• Breaking News

    Monday, April 26, 2021

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - April 2021

    Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - April 2021


    Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - April 2021

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 01:00 AM PDT

    Rules

    Bugs

    Instruction Manual


    Useful Links


    I'm sick of the memes here, I want the discussion posts!

    try http://nr.reddit.com/r/pokemongo for desktop users or this for mobile/app users.


    Niantic support : https://support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/hc/en-us

    /r/PokemonGO FAQ: /r/PokemonGo/wiki/FAQ


    There's this Pokéstop/Gym near me which seems inappropriate. Can I report it?

    Use this link. However, Niantic seems to be preoccupied with other things now, so don't expect too much.

    We have Niantic representatives on both here and /r/TheSilphRoad - please do not ping them for bugs which are in the known issues page unless you have found a niche yet gamebreaking issue/exploit.


    Where can I find other players in my area?

    Try our regional subreddits list! Also, see the related subreddits or TSR's community map!


    If you have any suggestions for FAQs to append to this thread or for meta questions, message the moderators or mention /u/PokemonGoMods!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    154 Days and Counting

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 03:36 PM PDT

    There is a small park near where my grandparents lived. After my grandma passed in June of last year, I put a Blissey in the Gym by herself to sort of remind me of her. Since then, my grandfather has also passed. I'm so happy that you can feed them berries without being under the gym. Grandma Blissey has gained a Jigglypuff and a Pyroar to keep her company. She has been holding strong for 154 days so far and it just makes me smile every time I see her to give her berries.

    Edit: I just woke up and holy moly, thank you all for the upvotes and the rewards. I never imagined that not only so many people would relate to this story but that so many wanted to hear it's wholesomeness. I will certainly be sending personal thank yous and responses soon.

    She is also getting fed all the berries this morning.

    However, I will say this. Though I am sure there are many of you who have the best of intentions and want to know where the gym is located to add your own Pokémon to it, there are some who want this information to remove her from the gym. Because of this, I will not be sharing the location or name of the gym. I hope you understand.

    submitted by /u/LadySif6030
    [link] [comments]

    Held the same gym for 1332 days in a row

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 05:40 AM PDT

    Noibat almost made me throw my phone

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 12:23 PM PDT

    Okay so some guy left his Noibat in a gym so I wanted to take my minuscule chance of getting a candy from feeding berries.

    The Noibat was in between a Salamence, Espeon and a Snorlax and there was absolute NO WAY of getting to him. I kept switching between those 3 Pokémon, god that was frustrating.

    So screw you Noibat, no berries for you.

    submitted by /u/MikkaDG
    [link] [comments]

    Stardust Guilt

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 08:46 AM PDT

    Anyone else ever impulse-spend your Stardust and then feel remorse or guilt afterwards? Last week I dropped like 40k powering up a Sunflora with super high IVs, then almost immediately was like "what the hell did I do that for?"

    submitted by /u/512damon
    [link] [comments]

    Landorus, Thundurus and the third one

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 12:47 AM PDT

    Am i the only one that is sick and tired of those 3 legendaries ? They're not special, their design isn't that much cool as well and what's worse, especially Landorus is keep spawning as a reward in pvp. He's too tough to catch and it sucks even more because i don't simply want him lol

    submitted by /u/Nargathron666
    [link] [comments]

    0426 “the name contains inappropriate text”

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 06:05 AM PDT

    I use dates as nicknames of my friends to sort out people who wait too long ( > 1 month) to open gifts. Now today (04 26) I noticed that I was not able to enter that as nickname. "The name contains inappropriate text." I cannot find anything on why this is inappropriate on google. The only thing is that it's Melania Trumps birthday.

    submitted by /u/wvdheiden207
    [link] [comments]

    I wish there was an option to send a short message to someone after a pvp battle

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 08:22 AM PDT

    You know the feeling when you've just had a super tense battle, both you and your opponent down to your last Pokémon and both health bars in red, and then one snipes the victory with a last second charged attack? Wouldn't it be nice to be able to say "hey, great match" to them? Or compliment them on a super cool Pokemon they have? Or maybe have the option to add them as a friend?

    I know this could bring a lot of madness. Sentences could be premade, so no one would be able to offend and whatnot.

    Some simple options like: "Great battle" "Nice Pokémon" "Didn't expect that" "Close match" "I want a rematch" or others would be really cool.

    Lots of potential here, I think. Being able to send basic messages to friends would be handy as well.

    Anyway, loads of expansion possibilities to keep everyone active.

    submitted by /u/Info_dweller
    [link] [comments]

    What is the weirdest poke stop you’ve ever visited or received a gift from?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 11:24 PM PDT

    Today I got "Shooting of Hostages" from Croatia in a gift.

    I also have a poke stop near me that's just "American flag trash can." It's a trash can with a painted on American flag; all of the stars are soda can pull tabs.

    submitted by /u/Aldroe
    [link] [comments]

    Does anybody else think XL Candies ruined Ultra League for them?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 12:33 PM PDT

    I personally LOVED playing Ultra League until ... XL Pokémon dominated the Meta. It's become more of a Great League XL and sure it's not fun.

    submitted by /u/Oniiii2020
    [link] [comments]

    Goodbye Castform

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 04:29 PM PDT

    So I was looking through my pokemon and noticed my perfects had gone from five to four. I accidentally got rid of my perfect Castform. I don't even know when or how it happened. I'm so sad.

    Don't mind me, i'll just be in the corner, crying

    Edit: Oh my god, it turns out I accidentally TRADED HIM. I'm so disappointed. I thought I had the O, 1, 2* filter applied. 🥲 No wonder I don't remember transferring a Castform...

    submitted by /u/Rocio4424
    [link] [comments]

    Kanto Day Redemption

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 07:44 AM PDT

    Kanto Day 2021

    An event hardcore and casual Pokemon Hunters looked forward to, C-19 room the world by storm, made it into shit show life changing event.

    People were all over the world safely playing Pokemon Go, catching Shinies they wanted/missed, finding Hundos, those select special few finding Shundos to add to their lists. Just like everyone else, my fiancee and I have had our near perfects, one of us has found shines the other was looking for, the usual crud, but nothing.... Could have been more heart breaking that finding a perfect Diglett.

    The perfect Diglett, one of the select few pokemon my fiancee actually wanted as a perfect, he found it, happiness. We walked around collecting more and more pokemon until our storage was at it's point. My fiancee in the heat of the moment accidentally found himself deleting his perfect Diglett. Heartbroken, we continued the rest of the event, finding a few more Shinies, no more perfects but near perfects are just as well. Slight despair lingering over my fiancee we head home, mass deleting safely, and trading anything we had a surplus of,(Friendship day also sucked, I traded all of my near perfect kantos to him and couldn't get him even a decent lucky to use...andwe only managed a handful of Lucky's, he got two perfects and I got jack sh--).

    Today we wake up and collected our weekly miles, and as his first pokemon of choice for the day..... Was a Diglett, a KANTO Diglett.... "REDEMPTION!!!" Echoed through my neighborhood, my fiancee showed me with glee his Diglett has come back! He fought away from the Professors grinding machine, he dug past all the grunt, leaders, trainers, the bastard dug himself around the world looking for my fiancee, he dug and dug and dug his little Diglett heart out until he came back to my fiancee, nestled safely under the Star of Favorites he will no longer be harmed, no longer fearing accidentally being sent back to the Professor.

    REDEMPTION.

    submitted by /u/SkitzoTripp
    [link] [comments]

    cliff’s aerodactyl has a cp of almost 6k???

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 04:47 AM PDT

    i can't beat cliff. like it's always 3-0 for him because his aerodactyl is so op? i used to be able to beat him kind of easily, but not anymore. does anyone have some tips?

    submitted by /u/-beehaw-
    [link] [comments]

    Any penalties for lying to the pokemon scan tasks?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 12:42 AM PDT

    Sometimes, when I get a scan pokestop field research, I scan the floor by moving side to side because I don't want to appear sketchy videotaping some public property or church. Somehow this counts for the game and I complete the task, but I am not actually scanning the intended target. Is there a penalty for this?

    submitted by /u/hoenndex
    [link] [comments]

    Should I Purify my Shadow Pupitar or are these IVs good enough?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 07:52 AM PDT

    Title says it all Do I purify of just put more candies into him as a shadow?

    submitted by /u/Chinook-TMYS
    [link] [comments]

    90 Raids and no shiny����

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 12:26 AM PDT

    I have been grinding so hard for a shiny Venusaur.... I have done 90 raids, when adding together the raids from this time and last time Mega Venusaur was in raids, but I have had no luck. I am so close to giving up hope and I'm even convinced that I am cursed with not being able to get a shiny Venusaur. Anybody else have a similar problem?

    Edit: My 91st raid I got a shiny Venusaur, the curse has been lifted, thank you Reddit Gods 👍

    submitted by /u/cgutierrez22
    [link] [comments]

    I'm sorry, my efforts have done what now?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 03:35 PM PDT

    I only recently learned that apparently Niantic had several sustainability goals that players could work towards. I wish they made these easier to learn about in game. PGO Players unlock more 5star Raids

    submitted by /u/Fishhunterx
    [link] [comments]

    There’s a lot of complaints about the game recently; what ONE suggestion do you think would dramatically improve gameplay?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 01:51 PM PDT

    I would personally like to see more unique raids, not just Landorus every single time. How about you?

    submitted by /u/RichPanini
    [link] [comments]

    eggs/buddy not tracking distance

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 08:43 AM PDT

    For the last two weeks, none of my eggs and my buddy have been going up in distance. I even turned my adventure sync on and at the end of every week it tells me i've walked several kilometers but nothing ever goes up. does anyone know why?

    submitted by /u/Big-Man-E
    [link] [comments]

    Catching Cliff's Shadow Aerodactyl

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 08:38 AM PDT

    Is there some kind of trick or gimmick to catching this bugger that I'm just not savvy to?

    It seems like on the rare occasions that the darn thing isn't spending 4 hours floating up at the top of the screen out of reach, it's perpetually attacking faster than my ball can get to it!

    Does anyone ever actually catch this thing? Got any tips?

    Sincerely,

    -A guy on step 8/9 of Let's GO, Meltan

    submitted by /u/bobbledoggy
    [link] [comments]

    DEAR NIANTIC - ideas and suggestions for the devs

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 01:00 AM PDT

    Hey Niantic! You guys made a game we all have a lot of feelings about...and this is our spot to express those feelings and make some statements about ways we think the game could be even better for us - and by extension, you!

    If you want to complain about the game in a less constructive way please do so in the Salty Sunday - Rage Rants and complaints thread.

    Here you will find ideas and suggestions - a mix of the positive posts and constructive criticism that reddit's Pokemon Go community have compiled and discussed and up/downvoted by importance and validity for us all. If there's one post on /r/pokemongo you guys should be paying attention to, it's this one, so please do.


    Hey /r/PokemonGo Trainers! This recurring monthly post is for you guys. Sort posts by "top" to see what has been voted most important so far, but consider sorting by "new" as well to weigh in on the most recent ideas!

    Please pay attention to the /r/PokemonGo rules for commenting behavior and civility, and use the report button when necessary to alert the mods to any post or thread that needs a review!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Some achievement questions.

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 08:29 AM PDT

    Im level 44 and still have some question i cant find online.

    When going after the battle girl medal what counts as a gym win? Ie each of the 3 rounds per character, taking out and entire person, or clearing the entire gym?

    Do trades count towards the catch a certain type medals?

    For the pilot medal does the distance of my trade count for me, them, or both of us?

    Thank you for any help.

    submitted by /u/The_Glassfields
    [link] [comments]

    Forever loading problem

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 04:43 AM PDT

    I need help, whenever I try to log into pokemon go I put the correct thing the when I hit login it loads forever I one time kept it for a day and it was still loading please help

    submitted by /u/hoopa_wael
    [link] [comments]

    Lag in pvp

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 08:26 AM PDT

    Is lag switching possible in this game? In some matches like near the end or at a turning point of the match all of a sudden the game lags and shows no one attacking and all of a sudden he/she get a charged move and my quick attacks never registered but theirs did and they turn the fight using double charged moves like weather ball, I've also had times were I see them fast attacking and I'm spamming my screen to fast attack but my Pokémon does nothing and shows the lag with the white poke ball spinning but I see my opponent still fast attacking and using moves?? Like what's going on and no it's not my wifi or my cell data because I see it really only happens in key moments and it's a little SUS since the majority of the fight was flawless no lag then all of a sudden key moment I'm lagging?

    submitted by /u/majorrundown
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know if a female Charizard is needed to fill in the dex spot on Mega Pokedex?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 08:18 AM PDT

    Am trying to complete the mega dex. I've just noticed that all of my mega pokemon listed in the MEGA dex only list one gender. In fact, they are all male. I've never kept track of gender for any Pokemon unless it was required to obtain a certain evolution (like female Combee). Do other trainers have all 4 circles filled in for each entry? (male, shiny male, female, shiny female) ?

    submitted by /u/dare978devil
    [link] [comments]

    redownloaded the game and I live right next to a pokestop!

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 06:46 PM PDT

    I recently redownloaded the game and I found out I lived right next to a pokestop! (I hade the game in 2016 but I only had an iPod so I couldn't really play the game outside my house lol) none of my friends really play the game so I keep collecting all these presents and I was wondering if anyone wanted them? I'm not sure if they are actually valuable in like end game stuff so if they are I'd like to give them out to people that might need them, but if not I might as well delete them.

    submitted by /u/how_is_it_going
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment