• Breaking News

    Saturday, December 26, 2020

    Pokémon GO - Update on the status of the sub

    Pokémon GO - Update on the status of the sub


    Update on the status of the sub

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 10:17 PM PST

    Welcome back every one, hope all you great trainers had a wonderful Christmas.

    The sub is now open again and life can resume. Image posts have been reinstated, and automod will now dm every post linking users to the rules of the sub, and mentioning the 2 most violated rules here, 2B non AR ingame screenshots posted directly, and rule 3, cheating.

    Previously we did not ban for non AR violations as it was a formatting rule. After careful consideration, and attempts to curb formatting violations in other ways, with automod, stickied posts directing users to rules, complete lockdown of images etc, we have decided rule 2b violations will now receive short bans.

    We don't want to stop users from posting their screenshots, but unchecked they simply overwhelm the sub. Rule 2b is the compromise for that.

    All that said, we strongly encourage users to read the rules of all subs they frequent, and the stickied posts of said subs (im looking at you 50 some odd people that requested permission to post during our Christmas shutdown).

    I will make an example post for how rule 2b is to be followed tomorrow and link it in the rules and this stickied post for some greater clarity.

    We appreciate the input from all the users and mods on how to deal with images, and hope these new actions will bring a better balance of types of posts to the sub.

    Now go and catch them all trainers!


    Example of a properly formatted rule 2b post

    submitted by /u/BootsMade4Walking
    [link] [comments]

    Happy Christmas everyone!

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 10:12 PM PST

    Pokemon Go Screen turned to Holiday Animation

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 10:48 PM PST

    Real world gift

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 12:34 AM PST

    This is a test post

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 09:28 PM PST

    This is a test, I love tests, they are very nice and fun. I do not know how long one hundred characters are so this is gonna be kind of hard to do. I guess this is enoigh

    submitted by /u/_Endwa_
    [link] [comments]

    The real pokémon we needed for Christmas

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 04:55 AM PST

    I have held this gym for over 3 years now

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 06:27 AM PST

    Shortly after the gym system reboot I went hunting for remote gyms. All but 1 has been taken down and I proudly sit on this gym feeding my poor lonely Ninetails berries when I remember. 1211 days friend. Good defending.

    https://imgur.com/JmfY4ME

    submitted by /u/BootsMade4Walking
    [link] [comments]

    Alolan Ninetails looking fierce in yesterday's snowfall ✨❄️

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 07:29 AM PST

    I made these for my mom, we play pogo together. Happy Holidays everyone!

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 12:59 AM PST

    That ain’t no Holiday costumed Pokémon. That’s free 2,340 XP!

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 07:07 AM PST

    Cosmetic pokemon need to be able to evolve

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 06:10 AM PST

    I have a 4* squirtle and a 4* cubchoo, but can't evolve them because of a stupid bow or hat they're wearing. I hope the dev's give us a way to evolve with items or to be able to remove the items. Maybe even not put the items on pokemon that can evolve.

    submitted by /u/Crazystealthguy
    [link] [comments]

    I only ever curveball to the right

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 06:10 AM PST

    Pokemon Go 2020: Review

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 06:30 AM PST

    Since 2020 is coming to a close I thought I'd use this post to review the new features that niantic have introduced this year since I doubt there will be any significant changes in the next 6 days. If I miss anything feel free to comment.

    Trade Evolutions I was dreading this feature initially as I thought it would leave me with lots of Pokemon unable to get. However I think this was introduced well as an alternative to candy for select Pokemon so that if you don't have anyone to trade with you're fine.
    Rating - Good

    Community Day Voting This should have been good in theory however the execution was poor. Niantics selection of Pokemon was done in a way that gave only 2 real choices which included re runs of old shines and old community day Pokemon. This lead to a very lacklustre lineup of Pokemon for 2020. I will mention however that niantic adapted community days for COVID very well.
    Rating - Bad

    GBL This was a massive change to PoGo, we'd been waiting for matchmaking for a long time. When it came out with legendaries as rewards this was lots of fun to play. The leagues were fun however ranking changes were needed which is being tried this month. Sadly the reward pool has suffered a lot but this is a much needed part of the game overall. Rating - Good

    Paid events The first paid research happened in 2019 for regigigas, I didn't buy this as I had no way to do the legendary raids needed to complete it. Niantic stepped up these events in 2020 beginning with genesect which I very much regret buying. They then increased these events with one every community day, mr mime and the upcoming paywalled shiny mew.
    Go fest was an exception as this was changed very well for covid giving everyone the chance to experience this great event. Niantic are really going hard on this lately and it's worrying to see many Pokemon locked behind these paywalls. Niantic are clearly lining their wallets with these events and have no intention to stop which makes me worried for 2021.
    Rating - Very Bad

    Remote raiding By far the standout update for this year. Remote raiding was huge as it was finally a real fix for the rural problem that Niantic has failed to address since the start of the game. Suddenly solo players were able to do raids and get legendary consistently, which was further helped by the scrapping of tier 4 raids.
    Rating - Excellent

    Covid changes These changes were a welcome release to make the game covid friendly during the pandemic. Niantic did very well adapting the game however they rolled them back far too early while most of the world was entering their second wave of the virus. Rating - Good

    Mega evolution This has been well documented on this sub so I won't go into too much detail here but this system is essentially a giant cash grab. Niantic have half heartedly tried to improve this system but are adamant not to change the overall problem Rating - Awful

    AR Mapping A pretty underused update to the game, I have only recently started using it due to the better rewards during recent events. This feature doesn't add a lot to the game but also doesn't do any harm. Rating - Decent

    Pokemon Home integration This was a long awaited update and was an overall success with trainers finally able to move their excess shinies and legendaries to other games. Also everyone can now access Melton boxes which is also long awaited. Rating - Good

    Level Cap Increase This has been rumoured for a long time and we finally have it. The tasks to level up can be time consuming and challenging as they should be and XL candy allows us to power up our Pokemon even further.
    Rating - Good

    Overall I think the gameplay day to day is much more fun and inclusive than last year, largely due to remote raiding. However Niantics current behaviour on paid events, megas and paywalled Pokemon is a major cause for concern and I believe Niantic is taking a game which I loves down a worrying direction.

    submitted by /u/Historical-Brick-789
    [link] [comments]

    Pikachu’s a jerk

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 03:22 AM PST

    Team Rocket ��’s photo bomb ��

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 04:16 AM PST

    Got back-to-back shiny shadows from Jessie and James

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 04:49 AM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/JHEwdIU.jpg

    So yesterday when the "Team Rocket Balloons featuring Jessie and James appear more frequently" event was coming closer and closer to an end, I decided to fight one just cause I was bored and no pokemon were spawning around me.

    Both Jessie's Scyther and James' Pinsir were shiny for me.

    Merry Christmas to me haha

    submitted by /u/seth1299
    [link] [comments]

    A Christmas Miracle

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 11:46 PM PST

    Yesterday I caught a vanillite using only 1 normal poke ball. No berries, just that one ball and caught him on the first throw.

    So yeah, miracles do happen and merry Xmas everybody.

    submitted by /u/jomarthecat
    [link] [comments]

    Late features that don't even work.

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 09:43 PM PST

    You know Niantic, it's great that you released the ability to sort by people who can actually receive gifts. Even if it's 4 years late. Whats the point of it if it doesn't even work though? If I had believed it then only 2 of my 103 friends actually would be able to receive a gift from me. I then sorted by people who had recently sent me gifts and lost count of how many friends I was actually able to send gifts to. At first I thought maybe it was a hiccup and if they had sent you a gift the game wouldn't correctly register that I can send them a gift. Then I decided to flip through all of my friends and I again lost count of how many friends I found that I actually could send gifts to. So again Niantic, what is the point of a game feature if it doesn't even work?

    submitted by /u/TonyRednil
    [link] [comments]

    I caught my second shiny legendary last night!

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 06:13 AM PST

    Anyone else wish there was a Stud Battle League?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 06:45 AM PST

    Kind of like Stud Poker, where one has to play the 5 cards dealt without being able to get new cards. A Stud Battle League would be one where you have to play the Pokémon in the order you select without being able to switch out for the other two. A new Pokémon can't come in until the one in the battle faints. Anyone like this idea?

    submitted by /u/aSsOUL_
    [link] [comments]

    Is this just me?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 06:11 AM PST

    I have done 120 team rocket battles and I have not found a single shiny. I just wanted to know if this was normal, or if I have super bad luck.

    submitted by /u/TheLuckyClover22314
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck on field research

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 05:15 AM PST

    Anyone else stuck on their field research? I have a "reward" Lapras that won't go in a pokeball no matter what I do and my "reward" for catching ten ice Pokémon is a vanillite that also won't go in a pokeball. 20 wasted on these two. Now I'm stuck. I'm in an area on lockdown and no poke stop nearby but my sister and mother told me that poke stops are worthless these days for pokeballs.

    At this point I'm just hatching eggs and walking Pokémon for candy, since there isn't anything else I can do. Anyone else in this boat?

    submitted by /u/nevadagrl435
    [link] [comments]

    What happened to nanaberries???

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 09:33 PM PST

    My apologies if this has been asked before. It's just that I've looked around online and haven't found a clear answer. Now, I'm definitely more of a casual player. But, I've started to get back into it a lot more in recent months. And since then, I think I've only ever gotten 2 nanaberries in all. I've spun plenty of pokestops, sent/received plenty of gifts, completed plenty of research tasks etc. But I've only gotten 2. Can someone explain what happened to them?

    submitted by /u/blackwellsucks
    [link] [comments]

    Pokemon get head injuries and can't evolve?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 01:46 AM PST

    About half the pokemon I catch these days seem to have gotten a head injury, because they have a band aid on the head. And they can't evolve?

    Is this related to the cartoons or something? I don't get it.

    submitted by /u/MummiPazuzu
    [link] [comments]

    remote raid help!

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 06:01 AM PST

    hey all! i've been using pokemon go for about a year now, but i've just started to get interested in raids. looking to catch more powerful and rare pokemon, but i'm not sure how to go about joining others/inviting others to raid. my pokemon get wiped out relatively quickly when i'm trying to battle alone. does anyone know of any updated guides that will help? thanks!

    submitted by /u/Physical_Sea_9858
    [link] [comments]

    SHINY CELEBI!!!

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 03:51 AM PST

    So I had just destroyed Jessie and James and was just claiming my encounter awards when it said I have to be in AR mode to catch it, and I thought that it was a bit strange. UNTIL I SAW A SHINY CELEBI. I couldn't believe that I will get a Celebi after a mere two weeks of playing! I feel so lucky!

    submitted by /u/GmerxDa364
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment