• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 17, 2021

    Pokémon GO - Want to know what’s even better than catching the most wanted pokemon?

    Pokémon GO - Want to know what’s even better than catching the most wanted pokemon?


    Want to know what’s even better than catching the most wanted pokemon?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 06:19 AM PDT

    Even though I've been on Reddit for a while now, I've NEVER posted anything here. But I really wanted to share my greatest achievement which is not catching the most wanted pokemon (boohoo!). So, want to know what it is?

    You can call me crazy af, but for me the biggest win-win was to lose weight while playing Pokemon GO. Yep, you heard me right. Ok, so I've been on the PG fever for a year now, and from the very first day, this game literally sucked me in. You know what I mean. You should know that I've never been a fan of walking. EVER. All my life, I was overweight, and I literally hated myself. I had knee problems because of my weight, I found it hard to breathe while doing that damn grocery shopping. So yeah, any exercise was pure agony for me. But when all the fuss with PG started, I had no other option than to start WALKING.

    So ok, first it started with 3 or 4 days a week walking for half an hour. I noticed that alright, that doesn't piss me off, I love the game, and I'm actually enjoying myself MOVING. Yes, it was hard at first, I had to take a break every few minutes, but it got easier with time. After a month or so, I noticed that not only do I not need to kick myself in the butt to go for a walk, but... I started jogging! And all because I wanted to double my PG catches in one session. I even started planning my exercising routine by adjusting it to the game. Want to catch more pokemon? I'd take my bike. Want to catch ghost pokemon? I'd go on nightly strolls around my neighborhood. Didn't even notice how it extended to 7 days a week.

    After a year of playing, I lost 40 lbs. I'm not sure if I got obsessed with the game or with losing weight. And it doesn't really matter. I'm way healthier now, can walk for hours, don't have knee problems, and doing pretty well with my catches.

    I know I'm not the best writer, but I'm sharing this with you because I can't be the only one with this experience, right? I'd appreciate if you shared similar stories if you have any. And maybe you could suggest more activities while playing PG? I'm going crazy here.

    submitted by /u/kasmusko
    [link] [comments]

    Sometimes I miss the early days of POGO.

    Posted: 16 Jun 2021 08:27 PM PDT

    I was just thinking today about the simplicity and the hype around this game when it came out. No game, in the history of gaming has ever matched its launch and first year. The excitement of running outside with your friends for a golbat is something that will never be topped.

    submitted by /u/Fbean01
    [link] [comments]

    98% Shiny Reg - Today is a good day

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 02:16 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/0PENNL9 Absolutely pumped with this tbh, one of the best shinnies I've ever pulled. Looks so cool !

    submitted by /u/Jek007
    [link] [comments]

    I really wish they’d have more events for region locked Pokémon.

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 12:45 PM PDT

    I know in the past they've done raid events for the Gen 1 region locked Pokémon with GO Tour Kanto being the most recent. But I wish they'd do it more often with the other region locked Pokémon like Corsola or, more specifically in my case, Heracross.

    Just kinda seems weird with a pandemic going on they haven't thought to do those kind of raids in lieu of travel restrictions. Would be kinda cool, Kinda like a summer travel event.

    I know there'll probably be a GO Tour Jhoto event in the future as well as the possibility of Heracross being in raids when it's Mega is released but still seems like a missed opportunity.

    submitted by /u/Lock3N
    [link] [comments]

    I nearly spit out my lunch ��

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 07:57 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/gallery/asT2NUx

    Only my second ever shiny through a hatch, and a good one to boot! From what I heard this one was pretty rare so I am pleasantly surprised I got one 😊

    submitted by /u/rubikso
    [link] [comments]

    I got my favorite pokemon (Regigigas) as a shiny :D

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 11:43 AM PDT

    https://prntscr.com/15q99ta I was raiding to get xl candies to power up my level 40 regigigas I got on my birthday 2 years ago, and then I got this shiny regigigas!

    edit: I forgot to mention this was my first try

    submitted by /u/YasuhosDogJosuke
    [link] [comments]

    This game is so broken right now

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 01:40 AM PDT

    Ever since the last update there are huge issues

    Clicking Pokémon, gyms, stops all crash the game

    Go battle league is unplayable. More so than usual. I can't see who my opponent switches in until after 5 or 6 turns it doesn't show the Pokémon types. The delay is beyond ridiculous

    Not to mention the new encounter glitch that pops the Pokémon up in the middle of a battle after you've caught it.

    Needs some serious rework Niantic how this made it past testing is beyond me.

    submitted by /u/D3S-9
    [link] [comments]

    It happened. After 51.5 years.... The prodigal Tyranitar finally returned home ��

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 05:17 PM PDT

    But for real...I really wish you could forcefully take pokemon out of gyms after you've hit the minimum time to get 50 coins for the day. Or at a minimum after a few days or so. I've held a gym for 3 months before 😒

    https://imgur.com/gallery/2spMAHX

    submitted by /u/rubikso
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone noticed the app is much glitchier lately than ever

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 04:31 PM PDT

    Today I missed out on catching Regigigas and shiny yanma because of pokemon not found glitches. As a rural player all i feel is PAIN

    submitted by /u/JohnnyMoneyballsRed
    [link] [comments]

    An Egg from 2017...

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 04:53 PM PDT

    http://imgur.com/gallery/cMfs0AU

    ...ended up giving me my first perfect IV Pokémon after I returned the game yesterday. So many new things to figure out but I'm enjoying my time so far!

    submitted by /u/dharkan
    [link] [comments]

    Don’t evolve your buddy. A cautionary tale.

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 02:12 PM PDT

    I've been unable to play for three full days due to this known bug:

    -Evolving a Buddy sometimes causes the game to crash and get stuck on the post-login warning.

    -Issue description: Sometimes Trainers evolve their Buddy, and find that their Buddy disappears. This can be resolved if the Trainer is able to add a Buddy from any of their existing Pokémon while the game is still responsive. However, if they are unable to do so, the game will eventually become unresponsive and lock the player into the "Do not trespass" or "Do not drive" warnings indefinitely. Issue status: Resolved in upcoming release. Please contact Support via this form if this is affecting you and we can resolve it on your behalf.

    I finally got a reply from Julian at Niantic at 1:05am local time saying

    -Thank you for contacting Pokémon GO support.

    -Sorry to hear about the trouble. Our team was aware of this issue and we are working on resolving this issue by manually assigning your Buddy Pokémon on your behalf. Please let us known what Buddy Pokémon you had previously, or if you don't remember, you can tell us which Pokémon they would prefer to have selected as a Buddy. Make sure that the Pokémon is currently in your collection.

    I replied five hours ago and I'm still unable to play. I'm a day 1 daily player (LVL 45). I've sunk a ton of time and money into it. On top of coins, raid passes, events, etc I've also bought the Pokémon Go plus and the poke ball plus. Now I'm missing daily rewards. Double Candy spotlight and raid hour.

    Anyone else or just me? The issue follows me onto different devices on iOS and android & is just my account. If I log into a friends account on my devices there are no issues.

    submitted by /u/speakswithemojis
    [link] [comments]

    I got a strike on my account for using modified client software or unauthorized third party software, I’ve never cheated/ spoofed. Is there a way to get rid of this/appeal it

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 09:31 AM PDT

    The only third party software I've used has been poke genie and i really don't want to get my account banned as I enjoy pogo, Can anyone help resolve this?

    submitted by /u/XxDragonitexX10
    [link] [comments]

    This is probably one of the worst updates ever

    Posted: 16 Jun 2021 05:23 PM PDT

    You can't skip raid rewards, pokémon cries don't play anymore, and every time i do a 3 star raid i get kicked out wtf niantic

    edit i just tried hosting a regigigas and a literal loading icon popped up when accepting friend requests like wtf

    submitted by /u/HayKd
    [link] [comments]

    Collectors - How are you doing?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 10:52 AM PDT

    I'm a collector, and have been playing from the start but had a huge break in the middle. I've only just started playing again this year. I've registered 544 to the Pokédex (not counting Mega).

    I'm wondering how I'm doing in comparison!

    •How many have you caught? •How long have you been playing - did you take a break? • What's your favourite and/or rarest?

    Edit. clarity

    submitted by /u/EmeraldWhirlpool
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: Today is the first day you need to complete "The Higher They Fly" to stay on track for Giovanni research.

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 05:31 AM PDT

    PSA, If you've been holding onto "The Higher They Fly" to stack 3 Rocket Radars, this is the first time you will need to complete it to open the next research, "A Seven-Colored Shadow", which will give you a super radar to replace the one you spend to complete "The Higher They Fly".

    Shadow Ho-oh is the new legendary Giovanni has from today until September...

    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/339511868307800064/855061427979157505/PhotoGrid_Plus_1623932380953.png

    submitted by /u/R4KD05
    [link] [comments]

    ANDROID USERS if your phone is going to sleep after the update try this work around.

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 11:31 AM PDT

    So after updating to 211 I've noticed my phone going to sleep while I have the app opened but not playing. On Android I have a something called game booster running that was installed by default on Android. If you have the pokemon go app open it's a little icon at the very bottom left of the screen. Click this icon -> touch protection -> set screen timeout to 1 minute -> set desired screen brightness. Make sure your phones actual sleep settings are more than 1 minute. Now when you have the app running when game booster takes over touch protection after a minute it over rides your phones screen timeout and it doesn't go to sleep. Let me know if this works for you please.

    submitted by /u/_The_Space_Monkey_
    [link] [comments]

    Not one single Rocket encounter today...

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 05:27 PM PDT

    Anyone else? I am stalled on 2nd page of the ho-oh special research...not one single balloon or pokestop all day long!

    I am having flashbacks of April...😭

    submitted by /u/cyanblossom89
    [link] [comments]

    how much money have you spent on pokemon go?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 11:19 AM PDT

    i have only spent $15 on the game for pokecoins and i was wondering how much money people actually spend on this game. how much money in total? what do you use the pokecoins for?

    submitted by /u/jIINC
    [link] [comments]

    Gym Problem

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 01:28 PM PDT

    Question for anyone, so 2 days ago i was on Team Blue and i put 2 Pokémon into 2 Gyms in the Morning. In the late afternoon i changed Teams to Team Yellow with my Team Medallion. When i changed to Yellow i forgot i had pokémon in gyms that were on Blue. Now for the pasts 2 days it says that they r still in the gym and even when i click on it they aren't in the gym anymore. Anyone that has a solution please help, greatly appreciate anything. Thank You.

    submitted by /u/Independent-Ask-6476
    [link] [comments]

    Shiny Growlithe and Arcanine

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 04:42 PM PDT

    I caught a Shiny Growlithe in the wild and evolved it into Arcanine. The IV is so low I almost didn't waste the candy but I couldn't resist.

    http://imgur.com/gallery/FHe2f6X

    submitted by /u/lwalker510
    [link] [comments]

    Shiny Regigigas

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 04:41 PM PDT

    I have done two Regigigas raids today, and both times I found and caught two shiny versions of them. Is this rare at all?

    submitted by /u/Smoke-Life
    [link] [comments]

    Limit with sending gifts?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 04:27 PM PDT

    So a friend of mine told me that there is a limit for sending gifts at 100 gifts per day.
    Today I added many people and send, I think 100 gifts. I waited for a message to appear that a limit is reached, like for 20+ gyms. But instead I just got no new gifts.

    So my question is:
    The limit is 100 and instead of a message I simply don't get new gifts?

    Thanks for your answer :)

    submitted by /u/Stemmzi
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: Step 3/6 for A Seven-Colored Shadow Quest text error

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 03:41 AM PDT

    Hi! Something just popped up that I thought was important to share, one of Niantic's quests has the wrong text for the condition that you have to meet to complete it.

    At step 3/6, the second quest states: "Battle another Trainer in the Great League" - Now, this is not possible in GO Battle League as of the time of me writing this post, but the quest itself is actually wrong! It won't complete if you battle against a friend in Great League, you actually have to win the battle for it to count.

    Don't believe me? Try it yourself. :]

    Please spread word so it gets around and will prevent people from getting stuck and/or bombarding the subreddit with this exact same problem.

    submitted by /u/DashingGames
    [link] [comments]

    Today I was able to officially catch shiny Mew!

    Posted: 16 Jun 2021 04:24 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/BdyRdTf https://imgur.com/TD72Pn3

    It took quite a while to be able to finish the research, and I needed to reach level 40 just to be able to continue it, ironically doing 151km took longer than that. To get shiny Mew feels like a dream come true. I properly recorded the whole event too!

    submitted by /u/bearfan2000
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment