• Breaking News

    Monday, December 14, 2020

    Pokémon GO - So I evolved my magikarp...

    Pokémon GO - So I evolved my magikarp...


    So I evolved my magikarp...

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 08:02 PM PST

    And then thirty minutes later got the quest to evolve a magikarp I've been sitting on a bench for thirty minutes trying to find the will to move on

    submitted by /u/onlyburneveryformat
    [link] [comments]

    Log in problem

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 03:55 AM PST

    So i've played today. Turn off the game and half an hour after tried to start the game but im logged out and i have a message that there is a server problem. Anyone else have the same log in problem?

    Edit: looks like there are some google issues worldwide. Google is yet to comment on the issue

    Edit 2: seems the problem with google log in is fixed.

    submitted by /u/weeklykillah
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: Google is having technical difficulties at the moment. You may be unable to log in to Pokémon Go account

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 04:09 AM PST

    Other services like YouTube and google Drive are affected as well. Just hold on and wait for it to be resolved👍🏻

    submitted by /u/GullanJullan
    [link] [comments]

    Since many of you will never get to see it, this is what Pokémon GO looks like while it is snowing.

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 06:00 AM PST

    I know that many people live in areas that don't experience snow, so I wanted to share what it looks like in game during snow fall. This included the overworld, the catching mini game, and the weather screen ❄️

    https://imgur.com/a/YiGUijY

    submitted by /u/anarchyglitter
    [link] [comments]

    What a hundo shiny Magikarp!

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 07:48 PM PST

    Oh my gosh! I can't believe I caught a hundo Magikarp! and it is shiny. My heart is beating fast until now. I showed my husband and he could not believe either. The kid in me is in clouds right now. Doing a happy dance.

    submitted by /u/TeeKappukeki
    [link] [comments]

    After trading shinies with my wife to change the stats I got a perfect shiny lucky gengar!

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 03:12 PM PST

    http://imgur.com/gallery/N2Mt2sH

    I could not be happier then this pokemon. Now to Get him a name and get to best buddy!

    submitted by /u/brennen8
    [link] [comments]

    Account problem

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 04:11 AM PST

    I just opened my Pokémon go account and I can't access my account. None of my information is recognized. Any suggestions on what to do to recover the account?

    submitted by /u/westdanny316
    [link] [comments]

    Rarer than a Shundo?

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 07:14 AM PST

    I was extremely lucky with the December Community weekend and caught 15 shinies. Out of the 15 I caught this little guy, my first Shero. Anyone else caught one before? My little Shero

    submitted by /u/eggsoccer
    [link] [comments]

    I love Pokemon Go.

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 07:06 PM PST

    Sorry but I just wanted to praise it for a minute. This game has kept me going to parts of my city that I've never really gotten to explore before, like small businesses that are pokestops or gyms. Its something to go do everyday, especially now with tpandemic. When my stepdad got the virus, I had to basically live in my car for two weeks to avoid getting sick, and Pokemon Go was really helpful to ease the boredom and sadness. I've been more excited to go on walks around my block to hatch eggs, and I feel I really got to enjoy the fall this year moreso than ever before because of quarantine and playing this game outside. It connects me to my childhood when I got pokemon pearl for the first time and I played relentlessly. The game is super unique and super fun; catching mythical creatures and building a team for yourself and others, whether you want to be competitive or not. I know it has problems, as every game does, but Pokemon Go has really been amazing for me. Ugh this is cringey but I just wanted to share.

    submitted by /u/Comfortable-Carpet75
    [link] [comments]

    First time shiny Porygon

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 03:02 PM PST

    Causal player here. First ever shiny Porygon, not great but caught me by surprise as I had just logged in for today's community day. I don't have anyone that plays Pokémon go that I can text it to so wanted to share my excitement here. And love the light purple, one of my fav colors lol

    shiny Porygon

    submitted by /u/Lanafan82
    [link] [comments]

    A rule of thumb regarding IVs

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 07:30 AM PST

    I've recently seen a lot of posts asking questions of IVs and to be clear, this post is towards newer/more casual players and not high level veterans/hardcore players.

    My rule of thumb regarding IVs is this:

    If you are asking a question about IVs, don't worry about it yet and just keep an eye out for hundos (4*)

    If you are a newer/casual player reading this, I would say to you this: evolve the higher level pokemon and don't worry about IVs just yet. Over time you will gain enough resources to be able to choose what you want to really invest in, and then you can worry about IVs.

    Why do I say this?

    IVs really make a small difference between each pokemon. The people who are usually asking this are newer players/more casual players. And to them, the difference that IV gives is significantly outweighed by other factors (Like the actual pokemon or the level) for them.

    To these questions, I often hear the remark about how they should keep low attack IV mons for PvP or something similar to that. Do you really think that for these players, they have enough resources to evolve and/or power up the pokemon? And do they have enough resources to do that for 3 pokemon?

    I would argue that optimising a team for PvP is one of the end games of Pokemon Go.

    Given that the meta of PvP is constantly changing, by the time that these players are finally up to a point where they would be thinking about optimising a team for PvP and are able to have the resources to do so, the meta of PvP would be completely different to what it is now.

    Closing remarks: Now, I know that it might appear controversial, and no doubt I will probably get some comments about how people play the game differently to others. I'm just simply giving my two cents on the matter.

    tl;dr Don't stress too much on IVs if you are a lower level player/new player

    submitted by /u/Dragon88Power
    [link] [comments]

    My first ever Woobat is a shiny???

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 06:55 AM PST

    Was just logging in and the first Pokémon to spawn was a Woobat who I have never encountered and it was shiny

    submitted by /u/crimsonshadow34
    [link] [comments]

    Curious about tag usage!!

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 07:39 PM PST

    My boyfriend keeps teasing me about my tag usage in PoGo. I mark every Pokémon I'd like to transfer using a tag marked "Transfer". This means I'll transfer all of them on December 22nd during the spotlight hour for double candy. And then I'm marking all Pokémon I'd like to evolve as "Dec29" so that I can evolve them during that spotlight hour.

    I'm level 32 so I'm on that XP grind to catch up to my level 36 boyfriend. He makes fun of me for how I do things, but I think it's pretty smart. I was able to evolve approximately 64 Pokémon last double XP evolution hour. Each evolution is 1000xp, so 2000xp. With a lucky egg that's 4000xp. I have 108 Pokémon ready to be evolved on Dec 29. Hoping I'll have enough time to evolve them all!

    submitted by /u/malpaff
    [link] [comments]

    Additional Egg Storage

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 04:53 AM PST

    Recently i got chosen to test the additional egg storage feature.. i basically really like the idea and it makes it way easier to receive eggs from go rocket bosses or adventure sync. BUT there are a two things i would definitely improve:

    1. You should be able to move eggs from the additional storage to the normal one if you have space there. That would make it possible to always have space for a new egg. Otherwise you can only get e.g. 3 strange eggs and you have no other option to free up space than hatching. But i want to be able to collect 12 strange eggs or at least to collect more than 3 at a time. That would be really cool

    2. Sometime one may not want to get a adventure sync egg. Maybe there should be a possibility to easily skip that one on mondays without having to block a slot in some way.

    I really hope Niantic can see this and maybe improve the feature.

    Tell me what you guys think about that.

    submitted by /u/julien31walker
    [link] [comments]

    This recent Google issue shows why you should always have secondary option for login.

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 04:25 AM PST

    Yes for company like Google, these kinds of crashes are really not that frequent. However even though i was unable to login using my Google account, all I had to do was to login as a returning user and then select the Facebook login option.

    Not only because of these kinds of issues, but i have also seen times when people have said something that good old Mark Zuckerberg didn't like. And they have had their Facebook accounts removed.

    Both situations having second login option would save you from losing your lvl50 100% shadow Mewtwo and other mons with the account.

    This is luckily just a temporary issue, but by only having one 3rd party login option in your account can easily lock you out from the game temporarily. Or if you have done something in that other service, you could also just lose the whole Pokémon go account too.

    submitted by /u/hunter_finn
    [link] [comments]

    First Shiny and i couldn’t be more happier!!

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 08:19 AM PST

    I was bummed out i couldn't play at all during community day due to having to work during the event time! But woke up blessed to this guy! Not only is it my favorite Pokémon but it's also a shadow Pokémon!

    The Shiny

    submitted by /u/SauceBoss09
    [link] [comments]

    If you don’t like to hear people whine, ignore my post.

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 12:28 AM PST

    Just feel the need to vent about something petty.

    I realize Niantic is a business(a 4 billion dollar company) but I swear every other move they make is a backhanded way of getting more money from us. As someone who loves the game, it's disheartening to know that they care about money way more than it's players. From the looks of it they don't take much constructive criticisms or provide helpful customer service.

    Some Money makers:

    Sponsored gifts

    Frequent tickets (including the recent $12 one)

    Capturing a raid Pokémon doesn't seem to depend on skill or how you throw. Sometimes they just aren't going to go in the pokeball. They really want us to buy more raid passes.

    Coming out with new legendaries all the time would be nice if I didn't have to constantly pay a dollar for a new remote raid pass, or wait for niantic to possibly throw me a bone. Why not just put them in pokestops?

    The 50 coins a day limit

    Lack of egg incubators

    Lack of anything really if you live in a small town

    The fact that even if you're best buddies you need a boatload of stardust to trade legendaries/shiny Pokémon

    Those overpriced "boxes" in the shop

    Lack of storage

    If you want to play the game seriously it's really hard not to shell out some cash. Not even saying this stuff is unaffordable, it just feels gross sometimes. Niantic has a pretty loyal following and I don't think they do enough for their players to validate the money they're making.

    I know I know, first world problem shit but don't act like you're not annoyed some of the time by this company. This was a messy rant. If you took the time to read this, I hope you find your shiny Mew.

    submitted by /u/Boochpooch
    [link] [comments]

    No Jessie, no James - bug

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 07:00 AM PST

    Reporting in from Germany where there are multiple reports that the balloons with Jessie and James are simply not appearing for some players. Not an isolated bug but clearly random. Others are encountering the balloons. Pretty disappointing for many given that a new wide-sweeping lockdown starts in two days.

    submitted by /u/ThatThereMan
    [link] [comments]

    More stats on our pokemon

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 06:49 AM PST

    You know when you go into a gym battle it tells you how many battles that pokemon has won. Imagine having that info in the pokemon menu.

    You know other stats other than HP/Moves etc. Imagine just beneath/abobd appraisal you had something like "stats". Then the stats could be things like;

    Battles fought Battles won Berries used on it Times fainted

    Etc etc just a rough idea but would be so cool.

    submitted by /u/YouGKnee
    [link] [comments]

    35 pokeballs for walking 98 kms.

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 07:17 AM PST

    20 pokeballs, 10 great balls, and 5 ultra balls.

    Idk why but I feel under appreciated here. I hatched 20+ eggs last week aswell. No rewards for that.

    Should these rewards be better, and more for after walking over 50?

    submitted by /u/UseBoobsForPillows
    [link] [comments]

    My first Shundo. Took me a while to evolve.

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 08:19 AM PST

    Shundo found here

    Took alot of walking and 10km eggs to evolve. My luck for this pogo year has been used.

    I know its nothing special for the most of you but it is for me. :)

    submitted by /u/Aftershoq2
    [link] [comments]

    I’m doomed

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 07:39 AM PST

    I only got to participate on Saturday and not on Sunday for community day because I had finals. Now I have to catch 13 porygons in the wild somehow to complete the special research. Can I get an F in the chat

    submitted by /u/Brobss
    [link] [comments]

    December community day kind of disappointing

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 10:47 AM PST

    I was looking forward to being able to get a lot of the Pokémon from the community days that I wasn't able to be a part of like Mudkip, but to my disappointment Sunday brought heaps of magmar electabuzz and porygon. All of those Pokémon, for me at least, are irrelevant for PVP and raids and in general. Just kind of bummed that not all the Pokémon were spawning in the wild, and I be a giant waste of raid passes if I wanted to get mudkip etc

    submitted by /u/HalliganAx3
    [link] [comments]

    After missing many community days and spotlight nights due to work... I finally hit the jackpot and caught these precious beauties!

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 01:06 PM PST

    http://imgur.com/gallery/gShoZri

    I am a social worker in the mental health field, working "front lines" as a behavior therapist for high needs children struggling with a variety of mental illnesses. Thanks to the pandemic exasperating their struggles, I've been working 40-56 hours per week, inevitably including evenings and weekends. I don't always have the opportunity to participate in community days or spotlight nights... so you can imagine my excitement this morning when I was able to finally get not one, but two of the shinys I've been pining over :') it's a community weekend miracle, y'all

    submitted by /u/Wheret0start
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment