• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 9, 2020

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - February 2020

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - February 2020


    Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - February 2020

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 05:07 AM PST

    Rules

    Instruction Manual


    Useful Links


    I'm sick of the memes here, I want the discussion posts!

    try http://nr.reddit.com/r/pokemongo for desktop users or this for mobile/app users.


    Niantic support : https://support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/hc/en-us

    /r/PokemonGO FAQ: /r/PokemonGo/wiki/FAQ


    There's this Pokéstop/Gym near me which seems inappropriate. Can I report it?

    Use this link. However, Niantic seems to be preoccupied with other things now, so don't expect too much.

    We have Niantic representatives on both here and /r/TheSilphRoad - please do not ping them for bugs which are in the known issues page unless you have found a niche yet gamebreaking issue/exploit.


    Where can I find other players in my area?

    Try our regional subreddits list! Also, see the related subreddits or TSR's community map!


    If you have any suggestions for FAQs to append to this thread or for meta questions, message the moderators or mention /u/PokemonGoMods!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I've found a buddy that perfectly represents me

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 04:29 AM PST

    I was just gonna check my surroundings when I spotted my buddy like this, I feel you little guy. Plus he keeps naruto running across my screen, he makes my day better.

    http://imgur.com/gallery/OP3fal2

    submitted by /u/OrdinaryRabbit_
    [link] [comments]

    In Honor of my Grandfather

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 03:01 PM PST

    Today was my grandfather's memorial service. Before the service started, I noticed that the church for the service is a gym. I quickly defeated the gym, and placed a fire Pokémon in honor of my grandfather who was a fire fighter for 30 years.

    https://i.imgur.com/zvcpCM5.jpg

    Rest in peace, Papa.

    submitted by /u/edmplatypus
    [link] [comments]

    One of my favorite pokemon made with watercolor pencils. Milotic, really love this pokemon. Hope you guys and gals enjoy.

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 05:09 AM PST

    Milotic fanart. One of my favorite pokemon made with watercolor pencils. Hope you guys and gals enjoy. One of my favorite pokemon. Really love it's look. https://imgur.com/gallery/DPt9kz8

    submitted by /u/Eerbert
    [link] [comments]

    I finally got it!!!

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 06:28 AM PST

    Not the best IVs, but I FINALLY got a female Combee. Thank you Sinnoh Fest. https://imgur.com/gallery/xXWhfrq

    submitted by /u/lucas_vaneska
    [link] [comments]

    Kecleon changing color while impersonating anime characters until it is released (Day 15)

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 05:50 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/jBnybit

    Oh my, is it getting hot in here or is it just me?

    submitted by /u/KnowsItBetter69
    [link] [comments]

    OMG!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPEND!!

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 03:19 PM PST

    I'm so extremely happy!!! My all time favorite!! And my first SHUNDO EVER!!! THIS IS INSANE!! I'M SO EXTREMELY HAPPY!!

    https://m.imgur.com/gallery/rWJKF3C

    submitted by /u/GaRudra
    [link] [comments]

    Eggs as lootboxes: Should Niantic disclose odds?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 08:01 PM PST

    Over the past year or two events in Pokemon Go have been more and more focused on eggs, and it's easy to see why: In order to get a specific pokemon that you want, you'll likely have to hatch quite a number of eggs, and the fastest way to do that is to buy incubators and hope that you'll eventually get that elusive Unown or shiny Gible or Riolu from an egg. Niantic likely makes a lot off these events, which is why they keep running them.

    Niantic has never told us exactly which pokemon hatch from eggs and at what rates, which is arguably in violation of Google Play Store and Apple App Store developer guidelines:

    Google:

    Apps offering mechanisms to receive randomized virtual items from a purchase (i.e. "loot boxes") must clearly disclose the odds of receiving those items in advance of purchase.

    Apple:

    Apps offering "loot boxes" or other mechanisms that provide randomized virtual items for purchase must disclose the odds of receiving each type of item to customers prior to purchase.

    Buying an incubator to hatch an egg is, in effect, a "randomized virtual item from a purchase" and likely falls under these policies.

    There are a few existing mechanics in the game that are actually similar to what could be implemented for eggs: For example, the rewards for Go Battle League clearly state which pokemon are available to catch at your rank. Additionally, "prior to purchase" is not necessarily the best time to disclose the odds for incubators, since the pokemon is determined when you get the egg and not when you buy or use an incubator.

    What could Niantic do to comply with these guidelines? Do they even apply? When, if at all, should Niantic tell us what the odds for random events are? If they tell us rates for eggs, should they disclose shiny rates? Spawn rates?

    submitted by /u/Marsroverr
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you Storm Ciara.

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 05:12 AM PST

    Right now, England is facing Storm Ciara and up in the North it is just horrific wind and so much rain that it isn't worth going outside. It's a rainy day today so i'm basically just on my phone all day. I open Pokémon Go and see an unfamiliar shadow on the radar. I google the shadow and my heart drops. It's a gible. I have never gotten a gible from an egg and never seen one in the wild. I am heartbroken. I can't go outside unless I want a jet stream shower from good ol' mother nature. I truly have been screwed over by Ciara and the odds of gible spawn in my area.

    Well played Niantic, well played indeed.

    Gible on the radar

    submitted by /u/TheJoysOfBeingMegan
    [link] [comments]

    Finally 40 lvl!

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 12:15 PM PST

    http://imgur.com/gallery/YlCJqwH

    I've been playing since 2016 (with small breaks) I always dreamed of reaching the maximum level and today I finally did it!! Im so happy

    submitted by /u/IYarvenI
    [link] [comments]

    Adventures with Togekiss

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 07:07 AM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/YQouLi6.jpg

    I don't usually go out specifically to play pogo but for the Mincinno event, I decided to. So I went for a walk around my neighbourhood and a park by myself and halfway through, I remembered the newly launched buddy feature. So while I was out, I walked with Togekiss and I realised that it didn't feel as lonely, and I felt like I was actually on an adventure with it.

    It was super wholesome and I took several nice pictures of Togekiss being a beautiful boi. Also since many bad things have and are happening in the world, I hoped that Togekiss, as a bringer of blessings, will bring good things to all (esp since sword dex says they are now rare bois!!)

    submitted by /u/bleachfann
    [link] [comments]

    God, I'm an idiot.

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 06:03 AM PST

    • Be me, a casual pogo player

    • Have a Magnezone with Charge Beam and Zap Cannon

    • Hear about how good Lock-on is.

    • Want lock on for my Magnezone.

    • One Fast TM: charge beam to Spark

    • Second FTN: Spark to Charge Beam

    • Gosh, I'm unlucky.

    • Third FTM, Charge Beam to Spark.

    • DANGIT!

    • Fourth FTM, Spark to Charge Beam

    • internalrage.mp4

    • Suspect personal stupidity

    • Google it.

    • Magnezone doesn't get Lock-on, it's just CB and Spark

    • epiconepalmmanfacepalm.jpeg

    • Fast TMs: -4, stupidity: infinite

    submitted by /u/Kari-kateora
    [link] [comments]

    Me after the Sinnoh Event

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 07:04 PM PST

    Here's a picture of me in the future after the event ends. But at least I have my bronzor. Right? Right!?

    A quick little meme I threw together.

    submitted by /u/Trevor-On-Reddit
    [link] [comments]

    Found him on my radar yesterday

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 02:10 PM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/4DbilSu.png Was near my school and saw a gible nearby. I ran to the poke stop exited to find one. I was amazed when sparkles spread across my phone.

    submitted by /u/droplobster
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for playing as a valor in a mystic dominated town?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 04:33 AM PST

    Hey, In my town roughly 80% of the people is team mystic, 18% valor and 2% instinct. The town is literally dominated by mystic families and mystic people with multiple taking over all the gyms in the town. Which results in my having really a hard time getting gold badges and coins. They make evey gym blue and put blisseys, snorlax and melmetal in the gyms. It is quite annoying everytime because me and some others struggle getting coins from them. It takes long to take over the gyms and we get kicked out by them within an hour. They come by cars, kick us out and put 6 new pokemon in the gym. Does annyone have any tips on surviving as a non mystic under this circumstances? I am a gold badge collector and i have such a hard time compared to mystic people. And no, i will never join mystic. It is such a egocentric team. Does anyone have an idea to improve my gameplay and quality?

    submitted by /u/Melvin28299
    [link] [comments]

    Reason why I haven’t received coin from a gym.

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 07:04 AM PST

    Is there a delay period before Pokecoin is awarded? I had my mon in a gym overnight, this morning I saw the gym has been taken (it was within an hour of checking it last). The mon was back in my possession KO'd but I have no journal entry or coin added. I did get a prompt saying it was knocked out. How long does it take for Pokecoin to post to the total? Is this normal? I also had no other mons in gyms over the last 48 hours so I had not reached a daily limit.

    submitted by /u/CompositeWhoHorrible
    [link] [comments]

    Kinda had an epic day

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 09:25 PM PST

    Today was sorta amazing. I got my first Tornadus, witch ended up being 1911 cp, (a hundo) did my first lucky trade witch consisted of me giving my friend a 612 cp gible and he gave me a 1008 cranidos, witch was 96%, got a lucky azumarill, and caught a wild gabite.

    submitted by /u/JoesterTheToaster123
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone lost weight playing pokemon go?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 07:55 AM PST

    If you have lost weight may you please share your story? When did you start? How much have you lost? How long do you play for a day? At this point in your weightloss journey do you still see pokemon go as a game or an exercise?

    submitted by /u/comicmac305
    [link] [comments]

    In honor of two very brave and very foolish trainers who stood up to Rayquaza back in September.

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 05:51 PM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/oCiPUsL.jpg

    The two of them had read how Rayquaza could now be Duoed since the release of the Sinnoh evolutions, and since no one else came to the raid, they decided to throw caution to the wind and try it.

    They would learn that the fact that a Pokémon CAN be duoed or soloed doesn't necessarily mean they could do it...

    submitted by /u/Nanoespectro
    [link] [comments]

    About battle rating

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 07:06 AM PST

    Can anyone help me to understand why my friend's battle rating is higher than mine? I can't post pictures so I'll describe. He have: 70 battles 39 wins 5 win streak Battle rating: 2619

    And I have: 71 battles 59 wins 21 win streak Battle rating: 2140

    How???

    submitted by /u/lipefsa
    [link] [comments]

    Go Battle League being hacked?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 09:57 PM PST

    Are there people hacking this game?

    A couple of times I thought I was mistaken counting more than 2 blocks, but I just played a game where my opponent blocked my charged attacks 4 times. I counted them off and I'm 100% sure of it this time.

    submitted by /u/Rosscoe78
    [link] [comments]

    Why is stardust for 7km eggs so low?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 08:03 AM PST

    I just hatched a bunch of 7km eggs with a star piece active. Even with that I got dust as low as 800. The highest was 1600. Why is it so low?

    submitted by /u/WorldPancakes
    [link] [comments]

    The one heartbreaker from this Sinnoh Event

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 07:42 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/HB7qi0n

    Someday I'll meet my queen but sadly looks like we've got some more 7k eggs to hatch! What's everyone else's best male combee streak?

    submitted by /u/Arkillianmats
    [link] [comments]

    These 7k eggs...

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 06:03 PM PST

    Are absolutely awful the rates are complete garbage. I've hatched over 40 eggs and gotten two gibles and two riolus... that's it. Not worth the grind for me anymore.

    submitted by /u/VH3ToTheBucs
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment