• Breaking News

    Friday, March 6, 2020

    Pokémon GO - One of these things is not like the others...

    Pokémon GO - One of these things is not like the others...


    One of these things is not like the others...

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 05:49 PM PST

    (https://imgur.com/gallery/1BgvZV4)

    Tried to start a themed gym, came back, saw this glorious beaver

    So much for a themed gym

    submitted by /u/itsmeggo
    [link] [comments]

    Shoutout to all the Airplane glitchers who destroyed GBL after a few days

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 02:50 AM PST

    I distinctly remember how surprised I was about the fluidity of GBL when it first launched. Then enter Airplane Glitchers, the "fix"... and everything has gone downhill from there. I cannot recount the amount of battles I've lost due to the infuriating "weak connection" bug since I mostly use DB mons.

    I hate that it's human nature to absolutely exploit anything that can be exploited and to destroy the enjoyment of others if someone can get anything in return. I've seen it in every online game, including WoW and many other MMORPGs.

    Why are people like this? I get that Niantic should step up and fix it, but why are there always people who love to reduce the enjoyment of other people as much as possible? Makes me sad.

    submitted by /u/DantehSparda
    [link] [comments]

    Hatched from a 5km egg

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 08:32 AM PST

    I've been looking for one of these guys ever since they released it's shiny variant (I prefer the blue colouring to the red), and less than a week after getting a shiny squirtle, I got a shiny Zangoose!!

    https://imgur.com/gallery/OtWR1Ay

    submitted by /u/deathbyjellyfish
    [link] [comments]

    "Pika!"

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 03:31 AM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/eXMns8D.jpg

    I was going to say that Niantic will not stop until these stairs are full of Pikachu with accesories, but let's be honest:

    THEY'LL NEVER STOP...

    submitted by /u/Nanoespectro
    [link] [comments]

    World's First 100% Perfect Level 41 Shadow Swampert?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 10:19 AM PST

    When I first caught it from a Rocket Stop, I thought it was going to be a pointless 100% Pokemon. When the dataminers revealed that a buff was coming to shadow Pokemon, I knew I had to get him to level 41 and max him out. I waited to max until we were best buddies, which came in handy since they recently significantly dropped the stardust cost for powering shadow Pokemon. I believe this could be the world's first 100% level 41 Shadow Swampert.

    Here's the photos: http://imgur.com/gallery/1ucfOSu

    Side note: I plan on using the Elite TM to give him Hydro Cannon (once the TM is available).

    submitted by /u/ATG15ATG13
    [link] [comments]

    Pokémon Go Questionnaire (10 mins) - Research from University of York (UK)!

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 12:11 AM PST

    Hi all! I'm an undergraduate at the University of York (UK) doing a study on Pokémon Go.
    The study involves an online questionnaire: https://york.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9NY8TgLA5RDtJFr

    The questionnaire asks about playing habits and behaviours around Pokémon Go. It takes around 10 minutes to answer, and you'll win my eternal gratitude. 🥰
    If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

    I'm hoping to post results after the survey is closed and the data has been analysed. 😊

    Thank you all in advance!

    Thank you also to the mods for permission to post.

    submitted by /u/PokemonGoResearcher
    [link] [comments]

    Completed my first Pokédex of any Pokémon game!

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 07:54 AM PST

    It may not be the same as completing a Pokédex in another game, but I still feel accomplished! the last 'mon I needed was Mewtwo who I captured in a 5-star raid!

    https://imgur.com/a/XhMeaB1

    submitted by /u/hot_stuff_rob
    [link] [comments]

    First encounter!

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 06:06 AM PST

    It doesnt have the greatest ivs but im happy to add another shiny to the arsenal! also really glad that they are adding more incentives into the go leagues. definitely a cool addition to the game. happy brawling friends!

    !!

    submitted by /u/HonieObly
    [link] [comments]

    [PVP] [Suggestion] Automated Fast attacks to reduce the impact of inevitable network latency.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 04:43 AM PST

    Consider Gyms battles. The entity you fight is a simplistic state machine that repeats it's only available commad until it can use a secondary command. And then it does. Over and over until death.

    Suppose we did away with fast attacks being based on player input. Instead, on a fixed time scale, both mons are released, and start punching each other in the face as fast as a human can make them.

    The only inputs you would be allowed to perform are:

    • Charged Attack choice
    • Shielding or Not
    • Switching out

    Theoretically, this would mean if you experience any kind of packet loss mid-fight, your mon would have still been punching the enemy in the face without your input. You would not have lost those precious points of damage, reducing the impact of any unfortunate network hiccups.

    It'd be a hell of a rework, since this demands that there is a central server that manages the battle, instead of what seems to be two phones fighting over whose version of the game state is legit. There would be unfair advantage to those whose packet route is more direct and thus experiences less latency,

    But this kind of thing already happens, and is worse because of how unpredictable the connection is between two players.

    I do not believe anything of value is lost in removing the need to rapidly smash you finger against your phone screen.

    Unless you value that kind of thing. In which case, sure, I understand your apprehension at the idea of removing what you enjoy the most.

    Alright. Rip my idea apart.

    submitted by /u/Digibunny
    [link] [comments]

    buddy mood dropping way too fast

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 04:19 AM PST

    this game is like tomogachi now. you have to play with your buddy constantly to get him excited and keep him there to use half walking distance for candy harvesting. It's literally a problem if you have anything else to do. I got buddy to 9 mood points and then I went to a bank. I forgot to interact with him, and just hour and a half later when I opened the game again, he was back at base mood. he lost 8 points in just hour and a half. come on.

    similarly, last night, I forgot to interact with him for about an hour while I made food and ate, and it dropped bellow excited, and I wasn't able to get him back to excited before the day ended.

    Similarly when I'm trying to work, I can't remember to play with him every 15 minutes, just too keep him at current mood level

    it's way too difficult to get him to excited even if you're super focused on it, but for mood to drop this fast in such a short time span is nonsense. I read somewhere it was one mood point every half hour, but it's way faster than that.

    game has no benefit from me doing something that often, and I definitely do not. let people have lives, ffs

    Had to rant, sorry

    submitted by /u/wywrd
    [link] [comments]

    Go Battle League is really fun.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 08:07 AM PST

    I've noticed how much hate the league has gotten for minor inconveniences and don't get me wrong, it does annoy me too when charge moves don't count etc but it is a new thing for them so there's always gonna be some teething issues.

    Ultimately though after nearly 500 battles I'm still thoroughly enjoying the adrenaline rush I get from the really close fights, it's the most fun I've had playing the game probably since release.

    It still definitely has room to improve but it's still immensely fun.

    Kudos niantic!

    submitted by /u/Al_Muhammadi
    [link] [comments]

    Wasted Pokecoins....GBL Connection Issues are Aggravating ����

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 07:39 AM PST

    I hope when the first battle season starts that Niantic will have fixed these connection issues. It's annoying when you spend money to get battle passes so you have a better chance of getting the Pokémon encounter but you lose 4 matches in a row because your game ends up freezing in the middle of matches due to a "weak connection" even if you are on full WiFi. https://imgur.com/gallery/z26lnUL

    submitted by /u/senpie314
    [link] [comments]

    My first perfect Pokemon!

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 12:54 PM PST

    I don't get to play too much, but I'm stoked to have finally evolved this guy and am working on gaining candies! Thank God for adventure sync!

    Also thank you all for a wonderful community!

    First 100%! https://imgur.com/gallery/WXlys3O

    submitted by /u/PsychoSyren
    [link] [comments]

    Coin prices make no sense in Australia

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 01:53 AM PST

    Don't know if this has been posted about before but I couldn't find any other posts. Wondering what coin prices were like in other countries since in Australia, 99c buys you 100 coins yet the next bundle up for $7.99 only gets you 550? Why does the value go down the more you spend? You could spend $7.95 and get 800 coins but would need to make 8 seperate transactions. The biggest bundle costs $159.99 for 14,500 coins meaning you would miss out on over 1,500 coins compared to the 100 coin bundle? These prices are for iOS btw.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/6VGKhY4

    submitted by /u/YesAmHorse
    [link] [comments]

    Used (literally) all my stardust to trade with my bf for a shiny ralts and got a 3 star lucky!

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 12:32 AM PST

    We took the chance hoping it might end up being lucky and it actually did! Evolved him right away. Can't wait to make him my buddy and flex haha

    lucky ralts

    submitted by /u/relentlessraisin
    [link] [comments]

    When you have your Dragonite against Togekiss in the Master League

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 04:42 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/iXpeasc

    Last match, opponent haven't shown his final Pokemon, no shields and you had farmed the second Pokemon with your Dragonite. You two Outrages ready to decimate whatever comes next.

    To your surprised is not the iron horse with the long head, the phantom Centipede, the Metal Crab with the Mustache or even Fat Doraemon but that Dove Logo is here, she is not a looker but she oozes charisma. You have two choices either call it a night and retreat or stay and get Charmed...to death.

    submitted by /u/Summerclaw
    [link] [comments]

    Scaling system but with better rewards for group players.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 10:56 PM PST

    Now before you chastise me, hear me out. As a rural player it would be a fair chance if the raids were scaled down to the number of people available to raid. Now I know many veteran players already have groups for raiding. For those players if you raid as a group you get double or triple xp/candy/stardust likewise. Whichever won't break the game.

    This would help people who have no one to raid with and rural players. Solo players can do those raids solo and get the Pokemon for battle/dex while group players do the same and get extra rewards.

    Co-op is a fun part of the game. But shouldn't it be optional rather than necessary?

    submitted by /u/NishantSj
    [link] [comments]

    Shiny from an egg, didn’t know it was possible.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 11:51 PM PST

    Have been looking for a shiny mr.mime for a while now. Every single one I encounter in the wild is opened but I've never seen a green one. Then this little girl pops out of an egg! So happy

    https://imgur.com/a/NcqMtVQ

    submitted by /u/Ayenta
    [link] [comments]

    Egg steps aren’t progressing

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 08:26 AM PST

    has anyone else had the issue where theirsteps taken this week is progressing as normal but it's not counting towards their incubated eggs? Is there a way to fix this? I've walked for over 6km and none of my eggs are progressing

    submitted by /u/steamycupajoe
    [link] [comments]

    My first ever hatched pokemon

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 02:56 PM PST

    Quick context: I created my account and played a little when it lauched back in 2016, but my city didn't have any pokestops... so I left the game.

    November, last year I saw my brother playing and decided to give it a try and some days afterward I just happened to hatch this little guy. I thought it was cool cus' it was my first shiny, but didn't mind much since my brother would laugh about his CP. Time passed and GBL came out, I was struggling through Great League and decided to check online which wore the best pokémon to use. That's when I saw Azumarill in the top 5 and noticed how fool I've been. Grinded for 2 months straight since it was pretty rare to hatch Azurills and I almost never find Marills or Azumarills. Anyways, here is it, in almost he's final form (i just need to get to level 40 so i can get him as close as possible from 1500.

    his Marill evoltion, if anyone cares

    That's it, I don't want to sound like flexing, just wanted to share my happiness and how lucky that was, hope you have a good day and catch a lot of shinies!

    submitted by /u/Gsnji
    [link] [comments]

    Steps

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 03:19 AM PST

    Hi, my steps wont count. I have AS turned on, battery saver turned of. Is anyone esle having this problem?

    submitted by /u/FATCat3112
    [link] [comments]

    Lost raid win

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 05:45 AM PST

    I gate this game sometimes.

    Went in on a Darkrai raid. Won it. Phone signal error in the catch screen so had to reboot.

    Go back and all I can see is the raid won pennant.

    So frustrated for my first (lost) Darkrai

    submitted by /u/engin_here
    [link] [comments]

    Being theoretically able to get Darkrai from GBL is great and all, but for that it would have to work

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 07:56 AM PST

    This has been a problem ever since GBL launched but for the past few days it has been getting worse again. Enjoy a quick recap of my last 5 matches:

    1 - Everything dandy, good match without problems and even a win.

    2 - I wanna switch it up and select my second ultra league team. GBL has other plans, I get my first team, the fight runs a bit choppy and I lose but ok.

    3 - Let's do some great league. Would be more exciting if my fast attacks worked.

    4 - Pretty much the same as #3 but some fast attacks go through.

    5 - Was way better, but the game ignored my game winning charge attack.

    And before someone tries to pin this on my mobile data, I was on constant 4/4 bars 4G.

    TLDR; Fix GBL Niantic.

    submitted by /u/khournos
    [link] [comments]

    How long do I have to put up with spoofers

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 10:33 PM PST

    All the gyms in the whole area is being taken by the same guy DecoyAU, level 39 account. I camped for an hour at the oval where no one could even hit the gym without being seen. And here it is, spoofing and taunt me with a liptung right after I raided it.

    submitted by /u/jchan0425
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment