• Breaking News

    Friday, December 18, 2020

    Pokémon GO - PSA: Stop scanning stops for your field research tasks. Niantic is using this data to remove stops/gyms.

    Pokémon GO - PSA: Stop scanning stops for your field research tasks. Niantic is using this data to remove stops/gyms.


    PSA: Stop scanning stops for your field research tasks. Niantic is using this data to remove stops/gyms.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 09:56 AM PST

    The AR Mapping tool that Niantic is trying to push you to use through Field Research is actively being utilized to remove PokeStops and Gyms. When you scan a location and Niantic deems it to be "misplaced" or "fake", they have started to quickly delete them. I just had a fair bit of gyms and stops removed from my area and my local Discord group is reporting the same thing en-masse. Niantic is using the players to do their own legwork in determining a Stop/Gym's validity, and then using it against us. This applies to both new Stops/Gyms, as well as older established ones that could have been there for a year or more.

    Be warned, be aware. Stop scanning and giving up your data so Niantic can make the game harder for you to have fun playing.

    submitted by /u/CurlyHairedKid
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else get interesting descriptions of Pokemon from other people?

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 03:38 AM PST

    My partner just text to say she evolved the "snotty ice bear"

    I mean, I can't say I didn't understand what she was saying.

    submitted by /u/N0365417
    [link] [comments]

    Absol in 5km and 12km

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 03:08 AM PST

    Why is absol in both 5km and 12km eggs. Seems like 12km eggs are just useless and that niantic is just trolling us at this point

    submitted by /u/fooloosh
    [link] [comments]

    Is it just me or is it whenever you get invited to a raid the notification is delayed by like 5 minutes?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 05:53 PM PST

    I'll get a notification from Pokémon go that says "blank invited you to join a raid" and I'm like oh cool I'll join, but then when I go to look at it it disappeared and the raid apparently ended.

    The only time it's ever accurate is when I get the invite while I'm already using the app

    I was just wondering if this was happening to anyone else

    submitted by /u/Gibbet44
    [link] [comments]

    Found my second Meowth Ballon, claimed my rewards and.... wow. Just wow. I got my first shundo!

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 06:34 PM PST

    After finishing my second Jessie and James battle, I got the shiny Celebi! Considering my luck with good IVs and such, I wasn't expecting too much, but when I checked the IVs, they were all 15/15/15! No joke, I actually had my mouth hanging open and I was speechless. Shundo Celebi, hell yeah! Shundo Celebi

    submitted by /u/Slay3r_21
    [link] [comments]

    Ryperior Semi... happy to see me

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 09:17 PM PST

    It's been a while since my gyms have lagged when I went to remote feed. I've gotten a few funny stacks that separate once the gym has properly loaded. Tonight, something magical happened... semi hard to get a good screenshot.... but, I got it

    lol here's the screenshot

    submitted by /u/othernathan
    [link] [comments]

    Special Research (shiny Celebi) never expires, Jessie&James will be around through February

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 03:26 PM PST

    Questions about this have kept rolling in despite the many posts about it and the announcement never listing any end dates, but here's concrete official word on the issue:

    https://twitter.com/NianticHelp/status/1339702682576044032

    • Jessie and James will not be leaving the world of Pokémon GO until the end of February 2021. We will revise the Today View in-app to reflect this.

    • There is no time limit to complete the Special Research "Distracted by Something Shiny" once it has been collected.

    • Team GO Rocket balloons, and Jessie and James' Meowth balloon, will be appearing more frequently on Dec. 25th, as shared in our blog previously

    • In response to your feedback, Jessie and James' Meowth balloon will now have an even higher chance to appear when you encounter Team GO Rocket balloons, from now until Dec. 21st, 10 p.m. local time.

    submitted by /u/mizznox
    [link] [comments]

    Loving level 42 stardust task!

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 08:33 PM PST

    Level 42 task "Collect 100,000 stardust" is making catching mons a lot more fun.

    When catching, you toss the ball, the mon is caught and you wait for one shake, two shake, three shake, caught.

    Frustrating when they break out, especially just before shake 3.

    But while doing these tasks, I discovered that the game determines your success the very micro-second the ball catches the mon, as I am awarded the stardust cost even before the first shake. If I don't see the bar, I know it's going to break out at 1-2- or before shake 3.

    Even with quick catches, I know as I escape and skip the animation if I need to reclick that mon, or not.

    Going to miss that nice little trick once I finish the task.

    So, learned today that the coding in the game has decided your success immediately and the 1-2-3-catch animation is rather worthless other than to waste time. LOL

    Love quick catch for that, at least.

    submitted by /u/Kaiju_zero
    [link] [comments]

    How about a weekly 350 coin limit instead of daily 50 coin limit. Week resets saturday at midnight to encourage heavy weekend play.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 11:52 AM PST

    Just think Niantic might actually adopt this as opposed to raising the cap at all. Main downside for them is that people wont play as much daily and people will have more coins. However, I really feel that being able to expand your item bag and pokemon inventory got me into the game quite a bit. F2p players being able to spend more coins, might open the game up for them more, causing them to buy coins.

    Regardless, it'd be so much nicer if when my seven 8hour+ gymed pokemon all get knocked out on the same day, I could still be done for the week.

    submitted by /u/Exelyon
    [link] [comments]

    Power up or evolve first?

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 05:15 AM PST

    I'm new to pokemon go and I was wondering if someone could help me, I do t know much but is it good to power up your pokemon first and then evolve them or should I evolve first and then start powering up. Also is there any good strategies or tips I should know?

    submitted by /u/TheOnlyRitz
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you, everyone

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 03:00 PM PST

    I don't know where to begin this post, and can scarcely believe what is happening right now.

    While my days of playing this game regularly have passed by more than a year or 2 ago, my father continued to play PokemonGo since he started a week from launch. He enjoyed ( and hopefully still will) PokemonGo, and his interactions with the players in our community were a large part of this enjoyment. But fast forward to today, and he's been battling cancer for the past six months, and my family and I have been told that it metastasized to an untreatable point and we don't know how much longer he has left.

    I wanted to thank everyone here, as many of you are the community members that people could only dream of. I would also like to ask everyone for their thoughts ( and prayers if applicable), so if this is the last time I interact with you all on this sub, I want you all to know that I am very thankful to the PokemonGo community.

    Edit: Thank you all for your support, it really means a lot to me and my family. We're still trying to be optimistic, but it's difficult.

    Update: It might be treatable!! I heard doctors talking on the phone, he might actually get discharged from the hospital! Once again, I can't thank you all enough and I am feeling a lot better than I have for the past 3 hours.

    submitted by /u/Jsupmajor
    [link] [comments]

    Forgive my ignorance..

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 08:11 AM PST

    I've noticed, on occasion, when I catch a pokemon, it catches a lot quicker than expected.. like, instead of doing (what feels like) a million wobbles, it'll just do one wobble and give me some stars that swirl up rather than the regular "star explosion" (if that makes sense...).. what does that mean/do?

    submitted by /u/thatguy3495
    [link] [comments]

    I am lonely and In need of a freind

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 06:40 AM PST

    There aren't many pokemon go players where I come from, so quests like: "send 10 gifts to friends" are quite difficult. Could someone friend me?

    submitted by /u/Ikillyouagain_
    [link] [comments]

    Can't buy the event tickets even if i wanted to

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 04:06 AM PST

    If i try to press the kanto event ticket or the new galarian Mr. Mime event ticket, it leads me into a white screen i can tap out of, but it doesn't let me buy the ticket.

    Also the catch animation is broken with ultra balls.

    The Mr. Mime event is expensive, but for me personally it's worth it, but i can't buy it even if i wanted to which sucks.

    Niantic, pls fix

    submitted by /u/Unkn4wn
    [link] [comments]

    Thanks for moving the Appraise button back Niantic! Now all my Pokémon are favorited first.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 11:38 AM PST

    They left it there just long enough to create a new habit then moved it back to its original spot. I'll be favoriting Pokémon before appraising for the next week or two. Thanks Niantic!

    submitted by /u/LetMeBorrowSomSweats
    [link] [comments]

    Any tips on how to get 2 million xp till december 31?

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 04:59 AM PST

    I play since 2016 and I refuse to not get to level 40 before the year end hahaha

    I currently have 3.091.035 XP

    What's the fastest way? I never actually cared about leveling up fast, but I really want this badge!

    submitted by /u/AliceDal
    [link] [comments]

    Dragonite raid invitations?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 07:08 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/gallery/9asbJgg

    Not sure if this has been posted before. I think it would be amazing if the raid invitations were delivered by the dragonite from Pokémon the first movie mewtwo strikes back.

    Look how cute he is https://m.imgur.com/gallery/Fy6TKOg So happy and curious 😭😭😭 I'd die every time

    Getting a raid invite from this good boy would be amazing.

    Plus they could also expand it to other Pokémon like pikachu, charizard, delibird, pidgeot, pelipper, arcanine, eevee and whatever obvious ones I may be missing.

    I don't think it'd be too hard to implement just make him pop up when you click on the invite like the professor or team rocket.

    Sorry if someone has come up with this idea before thought it was a really fun idea.

    submitted by /u/jubejube98
    [link] [comments]

    best move set for Lucario in Ultra league

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 05:52 AM PST

    what are your thought and the best move set for Lucario for ultra league

    plz include 2nd move too

    (plz answer if none doe well this would be embarrassing)

    submitted by /u/Naruto_Uzumaki_6000
    [link] [comments]

    Egg and buddy not tracking

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 05:43 AM PST

    So its been more than a month that my buddy and egg distance don't count. However, my weekly progress and rewards are counted. One of my egg is even stuck at 0 out of 0.5km from a community day bonus and its not moving at all. I am using an iphone X and I even signed in in the same device with another account and there were no problem at all. Anyone found a solution? I restarted my phone and reinstalled the app, all the location and motion and health are on and the battery saver is off.

    submitted by /u/treeblingcalf
    [link] [comments]

    What to do with Shadow Pokemon?

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 07:13 AM PST

    Hey fellow trainers! What do you all do with your mass amounts of shadow pokemon? Do you just transfer them? purify and transfer them? are you keeping them for something coming in the future?

    Any tips on what you do would be lovely =)

    submitted by /u/L0wborn
    [link] [comments]

    Pokemon go app freezes mid-loading

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 12:04 AM PST

    When I open the app it loads midway, never fully, and sometimes in crashes and closes on itself. So I need to restart it myself and most of the times it opens on the second try. Is there a way to fix this? I've tried clearing cache, uninstalling and reinstalling the app multiple times but nothing works. Also on app info, battery saver is in No Restrictions. I have a Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro (K20 pro i think is also called) on MIUI Global Stable 12.0.3. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/AlexKaminia
    [link] [comments]

    Is it near impossible to max out a legendary?

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 07:04 AM PST

    With the addition of candy XL it seems like it would now be a near impossible task. You can do it, but it will take a lot of time and effort to do just 1. Do I have this right or am I missing something? Why would they do this? I hope they change something

    submitted by /u/H2Pcoys
    [link] [comments]

    Same spawns during events have sucked the fun out of the game

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 02:34 PM PST

    I used to enjoy wandering around and having a random pokemon pop up and make me excited to have encountered it.

    Now with these events, the same pokemon spawn everywhere I go with nothing new. I'm so sick of Cottonee, Dwebble, Hoothoot, Nuzleaf, Caterpie, Roggenrola, Woobat, Safari Pikachu already. Before this event, it was only Litleo, Bunnelby, Chespin, Fennekin, Drillbur, Fletchling. This has been going on for awhile even before these events too. I don't mind having these pokemon spawn but it would be nice to have a few others pop up here and there too! I don't even want to open the app now when I'm out since I know there will not be anything new to encounter.

    submitted by /u/Pllpshr
    [link] [comments]

    Where is Whismur?

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 01:19 AM PST

    I've taken a break from the game and started playing again a couple of weeks ago. I need to catch a couple of Whismur for a quest, but I haven't see any of them for a very long time. Same with rattata and even pidgeys. All these easy "junk" pokémon's that are perfect for xp grind. I know they do a lot of events, but even outside of those I haven't encountered one.

    Do I just live in a bad area or do more people have this issue?

    submitted by /u/Koyatsqi
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment