• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 17, 2020

    Pokémon GO - Pokémon GO - How Has the Pandemic Affected How You Play?

    Pokémon GO - Pokémon GO - How Has the Pandemic Affected How You Play?


    Pokémon GO - How Has the Pandemic Affected How You Play?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 03:16 PM PST

    Hello players of /r/PokemonGo!

    We're a researcher team from the Niantic x RIT Geo Games and Media Research Lab, we are a lab at RIT doing research on location-based games such as Pokémon GO.

    We're looking to interview Pokémon GO players about how the global pandemic and the associated changes to Pokémon GO affected their gameplay.

    Interviews will be conducted through Zoom and recorded. Your interviews will be anonymous and no personally identifiable information will be relayed in any content produced from this study.

    For questions or more information please refer to this document, email john at [jfd2017@rit.edu](mailto:jfd2017@rit.edu), or respond to this thread.

    If you wish to apply to the study you can do so at this link https://calendly.com/jfd2017/30min.

    We sincerely appreciate your help and support!

    Thank you,

    John

    submitted by /u/jdunham_ritxniantic
    [link] [comments]

    I got a literal bag of trash from a 12km egg.

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 07:24 PM PST

    Seriously why is Trubbish even in that distanced pool, it makes no sense to walk that much and be awarded that. It honestly felt like a slap in the face.

    submitted by /u/srgramrod
    [link] [comments]

    Got super lucky and caught shiny shadow Scyther and shiny shadow Pinsir from the same Meowth Balloon

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 05:51 PM PST

    Finally completed my research and I got a 3rd Meowth balloon this night and it had both shinies in the same balloon. I've never been this lucky before!!

    Picture of the shinies: https://imgur.com/a/e6ZvUZB

    submitted by /u/41btw_haHAA
    [link] [comments]

    Is anyone else fed up with the "Scan this pokestop" field research?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 01:31 PM PST

    The majority of the field research I've been getting for the past week or so has been to scan a pokestop, even when I spin a certain pokestop I still get field research to scan a different one that's nearby! It's been bugging me because I don't really see the point in scanning them and would much rather get normal field research tasks. Does anyone else feel this way or am I just being dramatic about it?

    Edit: I've been informed that if I just keep one of the scanning tasks and don't delete it I won't get another and it doesn't take up one of the 3 regular research slots so thank you kind redditors for your help!

    submitted by /u/Morg-T13
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone getting tired of these event Pokemon?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 03:10 AM PST

    Seriously, since this secrets of the jungle event started, all I encounter everywhere I go is a bunch of the same bag of 7 species. It's all cottenee, hoothoot, roggenrola, and dwebble. Anywhere I go, and I've been all over town Christmas shopping so my environments are extremely varied. Can't wait to get this thing over with

    submitted by /u/nick__sweatshirt
    [link] [comments]

    For those trainers/players that didn't know...

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 12:12 AM PST

    When selecting Pokémon for battle (grunts or TR bosses and leaders), you can press and hold (even drag) to see what their movesets are. That way, you don't have to label or nickname them. I just discovered this less than half an hour ago.

    submitted by /u/theunsunghero_17
    [link] [comments]

    I think my luck just peaked

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 06:11 AM PST

    Have been struggling to find a dragon type to complete the genesect quest, found a vibrava through a quest today and finally completed. Somehow got a shundo genesect

    Picture: http://imgur.com/a/1N8j1dU

    submitted by /u/Skrulkkai
    [link] [comments]

    Don't feel obligated to pay anything for G-Mime, it will probably be available in few months outside of this ticketed research

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 10:03 PM PST

    I have seen lots of frustration in this sub for the ticket. Rightfully so.

    Galarian Mime will probably come available in few months from eggs or raids so I wouldn't use money on the ticket to get one. Unless you absolutely need one (content creator or maybe it's small amount of money for you)

    I recommend waiting patiently and if you absolutely want to buy something, Kanto event is much better option for little more money

    submitted by /u/Cyberpunk2004
    [link] [comments]

    Am I the only one who think the boxes should have remote raid passes instead of premium raid passes?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 10:50 AM PST

    I've avoided buying boxes for the last two months cause premium passes are simply useless right now. It just makes more sense. Or at least they should let us trade one pass for the other.

    submitted by /u/_imnina
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for opening gifts faster

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 01:38 AM PST

    Don't know if this has been mentioned before on here, but I have a couple of tips for opening gifts faster. Personally I find it a super repetitive task and if anyone out there is grinding for Exp like me you may find this helpful.

    Tips:

    1. After pressing the 'Open' button on a gift start immediately hitting the 'x' underneath. This skips the gift opening animation, the items inside from displaying and the friendship increase animation. Slightly faster than tapping through all of that stuff.

    2. When in the friends list it is possible to select multiple friends to open at the same time by tapping them at the same time. This will cause them to open on top of each other. Example Screen Recording I've managed a total of 5 on my phone (I don't know if you can do more on bigger screens)

    If there's something that I've not mentioned that allows you to do it faster please let me know.

    Hope you found this helpful 😁

    submitted by /u/spiderrichard
    [link] [comments]

    Pokemon Go Recycling

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 11:49 PM PST

    Yesterday I was watching the news and there was a segment about a fisherman in greece teaching people how to fish and gather trash from the ocean amd he is getting awarded by the UN ,and I was thinking players of pokemon go walk millions of kilometers per year . Maybe we could make a change as well . The idea is that Niantic can come in contact with recycling companies from different countries and in spots with high activity ( i believe they can track activity of pokestops) there can be placed recyclers .

    How can it work though ? In my head I thought of this way . You go to the pokemon go recyclers which is also a pokestop but in a different overview just to make sure everyone can see it . By scanning your qr code you will be given a multiple use bag maybe with pokemon images outside or you could even perhaps choose between the three teams you got . The bag is a one time thing unless perhaps you increase your recycling level which may mean that your bag was overused. The machine will also give a pair of gloves once a day cause at the end of the day we will be picking trash .

    At the end of your walk and after gathering the trash you can throw the trash in the recycler and by counting the amount of trash you gathered you can get a respective amount of pokecoins . That way players will ve awarded with pokecoins and Niantic will get a good name for helping recycling and protecting the environment.
    What do you guys think about it . ( the only thing i couldn't entirely think is how will you be picking your phone after grabbing trash but at the machine could also provide disinfectant wipes ,again one per player after scanning your code , at the end of your walk )

    Edit. To avoid the cost of placing extra machinery , this type of machines for recycling at least cans or plastic bottles already exist in some countries and can be turned into a pokestop and after maybe spinning it for a whole week you can get lets say 10-50 coins.

    submitted by /u/newnewbie92
    [link] [comments]

    [Photo] I still can't believe this

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 06:11 AM PST

    Finally, found 2nd Meowth balloon and got this beauty. Bamboozled. Definitely going to be my next best buddy. I guess RNG finally blessed me after 4 years of playing. SHUNDO

    submitted by /u/Thedivyanshsharma
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you Niantic

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 07:09 AM PST

    It's a small thing but thank you for moving the appraise and transfer buttons back to their original spot and moving tag further up the list. It's a small change but huge quality of life.

    submitted by /u/HalliganAx3
    [link] [comments]

    $7.99 for Mr.Mime event.

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 01:45 PM PST

    Thats a fat no for me, all I see is buy this and that now. I understand some stuff is rare and you can make a quick buck off the whales, but damn I'm really starting to understand why a lot of people are tired of seeing pay to win.

    "You get people excited for something fun then go, "oh you want that? HA sike."

    What a bummer. I was actually really excited to grind some research tasks for a chance.

    It's either buy this or possibly lose out on a chance with free events from terrible rng. Lol

    Wonder it people are losing their patience yet.

    submitted by /u/UseBoobsForPillows
    [link] [comments]

    Friends sortable by last interaction

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 04:44 AM PST

    I had a very simple idea this morning that would be very easy for Niantic to update. The ability to sort friends by the last time you sent or received gifts from them. With the daily gift open limit, I'm worried that there might be some friends that I'm neglecting. Inevitably the friends with names higher in the alphabet get more gifts and level up with me faster simply for usually appearing first.

    I do flip my friends list from time to time and start at the bottom of the alphabet. But wouldn't it be cool if we could see those one or two friends that we haven't sent a gift to or opened a gift from longest at the top?

    Just an idea

    submitted by /u/drubdob
    [link] [comments]

    Beat Jessie and James four times...

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 01:56 AM PST

    First day of the event I had four balloons spawn, last three days not a single meowth one has spawned. If they are going to give us a quest like this at least make it within my control to do.

    Anyone else finding this issue with spawning? I have 12 hours of the jungle event and I doubt I'll get four meowth balloons.

    submitted by /u/limeandsprinkles
    [link] [comments]

    Appraise button moved AGAIN

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 05:19 AM PST

    Please tell me I'm not the only who keeps favoriting Pokémon instead of appraising them? I just keep staring at my screen like a dummy favoriting and unfavoriting while waiting for my Pokémon to be appraised. I'm so tired of them moving buttons around. Just make a change and keep it!!!

    submitted by /u/ugggghhhhhhhhh
    [link] [comments]

    I HATE THESE SPAWNS

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 11:34 PM PST

    I swear to god why did Niantic make only Roggenrola, Hoothoot, Nuzleaf, Caterpie, Dwebble, Cottonee, Woobat, Diglett, Drillbur and THE ANNOYING EXPLORER HAT PIKACHU WHICH YOU CAN'T EVEN EVOLVE. I get that this is an event but for god's sake, they are starting to get boring.

    submitted by /u/Rohan2202
    [link] [comments]

    Daily Pokémon Variety

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 07:09 AM PST

    Anyone else find themselves getting stuck with the same daily Pokémon every single day? I'm on day 6 of Bunnelby, broken up only by one Throh a few days ago...

    submitted by /u/ladypeanut27
    [link] [comments]

    rare candy

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 06:01 AM PST

    Has anyone else not been getting rare candy lately?

    Over the last 6 weeks i have done 12 raids and have collected 0 rare candy from them.

    Am i the only one or is Niantic being stingy with the goods.

    submitted by /u/joeblow459
    [link] [comments]

    Niantic please tell your players what they're testing. New Egg system

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 06:52 AM PST

    I have the "honour" to test the new egg system, where your egg slots can overfill when you defeat a Rocket Boss [or through adventure sync bonus.]

    I've waited for the new update to post this but my egg slots are still 9/9, until I defeat a Rocket Boss. Then they jump to 10/9. For me this works only with Rocket Bosses, I received no Adventure sync eggs on Monday even though I walked over 50 km. (My eggs where at 9/9)

    Why is it that I have to go to an unofficial website to get this info? Even more confusing, my friend received the other test where the special eggs stay in the bonus slot, so I was expecting my game to work similarly. We need more transparency niantic!

    That's what it looks like after I defeat a Boss

    submitted by /u/Cdalblar
    [link] [comments]

    The trade system REALLY needs some reworking.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 07:33 AM PST

    I like the idea of trade evolutions, it's more accurate to the main games, and it saves candy/time. But why can I not trade the same Pokemon again? Give the person I'm trading with, their original Pokémon.

    That's not even the worst part though, it's absolutely ridiculous how much it wrecks the stats if you're not lucky friends. My dad and I traded each other Boldores because 200 candy is a lot. Both of which were nearly perfect. After the trade, his turned into a 1 star and mine a 2 star. What sense does it make to trade if we can't get it back and the Pokémon itself gets significantly worse?

    Does anyone have any idea what the point of this is?

    submitted by /u/ito75
    [link] [comments]

    Celebrating a Shiny: It's too hot for a "Penguin" to just be walking around here

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 04:28 AM PST

    All the people at the Pokémon zoo are real nice, Mr. Shiny Empoleon. They'll treat you real respectable like.

    And no, the penguin didn't tell me to do this.

    submitted by /u/OptionalPlayer
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment