/PokemonGO FAQ: /r/PokemonGo/wiki/FAQ


    There's this Pokéstop/Gym near me which seems inappropriate. Can I report it?

    Use this link. However, Niantic seems to be preoccupied with other things now, so don't expect too much.

    We have Niantic representatives on both here and /r/TheSilphRoad - please do not ping them for bugs which are in the known issues page unless you have found a niche yet gamebreaking issue/exploit.


    Where can I find other players in my area?

    Try our regional subreddits list! Also, see the related subreddits or TSR's community map!


    If you have any suggestions for FAQs to append to this thread or for meta questions, message the moderators or mention /u/PokemonGoMods!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    A pre-censored relic!

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 11:13 AM PST

    http://imgur.com/gallery/kEgktde I named it this back in the day when we could name our pokemon anything and that one youtube video interview became popular.

    submitted by /u/TheLebeast
    [link] [comments]

    Never caught this pokemon before but a shadow shiny pokedex entry

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 07:33 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/Zn8SN6j

    I fought with Sierra the first time today after her first pokemon changed to Absol. I had never caught an absol before but was superiorly happy getting a shiny on my first ever absol encounter. Trash IVs but my shiny pokedex isn't complaining. LET'S GOOOOO.

    submitted by /u/Dramatic-Driver
    [link] [comments]

    Hatched a shiny Gible from a 10km egg the other day. Any recommendations on how to catch more so that I can fully evolve it?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 10:34 AM PST

    Here is the screenshot in case anyone wants to look at the little bugger: https://imgur.com/a/9sZyOrc.

    I have never seen one in the wild and I saw some people online talking about finding a nest but that seems to not exist in my area. Any tips are welcomed!

    submitted by /u/cultcab
    [link] [comments]

    Kecleon changing color until it is released (Day 8) (In honor of u/KnowsItBetter69!)

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 08:59 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/2Or6F4e

    In honor of u/KnowsItBetter69, for going on a temporary hiatus due to unforeseen issues, I'm gonna help to post a daily Kec! The community should join forces to bring the Kec color army together!

    submitted by /u/AlphaDoodleDerg
    [link] [comments]

    what is your rarest pokemon?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 12:34 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/6hhiftv

    this should be mine... :D, befor cp rework it even had 111cp :D

    submitted by /u/Ishoxo
    [link] [comments]

    Please Niantic. If you’re going to use the term “vote”, fucking mean it.

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 11:57 AM PST

    Needless to say, I'm a little pissed off.

    This was my first voting for an upcoming community day, so maybe this is the same process as all before this one, but then that also means this has probably aggravated others. I just took 4 hours out of my day to grind votes for Dratini, one of my favorite Pokémon families, yet wasn't even able to "vote" for it the majority of my time. I had one wall of time where I got a few in a row, but I also had a good 2.5-3 hours of my 4 hours I gave to this day overall where I didn't see a fucking dratini vote come my way. That's annoying as shit.

    If you want to use the argument of it being a rare Pokémon and deserves to be harder to find, fine. But then don't tease me with the term "vote" when the voting opportunities aren't equal.

    If you want to use the argument that dratini has been a community day pokemon already, once again, fine. But the previous point applies about the usage of "vote". And even if not that, then give a fair opportunity to another Pokémon that hasn't had the spotlight yet.

    I wouldn't care if voting was a one-vote system: you vote once for who you want and that's it. I actually really like the idea of making a day of this to cast as many votes as I wanted, if I could have actually voted for who I wanted.

    All I'm saying is, either word your announcements better to represent the bias that's gonna be shown, or use a fair system.

    submitted by /u/your_local_yeti
    [link] [comments]

    That's my luck used up for the month

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 08:36 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/ygceAaz

    This was the first shiny I got in the event and I just about yelled. All up I got 3 shiny Minccino and a shiny Klink.

    Great event!

    submitted by /u/MaximumCaucasity
    [link] [comments]

    Legendary raid catch rates need a damn buff.

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 04:34 AM PST

    I don't like how I can get the maximum number of balls possible, get an excellent curve throw on every one of them with all the possible buffs (berry, achievements etc) and still lose the legendary, especially if I paid for the raid pass. I don't really have any ideas, I just don't like how it is right now. I'd even be happy if they gave premium raid passes a buff for catch rates.

    submitted by /u/MasonH1966
    [link] [comments]

    He's gonna be jacked when he grows up

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 01:07 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/Q50pGzL Haven't played the game in months, decided to play today on a whim. Second Timburr raid/third and final raid of the day and this happens, I'm shook

    submitted by /u/claytrainagain
    [link] [comments]

    Couldn't be luckier.

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 05:31 PM PST

    Brought my first child home today. While waiting at the hospital for the good to go, I found my first Gyrados in the wild. It ended up being shiny 3 star. Didn't think I could of been any luckier today.

    submitted by /u/HydraBob
    [link] [comments]

    Please Niantic! Let us collect coins after 24 hours!!

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 02:56 PM PST

    I've been holding a gym for a week now, and I'm not an avid player, so I only hold one or two gyms a week. But it's annoying that after a holding a gym for this long, when someone finally has mercy and knocks my Dragonite out, I'll still only get 50 coins out of it :(

    submitted by /u/TheSecretNewbie
    [link] [comments]

    Disappearing reappearing gyms?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 05:05 AM PST

    Has anyone else been having an issue with gyms either being in the wrong location or not there at all?

    Yesterday I took my car to the mechanic, which happens to have a gym. When I pulled in the gym was no longer there. I decided to rest the app. After doing so the gym was back. Later on in the evening, my daughter and I went to get something for dinner. As we drove past (she was playing at this point) the gym was gone again.

    On Friday there was a raid I saw that I was able to do by myself, which was at a post office. Apon arriving at the post office I realize that the gym is now in the middle of a 4 lane highway with no access to it.

    After finally getting the win 5 raids task so I can get Aerodactyl, this is happening. Niantic, please get your shit together. This is getting really annoying.

    submitted by /u/tipsy00
    [link] [comments]

    PVP question

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 04:33 AM PST

    Hello, I have this Nidorino that I'd like to build for PVP and used PokeGenie to calculate his PVP IV, for super League he's placed higher but his product stat is lower than in Hyper League, what would be the most optimal thing to do ? https://imgur.com/a/4LtHgWp

    submitted by /u/Jesuisunparpaing
    [link] [comments]

    Use Lucky Egg on Research?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 04:11 AM PST

    Hey, I just finished the Research to get started quests and I didn't collect the 200k Exp yet. Should I use a lucky egg or do they not apply to the quest exp?

    submitted by /u/nakedchildren88
    [link] [comments]

    I've done it, I've caught the most useless Pokemon in existence.

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 05:04 PM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/4B6U06n.png

    First 0% after spending so long hoping for a shiny I catch this thing. Go me?

    submitted by /u/Rheasus
    [link] [comments]

    I would pay coins to drop the CP of some of my Pokémon.

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 05:05 AM PST

    It was annoying already when you would evolve a Pokémon and it would turn out at 1513CP but now that they can't be used in the battle league is some real bad feels.

    I'd pay coins to drop them back to 1500 so they would be useful.

    submitted by /u/The-White-Dot
    [link] [comments]

    Prepare for trouble... And make it double!

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 12:08 PM PST

    Funny coincidence in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. Have you ever had multiple Team Rocket leaders this close together? https://imgur.com/gallery/0VRFutW

    submitted by /u/davyvde
    [link] [comments]

    Wild caught shiny Magikarp

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 08:30 AM PST

    I wild caught a 0* shiny Magikarp. Husband wild caught a 0* shiny gyrados. We traded, mine is now a 93%! Doesn't get much better than that!

    submitted by /u/NYBM
    [link] [comments]

    An Idea for a More Accessible Community Day

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 08:46 PM PST

    Community Day has always bugged me, not for the "it's called Community Day, not Community 3 hours" reason though. Just that anyone who might have to go into work or have prior commitments may not be able to participate in an event intended for the entire community.

    My idea would be to have a special "CD Incense" that you can collect from your first Pokestop spin of the day. It then spawns the CD Pokemon for the month for 3 hours from when you used it, and the item disappears from your bag at the end of the day, whether you have used it or not. It would also activate the CD bonus for that month (1/4 egg distance, bonus stardust, etc).

    This would allow anyone that might not have as flexible of a schedule to still participate, and get their friends together to still do it together, just not at a fixed time.

    The issue I have thought of with this idea so far though is that currently, the CD Pokemon is in eggs and raids for the 3 hours, as well as 3 hour lures, but that could either be changed to the entire day (not like anyone goes out to do a ton of raids just for the CD Pokemon, at least not here) or is hunting them specifically in eggs. But really, if they do, more power to them, that is a lot of walking. Anyways, the other solution is to leave the raids and eggs as a fixed 3 hour window. If you have spawns wherever you are because they are from an incense, it is already an improvement, even if you lose out on the raids and eggs.

    Anyways, just my two cents. If you have any ideas, feel free to post them below. Maybe with a group effort we can get a precise idea on a better system for CD that Niantic could implement (as doubtful as that is).

    submitted by /u/Selim_042
    [link] [comments]

    Are these good for PVP Ultra league?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 03:49 AM PST

    http://imgur.com/gallery/YolSAA9

    They're all above 90% PVP IVs

    Which 3 would you use and are they any good?

    If they were all powered up to as close as 2500cp as possible.

    submitted by /u/Canny13
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment