• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 4, 2021

    Pokémon GO - New rule and stance change about cheaters

    Pokémon GO - New rule and stance change about cheaters


    New rule and stance change about cheaters

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 09:45 AM PDT

    New rule and stance change about cheaters

    Hello everyone!

    Previously our stance on cheaters and spoofers has been that if you're cheating but never advocate it or say you're cheating you're basically in the clear, it wasn't this simple internally but this is changing.


    Now this policy will be changed to if we notice any cheating activity, advocating it, engaging in their communities etc. you will be banned.

    As this is a new stance we will let this rule get live next week the 9th of August, if you're in another timezone and you engage in those activities Sunday evening local time don't blame us.


    TDLR: Don't cheat, or get banned

    submitted by /u/BootsMade4Walking
    [link] [comments]

    102 dialga raids and no shiny

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 05:25 PM PDT

    I'm just???? Crying. What is this bad luck is2g. Anyone have just as bad of luck as me? I've seen people do significantly less amounts of raids and get multiple shiny dialgas.

    I'm amazed people can get 2-3 within 30 raids and yet I can't even come across 1 after over 100 raids. So much wasted money and time.

    Update: I just got the shittiest shiny at raid 104. But I love it bc it was a nightmare to come across.

    submitted by /u/SockkNinja
    [link] [comments]

    Gen 8 Ultra Unlock

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 04:37 AM PDT

    So we're getting the Sw/Sh legendaries, skwovet/wooloo and Falinks.

    Great, but considering I'm not sure the've even finished Gen 5's roll out and barely got started on Gen 6 this seems wrong. I liked that the evos for the regional variants came through but it's way too early to introduce standalone Gen 8 imo.

    submitted by /u/RABB_11
    [link] [comments]

    Let me see your shiny Pokémon. I’m curious what some look like ��

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 06:05 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/C8H8NcE

    Here is my shiny Pokémon. Ultimately I'd like to catch one of each. I'd love to see what more looks like, especially a Crystal Onix; if anyone has one, please show me. I can't wait to see them.

    Edit: They've told me that there's no crystal Onix. Still show me yours

    submitted by /u/Lucaeo
    [link] [comments]

    PVP is a fucking joke

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 07:18 PM PDT

    Hydro cannon, frenzy plant and blast burn are stupidly overpowered, they deal far too much damage and can be spammed at ridiculous rates. Even if the moves are resisted they still deal a ton of damage (a skarmory should not lose 1/3 of it's health to a single frenzy plant, given that skarmory DOUBLE RESISTS IT talking out of my backside here, apologies). Missed the respective community days because you didn't play then or were working that day? Too bad, no easy wins for you! I would also argue charm is overpowered, but that is a debate for another time.

    It suck because PVP COULD be so much better (like many parts of the game). I play because it's my only chance of catching legendaries, but it has got to the point where not even that is a reason for me to deal with the stress and frustration that comes with battling Swampert and Venusaur in every 4/5 battles. A-Muk should NOT be killed by a couple of frenzy plants.

    Is PVP a) deliberately unbalanced, b) unbalanced because Niantic are too stupid to understand how to balance it, or c) Niantic are too busy forcing out anyone with the players best interests in mind? I'd guess a combination of the three.

    /rant

    EDIT: There are many more problems in PVP that need addressing, but these are the main ones I've experienced during my recent games.

    EDIT 2: One long sleep and a cup of tea later, and I can address some things mentioned in the replies.

    Firstly, as u/monsieuryuan and u/Jamey_1999 have pointed out, my 'skarmory loses 1/3 of it's hp to a frenzy plant' statement was incorrect, and I apologise for that - I was frustrated after seeing so many sodding venusaur last night, and I've amended my post. That said, I still think frenzy plant does far too much damage and charges too quickly.

    Weather ball has also been mentioned as a spammy abomination, something I will agree with. Spammy moves are fine and have their place in the game, but they should be compensated by a low damage output and not being available to pokemon with fast moves that charge energy quickly.

    I think a general problem is movesets. Swampert and venusaur are (in my opinion) the worst offenders for spamming overpowered moves because mud shot/vine whip are able to generate a lot of energy quickly. Yes, there are counters to them, but that relies on your counter aligning with said pokemon, and doesn't make up for the fact that HC, FP and BB are (in my opinion) overpowered. Politoed, roserade and abomasnow are also examples since since they can spam weather ball.

    Finally, even if Niantic properly adjusted moves to make them balanced, PVP would still be broken due to how buggy it is. Lag is extremely prevalent, to the point where a battle will sometimes have started before I've loaded in (not an internet problem my end, but Niantic's servers seem to be dodgy recently). Locking me into using a charge move after my opponent if we both press to use one at the same time is the bane of my existence because it derails any potential tactics I might be trying to use (use my move first so my opponent doesn't use theirs, or use a shield and farm them down so I have one ready for their next 'mon).

    submitted by /u/Hailfiretank
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else bored?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 10:14 PM PDT

    Minus the distance spins being decreased, my want to play this game has dropped significantly from hitting level 50. I'm just bored with it, I didn't feel this way when I hit 40 because i had stuff to do but just feels like hitting a brick wall at 50. Plus I hit 2000 legendary raids around the same time and realized, wow I only have 5 perfect legendaries. I also think it's stupid that you get NOTHING for it. Have an unown and a mewtwo have fun. There should be stuff that you can do at 40+,45+,50 that someone level 25 can't. The xl candy for mythics is a joke, I have a perfect mew I'd love to get to 50 and maybe if I shell out another $1000 on raids I might get enough rare candies to convert. Sorry this turned into a rant. Just pissed that what was once my favorite thing to do has given me a sour taste in my mouth in such a small amount of time. BTW I was not expecting for some hidden feature to be unlocked when I hit 50.

    submitted by /u/Wrong_Protection_358
    [link] [comments]

    Can we get a ‘purge’ feature?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 04:44 AM PDT

    I'd like to be able to bulk transfer Pokémon based on set criteria.

    Hear me out.

    We can see Pokémon age. We can see Pokémon IVs (appraise). We can see moves, CP, everything we need to etc.

    Some of us have well over 1,000 Pokémon in our storage, and it's fair to say I don't want to go through a list that long and single out the mons I want to transfer.

    Could we get a feature added that allows us to set certain filters, and then transfer all mons that fit the criteria?

    submitted by /u/AvgMick
    [link] [comments]

    Ultra Unlock Part 3 will be all about the Galar region! - Pokémon GO

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 10:03 AM PDT

    The Ultra Unlcok Event Part 3 is to add Pokémon Sword & Shield Pokémon to Pokémon GO including Skwovet, Wooloo, Falinks, Zacian, Zamazenta and Shiny Galarian Forms

    https://pokemongolive.com/post/pokemongofest2021-ultraunlock-sword-shield/

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuKGAXwr_CI

    submitted by /u/AidThisFellowUser
    [link] [comments]

    My First Shundo!

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 05:34 AM PDT

    http://imgur.com/a/XXidgBk

    Really Happy to catch a shundo!

    Also nice its a usable one!

    Even thougu he almost Looks the same to the normal one...

    submitted by /u/Huupi
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to know what raids at happening at my nearby park without having to go to that park, so I can plan when to go accordingly?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 03:02 AM PDT

    I used to play with this raid group that planned out their raids really well with what I think was a website? Does this exist anymore? I want to go to my nearby park when it's at peak five star raid amounts(not counting Wednesday raid hour). Is there a way I can know what raids are happening there at any given moment without having to physically go there?

    submitted by /u/Disco_to_New_Wave
    [link] [comments]

    Pokemon storage and Bag space sales

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 07:02 AM PDT

    Does anybody know when past bag sales/ pokemon storage spaces were on sale? I'm looking to upgrade my storage as I am returning to the game after more than one year and a half and am not intending on spending money for poke coins.

    Does anyome have a list of past sales so we cab predict future ones?

    submitted by /u/Dude-with-dice
    [link] [comments]

    In your opinion(s), which Pokémon, and or their evolution(s) was screwed over when it comes to their designs and why?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 12:40 PM PDT

    I'm curious to see what people think, i think a lot of Pokémon/ and their evolutions got screwed over in their designs and I'm wondering why people think the Pokémon/ their evolution got screwed over in their designs.

    submitted by /u/Rainbowrebel23
    [link] [comments]

    Disappointed with mega raids

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 09:53 PM PDT

    Anyone else think it's ironic that the "season of discovery" only brought us one new mega raid?

    I might be in the minority, but I look forward to a fresh mega to add to my Pokédex each month. I have several marked for future evolution and it adds a special layer of attachment to some of my Pokémon.

    I'm hopeful that this lack of new mega raids is compensating for a planned Hoenn event with the simultaneous release of all Gen 3 starter megas. But Niantic is notorious for letdowns so I'm sure it's really just a way for them to milk the release of megas even longer.

    submitted by /u/matwebz
    [link] [comments]

    Day 4 of being completely unable to open the game. Finding help feels hopeless at this point, but can we try and raise awareness to get Niantics attention?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 06:38 AM PDT

    It would seem an extremely small number of players are being affected by a bug that prevents us from opening the game at all. Every post I've seen about it and myself included all have the same issue: the game opens to the Niantic Balloon logo and crashes back to the Home Screen immediately. Should you get lucky enough for it to actually open (which has happened to me once in 4 days), you get slapped with a "this device is unsupported" message very quickly. I'm on an iPhone 12 Pro Max, but I know someone else with the issue mentioned being on an iPhone 7. Every one I've seen so far has been on iOS 14.

    I saw a comment with a potential solution, to change your Apple ID region, but unfortunately that will not work for me as it requires waiting until all subscriptions like Apple TV run out and I have that until next July.

    I know I likely won't find a fix here, I'm just hoping to raise awareness of the issue so hopefully it catches Niantics attention and I can play again.

    Edit: I just figured it worth mentioning that my account itself is fine. I am still able to log in normally on other phones

    Link to previous post: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/ovtk1i/is_anyone_else_having_issues_opening_the_game/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

    submitted by /u/Seebass616
    [link] [comments]

    Will all my existing Eevees with at least 7 hearts be able to evolve to Sylveon during Community Day? Or do the hearts have to be earned during the event?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 05:53 AM PDT

    Asking because I have a bunch of good IV Eevees (and shinies as well), and I'm trying to get them to at least 7 hearts and 10km before the event.

    submitted by /u/Sir_Elyan
    [link] [comments]

    Best buddy bonus should stay

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 08:09 PM PDT

    I just made my Garchomp my best buddy and was very upset to see that his CP bonus went away when I switched does anyone agree it should stay?

    submitted by /u/COOLBOOL_417
    [link] [comments]

    the scariest thing ever

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 06:00 PM PDT

    i know that shinies are supposed to have a very high catch rate (if not 100) but does anyone else almost have a heart attack when their shiny pops out of the ball?

    submitted by /u/marvelousmadi12
    [link] [comments]

    GO Fest T-shirt

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 07:42 AM PDT

    So, I have all GO Fest T-Shirts, but is it rare? Are they available to everyone? Or just to the people that played back then?

    submitted by /u/Pineapple__Warrior
    [link] [comments]

    What shadows should i keep and what should i purify?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 07:39 AM PDT

    I'm kinda new to PoGo and I've heard a lot of people saying that shadows are better. And I've also heard people say otherwise. I just wanted to know which to purify and which not to. If anyone has a link/chart to share, feel free to pm me :)

    submitted by /u/ZeX_77
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment