• Breaking News

    Saturday, April 24, 2021

    Pokémon GO - Goodbye Gym! Thank you for hosting my mons for almost over 2 years!

    Pokémon GO - Goodbye Gym! Thank you for hosting my mons for almost over 2 years!


    Goodbye Gym! Thank you for hosting my mons for almost over 2 years!

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 08:05 PM PDT

    I was fortunate to work next to a museum that was closed to the public 5 days a week. I was able to access the gym from our parking lot. Hence why I was able to rack so much time in that gym. Today was our last day at the building, so I said my goodbyes and thank yous for the countless items you provided!

    https://imgur.com/a/K58jsdy

    submitted by /u/TheBeardedNerd
    [link] [comments]

    My haiku to Trubbish

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 09:23 PM PDT

    I had an inspirational moment today, so I wrote a poem.

    Trubbish, sack of trash

    Why are you so far away

    All my balls fall short

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Robots_Eat_Children
    [link] [comments]

    Why Sustainability Week Failed: Niantic and Lack of Clarity

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 07:35 PM PDT

    *This was originally posted over on r/TheSilphRoad but was removed by the moderators.

    Okay, "Failed" might be a bit premature, since the Sustainability Week Event hasn't concluded as of yet, but given how things are going, at least in terms of reaching and unlocking the different Tier Rewards, I think it's safe to say that Sustainability Week has been less than successful.

    Aside from the fact that we're still in the middle of a pandemic and many places are still in lockdown or have restrictions on outside / social activities, I believe the biggest reason why the event failed is due to Niantic's lack of clarity on not only what players need to do for the event, but also how they would even go about finding the information.

    On the surface, you'd think it would be pretty straightforward. You launch Pokémon GO, maybe the notification pops up in-game or maybe you go looking for it in 'News'. Either way, you probably dismiss it, because the Today View gives you a brief rundown of what's in the Event. In any case, you might think that's it, and there's nothing more to it. Just complete the Research and you're done. But if you want more info, like exactly what kinds of Pokémon will be appearing, you'll have to go to the News article, so you go there, to the "In Partnership with the Niantic Sustainability Campaign," etc. post, which tells you that Binacle is the featured Pokémon, and that you can unlock exclusive rewards by completing certain sustainability-related goals. Sounds cool. Play Pokémon GO, help out the environment. It's a win-win.

    So what do you need to do? What are the sustainability-related goals? The post doesn't tell you, instead directing you to the "Pokémon GO Live blog", so you tap on the link they provide, which takes you to the blog post. This gives you more clear Event details (such as its duration, more specifics on what Pokémon will be appearing – as well as the first mention that Shiny Trubbish will be available) and what the different Tier Unlock criteria and rewards are for the Niantic Sustainability Campaign: stuff like more Five-Star Raids, free Remote Raid Passes, and 2x Catch XP. Pretty nice stuff.

    Okay, but how do you unlock them? Well, for details on that, you have to go to the link they've provided that takes you to the "Niantic Labs" blog, so you tap on that to get taken to a post which explains what the Niantic Sustainability Campaign is for those that might be unfamiliar with it, while not really explaining the specifics on what players need to do. Instead, it implores you to check out their website, which they've linked, so you tap on that link, and that link finally takes you to the page on Niantic's Sustainability Campaign that actually gives you instructions on what you need to do to participate and help unlock the different Tier Rewards.

    And now you actually have to do it to get the rewards.

    This is absolutely insane. You haven't even started doing anything yet, and you've had to jump through multiple blog posts and websites to get any sort of information on the extra stuff to do with the Sustainability Week Event. You might get to this point and decide that, because the event requires you to use Social Media, that you'd rather not participate in the event. That's fine. It's a personal thing, and Niantic can very easily scale back the amount of participation required for the rewards, or artificially inflate the numbers to reach whatever goal they want, so the amount of players participating really doesn't matter at the end of the day.

    The biggest issue for me is how much effort you have to go to, to get the information you want. Niantic sequestered away the most important information, putting up multiple hoops that players have to jump through to even know what they have to do. It's like you're trying to put together a piece of furniture, but the instructions are hidden in all of these different places, so you have to go and track down all of the instructions yourself before you can start putting it together. It's just totally perplexing. I cannot understand how Niantic could look at this and think it's straightforward. You would have already lost people with having to get them to check the 'News' tab, and you lose several more people along the way with how needlessly convoluted a simple explanation needs to be. Then you lose a whole chunk more of players because they don't want to be posting things to Social Media.

    Niantic needs to be clearer with future events, especially ones with more real-world or external (Social Media) interaction. It doesn't need to be as difficult as this. It shouldn't be as difficult as this. I'm having a hard time understanding the thought process behind this, and it's not a surprise at all that the Sustainability Week failed.

    TL;DR: Sustainability Week Event is confusing. Just put all the relevant info in the News tab or something, my goodness!

    submitted by /u/KylJak
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you Friendship Day

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 04:14 AM PDT

    Been waiting with my brother for this event to increase our chances...

    https://i.imgur.com/w96LpgR.jpg

    submitted by /u/Dirty_Toenails
    [link] [comments]

    I know you guys are tired of bragging, but look at this. No need to get jealous, you’ll get there eventually.

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 07:15 AM PDT

    Behold my pride and my joy. Behold the monster who will destroy all gyms, all raids, all dreams. Behold your worst nightmare and your perfect dream.

    Behold!

    submitted by /u/Kokkelim0nke
    [link] [comments]

    Finally reached level 40 today!

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 04:24 AM PDT

    Started playing 14/07/2016 (day 1 in UK) and came back a couple of years ago, after about 9 months away from the game. So pleased to finally hit level 40!

    Just wanted to share my happiness, hope you all have a great weekend!

    submitted by /u/Rose-N-Stars
    [link] [comments]

    Can we have these friendship mini events once every 2-3 months?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 05:07 AM PDT

    I am loving this mini event, especially all this xp. I'm level 39, trying to get to 40 and being able to get over 6,000 xp with an excellent curve throw and lucky egg is amazing. Maybe alternate between stardust and xp and maybe have a different type each one

    submitted by /u/PokeHobnobGod21
    [link] [comments]

    Friendship event

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 10:27 PM PDT

    TLDR: 52020 xp for catching one pokemon

    I set a reminder a week out not to catch any pokemon to time my 7 day steak during the friendship event. That bonus along with a lucky egg and 3x catch xp brought my grand total to 52020 for catching one pokemon. It was also my first throw and excellent! Sadly the event is already over for me. +6000 xp per pokemon with excellent throws and a lucky egg throughout the event. Looking forward to the next one.

    submitted by /u/DMn7k
    [link] [comments]

    An Ode to Trubbish

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 10:47 AM PDT

    What smell is that, which I detect?

    Whose unkempt visage, do I select?

    Your vile stench I find most pleasing

    When such great stardust you are teasing

    Other 'mons I do ignore

    For you to spawn, I do implore

    Come find me soon, my sweet trash bag

    So I may find your shining swag

    submitted by /u/youarefartnews
    [link] [comments]

    Why did we still only get get 1 special trade on friendship Day?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 07:07 AM PDT

    As title says, bit disappointed that on friendship 'day' we still only have 1 special trade available especially seeing that the trade distances were extended could we not have had 5-10? Bit of a wasted opportunity in my opinion.

    submitted by /u/TwoSips
    [link] [comments]

    Souvenirs are so lame

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 03:02 PM PDT

    I'm down for the heart to be better buddies but it just doesn't seem to fit sometimes. I have a 4k cp Mewtwo as my buddy that is just capable of massive destruction, mind control and is just all around super powerful and it wanders around to find and bring me a pretty leaf... Like really??? That was the best you could do Mewtwo???

    submitted by /u/MarsStonks
    [link] [comments]

    What is the default tool for wool?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 01:35 PM PDT

    I'm creating a underground pasture for my cows to live so I can later slaughter them with my fire aspect II sword so I can later consume their cooked meat for sustenance. I've created a wheat farm in it and a tree that leads above the pasture to a skeleton spawned. I just now need white wool for clouds. I just wanna know what the default tool for wool is.

    submitted by /u/bootybomber1000
    [link] [comments]

    Lucky egg with gifts

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 08:01 AM PDT

    I have so many gifts to open but I want to use my lucky egg wisely. Would I be able to open all my gifts and then use a lucky egg right after and still get double exp for leveling up with friends?

    submitted by /u/Abject_Ad8953
    [link] [comments]

    11 year old me thinks this Voltorb is pretty funny

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 07:48 AM PDT

    (voltorb)[https://imgur.com/gallery/5KSbXrp]

    I have no idea how to edit things on reddit

    submitted by /u/PotterSauce
    [link] [comments]

    Friendship day not working?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 07:34 AM PDT

    It is just past 1130 where I am from and my friendship day event has still not activated. My time zone is set to automatic and I have never had an event not start on time. Anyone else experiencing this? Or anyone have any ideas?

    submitted by /u/terrygully
    [link] [comments]

    People that have already done freindship day

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 07:20 AM PDT

    For those of you that don't see oddish that often like never did you happen to see any today for friendship day I'd like to know because I need oddish thank you very much I appreciate it.

    submitted by /u/crepdet
    [link] [comments]

    event trade boost dependant on distance?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 07:09 AM PDT

    so we could trade up to a distance of 40 kilometers. my friend and i traded about 90 pokemons next to each other and got 8 lucky pokemon. then i had to catch the train and our distance got farther by the second. suddenly i had out of 10 trades 4 lucky pokemon whilst trading in the train with my homie beeing at home. anybody had experienced the same? or does anybody know if distance boosts the chances of lucky pokemon?

    submitted by /u/biggestjean
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t open the app any more.

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 07:06 AM PDT

    I mean it opens fine, I just don't want to open it. Help me figure out why?

    • my mon box is always full
    • catch 5 delete 5
    • fomo lucky mons
    • are IVs important? Idk better only delete 0,1,2 stars
    • remote raid passes cost money despite a pandemic
    • weather getting nice again
    • stuck at level 41 after I walked eevee 14 km and it turned into another Flareon.
    • pvp is winner take all and losing sucks, my life doesn't have 90 seconds uninterrupted maybe ever - makes it terrible to play psychologically, even if I win. (Personal / subjective)

    - events behind paywalls, I buy the ticket but can't find enough of whatever dumb thing the task is for, usually balloons.

    What else ? Help me get my Ash Ketchum spirit back.

    submitted by /u/Downvote_the_police
    [link] [comments]

    Rocket Leader Appearance Rotation?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 07:01 AM PDT

    I'm currently working on "An Inter-egg-sting Development (4/6)" to defeat each of the three leaders. Before the temporary removal of the grunts I defeated Arlo. Now that the grunts have returned and I've gotten the components to make another radar, I've only been encountering Arlo. In an attempt to not waste my radar I've been skipping the battle with him.

    My question is, have I just been unlucky in my encounters as I've now ran into him exclusively the last five balloons I've checked? Or is there a rotation or something to how the leaders show up and he needs to be defeated in order for me to encounter the other two?

    Thanks for any information.

    submitted by /u/GnarlesBronsonn
    [link] [comments]

    I think ditto raids would be a cool feature to add in Pokemon go

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 06:40 AM PDT

    See you hop into a ditto raid but the catch is, you don't know the level yet so it could range from 5 to 1, you don't know how prepared you need to be. I know people still have the "catch a ditto" challenge so this could be way to help with that. The ditto could turn into one of the current pokemon in raids.

    submitted by /u/MrMeatballs360
    [link] [comments]

    Lando help

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 05:49 AM PDT

    I have done 5 raids using my remote raid passes and I still can't catch lando. I have never been so annoyed in my life. Half of the permier balls I throw are either great or excellent with a golden razz each time. I just can't catch it. Is there currently like a big or something with lando. I've run out of pokecoins and I'm only will to buy 1 more batch of 100 coins so I can buy another raid pass... am I wasting my time or am I just very unlucky?

    submitted by /u/George_L-E
    [link] [comments]

    How good is Mega Sceptile?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 05:46 AM PDT

    I got a 100% Lucky Treeko through traiding today and I'm waiting for the special move to evolve it. So i was wondering how good Mega Sceptile actually is.

    submitted by /u/Impossible-Net2494
    [link] [comments]

    Sustainability week idea: why not promote recycling?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 10:09 AM PDT

    I'm big on gifting, and not so big on having hundreds of pokeballs in my inventory. I'm big on raids and gym battling, and no so big on having Nanab berries around. And for everyone, varying playing styles consistently create friction between what you need vs what you have - which makes the game challenging, but it epitomizes a lost opportunity for activities this week.

    Niantic, it would've been super neat if you promoted recycling (aka trading) by allowing players to trade excess items for something that the player would actually want (e.g. "Recycle 5 pokeballs for a gift", "Recycle 10 Nanab berries for a Remote Raid Pass") as part of the Sustainability Week activities. I'm tired of dumping pokeballs so I can spin more pokestops (think of the digital e-waste!) and I'm sure players would've loved to jumped on this!

    submitted by /u/thedominoeffect_
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment