• Breaking News

    Monday, May 3, 2021

    Pokémon GO - DEAR NIANTIC - ideas and suggestions for the devs

    Pokémon GO - DEAR NIANTIC - ideas and suggestions for the devs


    DEAR NIANTIC - ideas and suggestions for the devs

    Posted: 03 May 2021 01:00 AM PDT

    Hey Niantic! You guys made a game we all have a lot of feelings about...and this is our spot to express those feelings and make some statements about ways we think the game could be even better for us - and by extension, you!

    If you want to complain about the game in a less constructive way please do so in the Salty Sunday - Rage Rants and complaints thread.

    Here you will find ideas and suggestions - a mix of the positive posts and constructive criticism that reddit's Pokemon Go community have compiled and discussed and up/downvoted by importance and validity for us all. If there's one post on /r/pokemongo you guys should be paying attention to, it's this one, so please do.


    Hey /r/PokemonGo Trainers! This recurring monthly post is for you guys. Sort posts by "top" to see what has been voted most important so far, but consider sorting by "new" as well to weigh in on the most recent ideas!

    Please pay attention to the /r/PokemonGo rules for commenting behavior and civility, and use the report button when necessary to alert the mods to any post or thread that needs a review!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    My Metagross is slightly smaller than average...

    Posted: 02 May 2021 04:43 PM PDT

    Poor guy

    I almost didn't notice it at first. It's ok buddy, I still think you're cool.

    submitted by /u/I_am_TK421
    [link] [comments]

    Pokemon only show up after you need them!?

    Posted: 03 May 2021 05:06 AM PDT

    Does anybody else notice that when you fully evolve a pokemon suddenly you get a bunch of spawns of its lower evolutions? I have spent the last few months trying to fully evolve frokie slowly because it never spawns but since the other day when I fully evolved it I have encountered at least 10.

    submitted by /u/IzzyAmon
    [link] [comments]

    Need Gyrados for Mew research, cant decide which Magikarp to evolve

    Posted: 03 May 2021 06:29 AM PDT

    So I still don't totally get the stat mechanics in this game, especially how to determine when to take level over IVs and how shadow mons play a role.

    I had thought I was pretty set in who I wanted to evolve, I caught a 15/9/14 one the other day that's level 18 but I just now caught a shadow Magikarp with 11/11/7 at level 13.

    Obviously I'll be spending a lot of candy after I use the 400 to evolve for leveling, so I want to make the right choice. Is the shadow bonus strong enough to outweigh the 5 level gap and the IV loss?

    submitted by /u/apunkgaming
    [link] [comments]

    Is a gotcha worth it?

    Posted: 03 May 2021 04:04 AM PDT

    I was wondering if getting a gotcha is worth it? It apparently only throws normal pokeballs and does not curveball. Also if it is worth it should I just buy the gotcha evolved?

    submitted by /u/Azrael1256
    [link] [comments]

    My First Shiny Legendary Pokemon��‼️

    Posted: 03 May 2021 08:03 AM PDT

    What was everybodys first Shiny Rare Pokemon they got? Let me see some pretty ones‼️😎 SHINE

    submitted by /u/Mattyslur
    [link] [comments]

    What is your favorite easy to get allrounder?

    Posted: 03 May 2021 05:05 AM PDT

    I like my vaporeon a lot, she has 215 hp so thats great for battle, she is super fast and eevee is easy to find. What is your favorite easy to get but strong and useable pokemon?

    submitted by /u/KnetW
    [link] [comments]

    Perhaps my best week of pogo, and pretty pleased with it.

    Posted: 02 May 2021 07:06 PM PDT

    Had a crazy string of luck these past 4-5 days. Total finds have been 2 hatched Axews, 1 hatched Deino, shadow magikarp, shiny magikarp, wild noibat and a shiny shadow carvanha. It's also been my most active week, physically, with anywhere between 4-7 miles walked/biked daily - so it feels pretty good to have that kind of rewarding luck accompanying the increased physical efforts.

    Still no hundo nor did I get a shiny smeargle but honestly I'm pretty pumped about the luck I did get and looking forward to what luck may come next.

    submitted by /u/Relleck_ENI
    [link] [comments]

    Future of Battle League

    Posted: 03 May 2021 04:44 AM PDT

    Although I love pokemon, there isn't a lot to do in Pokemon Go, especially if you live in the country side. That limit of 5 sets of battles in battle league is a bit frustating. I wish we could have all the battles we want every day. That's my favourite part of the game, apart from catching my favourite pokemon. They could have the normal rewards for the first five sets and after that we would receive 100 stardust per battle, but we'd battle as much as we want. This way it would still limit the amount of good rewards we could get, whilst giving a small incentive to carry on further.

    submitted by /u/lordpaiva
    [link] [comments]

    2 100iv Magikarps!

    Posted: 02 May 2021 08:31 PM PDT

    I caught a 100iv Magikarp ~2 months ago and evolved it into a Gyrados and I just caught another hundo Magikarp in my front yard!!!

    submitted by /u/IneffableRed_
    [link] [comments]

    First 100% IV

    Posted: 02 May 2021 08:40 PM PDT

    https://i.imgur.com/qwVYlyv.jpg

    Been playing for a few weeks now and thought I'd share my 100% IV Cherrim

    submitted by /u/Shadowking_XIII
    [link] [comments]

    When will Feebas be in the wild?

    Posted: 03 May 2021 03:38 AM PDT

    So I recently got to part 2/7 in the Thousand Year Slumber special research. Completing the first part gave me a feebas, which I transfered because I had already evolved one. But now, in part 2, I need to evolve another one. Does anyone know when he'll be back in the wild?

    submitted by /u/Lady_Ice1365
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know why there are so many spawn points at my house in the middle of nowhere?

    Posted: 03 May 2021 06:14 AM PDT

    My parents live in the woods where there's barely cell service and I get an outrageous amount of spawns regularly. I don't think it always used to be like this, I remember coming out in the early days of Pokémon go and getting excited when I saw one. It wasn't until recently that I discovered their house turned into a gold mine.

    Here's a krabby rave for scale from a spotlight awhile back

    Also, as soon as you leave the area the spawns go back to normal. At the end of the driveway I normally would get one if any. Anyone know why this is?

    submitted by /u/StoreBrandWaffle
    [link] [comments]

    When (not) to purify what Pokemon?

    Posted: 03 May 2021 03:54 AM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    I started playing a few weeks ago and I'm starting to have tons of questions!

    So, regarding shadow pokemon. I have a 13/13/15 magikarp, and a shadow magikarp with the same IV. I am wondering whether to purify it.

    First, what I think is correct (arguments in favor of purifying):

    1. If I purify the magikarp, it'll have max IV.
    2. Purifying makes things cheaper (higher base CP, cheaper to evolve)
    3. I get rid of frustration.
    4. I can do the mega evolution.

    I have a lot more question marks regarding the advantages of not purifying (not necessarily concerning to this particular magikarp):

    1. A shadow pokemon has +%attack and -%defense. This is probably good for raids (as pokemon dying doesn't really matter, dps does).For what Pokemon is a shadow version considered to be better in a PvP setting?
    2. Getting rid of frustration seems to be less trivial than simply using a charge TM, right? How exactly do you get rid of frustration?
    3. Follow-up question to frustration: Gyarados can simply learn a second attack, and as long as that is the "best" one / the one I want, so: Under the premise that I only want one attack, is there any disadvantage to also have frustration still? Are there any advantages to having frustration?
    4. I understand that having two different attacks that are both good can be useful, so Gyarados-specific: does Gyarados' moveset profit a lot from having two attacks?
    5. How relevant is having two attacks in PvP in contrast to PvE? I guess it can be a lot more useful in PvP, because they can have different types/speeds so you can react better? Are there any advantages in PvE situations?

    tl;dr: If I purify this magikarp, will I ever say to myself "Man, I wish this perfect Gyarados was a shadow pokemon"?

    (I am not really the kind of collector who 'wants to have a shadow Gyarados just for the sake of having it' - if it's worse, I don't want it :P)

    submitted by /u/lurgold
    [link] [comments]

    After two years of playing I finally caught my first perfect IV!

    Posted: 02 May 2021 03:34 PM PDT

    Happy to have finally got one. I just wish there was a better indicator when catching them so it was quicker to tell rather than inspecting each Pokemon caught.

    https://imgur.com/a/Qhui4CX

    submitted by /u/IGame4Charity56
    [link] [comments]

    What are the odds of catching thundurus?

    Posted: 03 May 2021 05:55 AM PDT

    I have defeated him 7 times now with around 13 pokeballs each time and used golden rasberrys every time, mostly great throws and the mofo wont be caught.

    submitted by /u/MrLackypie
    [link] [comments]

    How do I improve my aim

    Posted: 03 May 2021 05:38 AM PDT

    For some reason I can't catch legendary Pokémon I am aware that they are rare and that some of them are only attainable through doing a raid battle however I've been doing the circle like method and then the regular method for a while when I fail to do the circle like method because it's too far to do it I go for the regular method and then I managed to hit them but they always manage to escape And they always getting nice and excellent for us yet they still keep the ball I don't know how to catch them at this point I don't know how lucky I am to even have two legendary's at this point.

    submitted by /u/BeastModeWulf
    [link] [comments]

    Go battle league reward

    Posted: 03 May 2021 03:20 AM PDT

    I have a thunderous as a reward for winning 3 in GBL, if I don't catch it and wait until tomorrow will it be Xerneas or will it stay as thunderous ?

    submitted by /u/Kiltedkatcherr
    [link] [comments]

    Somehow got a picture of Smeargle by its self

    Posted: 02 May 2021 05:47 PM PDT

    Thought it made a decent lock screen . I'd probably make it my wallpaper but it's way too bright! Still thought it was fun though.

    Hope everyone caught plenty shiny smeargles!

    submitted by /u/dpforest
    [link] [comments]

    Coin Glitch?

    Posted: 03 May 2021 08:06 AM PDT

    Late Friday night my husband and I drove around and put our Pokémon in gyms. Each of us put about 7 up total.

    Saturday and Sunday as they're getting knocked out, I check my coin balance and it hasn't changed. I mention it to my husband and he said it might need a minute so I log out and don't think of it. Today my last one gets knocked out with 50 coins and my total doesn't change again. I messaged Niantic. Anyone else had this happen?

    submitted by /u/mvrb0r0
    [link] [comments]

    Is Maxing Out My Therian Landorus Worth It

    Posted: 03 May 2021 12:29 AM PDT

    I've got 148 rare candy I need to clear out, and if i use it on my therian lando i can max it out would it be worth it?

    The only other legendaries I got are shadow zapdos and moltres, lugia, and the rest of the weather trio

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/PhageScape
    [link] [comments]

    Do you think pangoro will have potential to break into or even break the master league meta when pancham goes into raids and it becomes available?

    Posted: 03 May 2021 07:58 AM PDT

    Ok so if you were unaware, pancham is coming to 3 star raids very soon meaning that practically everyone who wants one even players in more rual areas who have to solo raids will have acess to it. And if you are a rual player who desprately needs another pokemon for master league, i strongly suggest you take full advantage and do as many raids as you can once it drops since Pancham evolves into pangoro, a dark and fighting type pokemon with a lvl 40 100% cp pangoro being 2902 cp and a lvl 51 best buddy xl being 3320 cp. So it is on the low end of what will work in masters but still definitely powerful enough to be viable if just barely.

    Lets look at strengths and weaknesses. It is double weak to fairy type moves (so basically a charmer destroys it) and also weak vs flying and fighting type moves. However, it is strong vs psychic, ghost, and rock type moves as well as double strong vs dark type moves. Its best pvp moveset will likely be snarl, night slash, and close combat.

    I feel like it has serious potential as a lead since it will be able to trump giratina, mewtwo, metagross, melmetal, and dialgia some of the strongest leads in the game and so long as you have a good safe swap to have a relatively neutral matchup vs a charmer, i feel like it could dominate as a lead and completely change the master league meta.

    For a starter, Snarl is tied with bullet seed for third highest energy gain in the game only behind the 3 clones mud shot thunder shock psycho cut and also lock on meaning its an excellent fast move and night slash being low energy cost and relatively energy efficent is very spammy. Sure close combat does lower your defense and isnt super spammy but can definitely hurt a steel type and force shields from them. It will essentially be like a big scrafty although it has more attack weighted stats it still has suprisingly good stamina.

    But what does everyone think? Do you think pangoro has potential to break the master league meta?

    submitted by /u/GalacticGabe
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment