• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 18, 2021

    Pokémon GO - Niantic reversing the distance in NZ but not the US proves that they don't actually care about player health, only avoiding legal troubles and bad press.

    Pokémon GO - Niantic reversing the distance in NZ but not the US proves that they don't actually care about player health, only avoiding legal troubles and bad press.


    Niantic reversing the distance in NZ but not the US proves that they don't actually care about player health, only avoiding legal troubles and bad press.

    Posted: 17 Aug 2021 07:31 PM PDT

    So Niantic reversed the distance change when NZ had 1 confirmed locally transmitted case but refused to do the same when the US just had over 250k new cases and 1k+ deaths in one day (an over 2000% increase in about one month).

    This basically proves that Niantic doesn't actually care about player health/safety, but only local laws (e.g. lockdown or not) so they don't run into legal troubles or get into media's crosshairs. All those statements about caring about the players and the community were nothing but PR talk and virtue signaling.

    This is not at all surprising for a corporation of course, but it's still disappointing and despicable.

    submitted by /u/carllyq
    [link] [comments]

    There is zero incentive to fight Rocket leaders because of how utterly shit the capturable Pokémon are

    Posted: 18 Aug 2021 03:51 AM PDT

    How the fuck does leader cliff have a fucking seedot on his team? I just trudged through 5 boring ass grunt fights over the last couple days and now all you offer me is a seedot?? Why don't nianitc give the leaders better Pokémon, it makes zero sense canonically for them to use ones so weak and it offers me zero incentive to fight them.

    Ugh sorry. I needed to rant. A fucking seedot???!!!

    submitted by /u/shit_w33d
    [link] [comments]

    Niantic is reinstating the Explorer Bonuses and increased interaction in New Zealand

    Posted: 17 Aug 2021 06:05 PM PDT

    Trainers, due to New Zealand's recent move to Alert Level 4, we are rolling back the Explorer Bonuses in New Zealand and reinstating the previous bonuses.

    These changes will remain in effect until New Zealand has moved out of Alert Level 4.

    Official Tweet

    submitted by /u/Amiibofan101
    [link] [comments]

    Weather Gone?

    Posted: 18 Aug 2021 07:56 AM PDT

    Did I miss something, or did Niantic turn the weather effects off? For weeks whenever it rains, my game doesn't show the rain.

    submitted by /u/TTaylor2424
    [link] [comments]

    I think I’ve decided to Jump ship

    Posted: 17 Aug 2021 10:19 PM PDT

    I've been slowly transferring my shiny's out of GO and into Home since the news broke that the radius was decreasing. I have about a dozen or so left and once they're safely out I'll say my final goodbyes. All fun that I've had in the last 8-9 months has vanished. I just feel defeated opening up the game and doing daily spins now.

    submitted by /u/ColemanTrollman
    [link] [comments]

    The funniest Pokémon

    Posted: 17 Aug 2021 03:47 PM PDT

    I think Ludicolo is the funniest Pokémon. I put him in a gym and he just dances around. It's funny. He is what Lotad is fully evolved btw

    submitted by /u/burritocards13
    [link] [comments]

    What's the rarest Pokémon you've ever caught?

    Posted: 18 Aug 2021 08:05 AM PDT

    I just caught a shiny charizard out of event and in the wild and I'm curious of how it compares to other's rarest catches! :)

    submitted by /u/NerdGirlPheasant
    [link] [comments]

    I always wondered:

    Posted: 18 Aug 2021 12:03 AM PDT

    Why the stars aren't shown right where the stats are. There would be no need for the appraise button.

    submitted by /u/Migzenit
    [link] [comments]

    Purification?

    Posted: 18 Aug 2021 06:03 AM PDT

    Hey there,

    I recently purified my Ekans for a quest and found that his IVs increased to perfect. Is this common, as in, do IVs increase often?

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/SpartanSailor
    [link] [comments]

    Rando Shiny Bulbasaur in the ER

    Posted: 18 Aug 2021 02:10 AM PDT

    I haven't played in a while but since it's 3am and I've been waiting in the ER for four hours I open it up and what do I find… Good IV Shiny Bulby

    submitted by /u/orcaluna
    [link] [comments]

    Next phone suggestion?

    Posted: 18 Aug 2021 09:13 AM PDT

    My s9 has gotten really bad over the last few months. Biggest issue is how much PoGo heats up and lags the S9 vs how much better it runs on my friends Pixel 2XL (6 month older phone, and an older Snapdragon).

    I'm in the US, I have Tmobile. Budget is around 500. Probably not interested in another Samsung phone anymore.

    submitted by /u/lost12
    [link] [comments]

    What would you like to see in the next rotation of shadow shinies?

    Posted: 18 Aug 2021 08:36 AM PDT

    Mine are Zubat, Larvitar, and Charmander

    I would grind endlessly for any of these. Shadow shiny golbat would look awesome. I'd build an entire PvP team around it just to show it off

    submitted by /u/21WaterGuy
    [link] [comments]

    How has the distance reduction made a difference to you?

    Posted: 17 Aug 2021 08:36 AM PDT

    Just curious as to how much of a difference reducing the stop/gym radius had made. For me (just as an example) walking the dogs around my block i was able to spin 9 stops. Now that the radius has been reduced I can only hit 3! It definitely makes the game less enjoyable for me and just reaching level 50, I will probably play a lot less. The stops I can no longer reach are across a major highway so I will not venture to spin those stops. I didn't think it would make this much of a difference but 2/3rds of the stops/gyms are no longer in reach. Thanks niantic for making the game a lot less enjoyable to me

    submitted by /u/PokeShinyMaster
    [link] [comments]

    Deleting friends who won't rank up friendship.

    Posted: 17 Aug 2021 10:19 AM PDT

    I don't know if everybody does this but if I have a friend who is sitting on a gift and won't accept Raid invites for over a month, I just delete them regardless if they're about to be Ultra or Best Friend. I can understand wanting to hold off till you have a lucky egg but at that point you're being inconsiderate. I understand that there's really no rush but it's the principle of the matter really. After several weeks I just want the XP regardless if it's double or not.

    submitted by /u/TwinTea
    [link] [comments]

    Gym leaderboards

    Posted: 17 Aug 2021 11:59 AM PDT

    There should be a leaderboard at each gym that tracks how long everyone has defended it. This would be cool because you could see where you are in relation to your friends/town/area. It would also give another incentive to have Pokémon in gyms. Outside of coins there's not really drive to take gyms, and I feel like gyms could be so much more than just daily coins.

    submitted by /u/Long_Shlong6812
    [link] [comments]

    Catching a Palkia

    Posted: 17 Aug 2021 08:35 PM PDT

    So I did a Palkia raid earlier and my 3yr old niece wanted to help so I let her. Told her what to do, a few more died than usual but that's okay. Then she wants to help me catch the Palkia, so I'm like why not she helped battle. So now I have a 2700 Palkia named Gold Fish cause thats what she wanted. Ugh the things I do for these kids. Lol.

    submitted by /u/SortKooky8002
    [link] [comments]

    Shellos from Spotlight Hour (August 17, 2021)

    Posted: 17 Aug 2021 08:23 PM PDT

    I wasn't sure how I was going to get this pink shellos. Climbing a rock wall isn't easy, you know.

    https://imgur.com/pR5TJ9C

    submitted by /u/XL_Pumpkaboo
    [link] [comments]

    Adventure Sync is not working

    Posted: 18 Aug 2021 12:52 AM PDT

    Can someone help me out here? I popped eggs in incubators and enabled adventure sync, Locked my phone and went on my way.

    Solid 7k walk.

    Opened my Pokémon go app, nothing contributed.

    What have I done wrong? I'm on iPhone and all settings are enabled for Pokémon go

    submitted by /u/JumboSnausage
    [link] [comments]

    Pokestops in the United States spinning at covid distances, but only activating at recently implemented distances.

    Posted: 17 Aug 2021 10:36 PM PDT

    For example, I'm able to see a team rocket grunt at the distance applied during the pandemic. The PokeStop spins but either says 'please try again later' or 'walk closer to interact with this PokeStop.' Curious if anybody else is experiencing this. Best case, this means the U.S. is reverting back to covid distances. Worst case this is a bug caused by the recent changes to help New Zealanders maintain social distancing. Funniest case, I honestly thought New Zealanders were called New Zealandians.

    submitted by /u/houcky747
    [link] [comments]

    Question about leveling challenges

    Posted: 18 Aug 2021 09:00 AM PDT

    For level 45, one of the challenges is earn 10 platinum medals. Does this include the "number of x type caught" medals or just the actual challenge medals?

    submitted by /u/TheLlamasRevenge
    [link] [comments]

    Pink Background Appraisal

    Posted: 18 Aug 2021 08:46 AM PDT

    I've searched for the answer but can't find it, what does the pink background on a 3 star Pokémon appraisal mean?

    submitted by /u/DAN13LP8
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to load game

    Posted: 18 Aug 2021 08:23 AM PDT

    As the title says I am not able to load the game since this morning. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but to no avail. I have also logged out but it doesn't seem to solve the problem. For reference, I am using Nokia 6.1 Plus and my WiFi and mobile data are perfectly fine.

    submitted by /u/Dreadedtriox
    [link] [comments]

    How do you get high cp pokemon quick?

    Posted: 18 Aug 2021 08:13 AM PDT

    Im a level 37 player and i dont know how to get high cp pokemon without spending alot of money on raids so i get rare candy so yeah if you know please tell me

    submitted by /u/General_Casper
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment